Bria Hartley update! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bria Hartley update!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
What makes you say I don't value bigs? :confused: Of COURSE I do! It's nearly impossible to win championships w/o them. You made the initial comment about LC being traded (she didn't want to stay anyway). I just see the way she has played, her attitude and compared her to another. My original post was about MoJeff and how she wasn't mentioned. BTW........Plum is not even in Moriahs league. :)

If you think Liz is just an 'ordinary big,' can you name a few who aren't ordinary and give reasons why? Very curious to see your thoughts.

Reaction Score
If you think Liz is just an 'ordinary big,' can you name a few who aren't ordinary and give reasons why? Very curious to see your thoughts.
Along with BG, I would go with Jonquel Jones. She’s only been playing for 3 years in the WNBA and has a better avg. of rebounds and blocks than LC. She’s also a better 3 pt. shooter. I like her game and her attitude is much better team-wise than LC. Cambage (and BG) both have anger management issues. IMO that does more harm than good for teams.

Reaction Score
Along with BG, I would go with Jonquel Jones. She’s only been playing for 3 years in the WNBA and has a better avg. of rebounds and blocks than LC. She’s also a better 3 pt. shooter. I like her game and her attitude is much better team-wise than LC. Cambage (and BG) both have anger management issues. IMO that does more harm than good for teams.
Why so interested in your 6’7” girl shooting threes

Reaction Score
Why so interested in your 6’7” girl shooting threes
Doesn't that make them a more dangerous threat than standing under the basket, hoping the ball gets to them? What made Breanna Stewart so dangerous? Geno loves it when his big girls can shoot from the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Stewart is a 4 not a 5 like Griner and Cambage
Not the position thats important. If you want to be a more rounded player, difficult to defend, you make yourself a more rounded player! Can we at least agree on this?

Reaction Score
If it’s part of her game the3 is fine but you can’t compare Stewart with Griner or Cambage Stewart doesn’t have the size or muscle of Cambage down low so Liz is better option underneath I a half court game

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

...so in your opinion, is what makes a big not ordinary just that they take a lot of 3pt shots and average a half block per game more than Cambage? Because JJ and Cambage averaged almost the exact same rebounds per minute. Go back a year further and Cambage's rebounding numbers are far better than JJ's. And Griner doesn't hold a candle to either in the rebound department.

Nothing about the way Liz plays is ordinary. She's far bigger and stronger than almost any other big in the league and has great hands and good shooting touch. She gives passers a huge window to pass the ball inside to her and has great hands for catching passes. The only other player with a comparable post presence inside is Griner. She's arguably the best in the league at establishing position on the low block and is automatic when defended 1 on 1 inside. She's strong as an ox and can finish through contact. She's also excellent facing up from midrange too.

And in regards to anger management, Griner has domestic violence charges and two separate incidents of throwing punches in games. Cambage jaws at the refs and picks up Ts. Very different. Cambage is actually quite similar to Diana Taurasi in this department, not Griner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom