OT: - Brendan Adams Opting-In Extra Year at GW | The Boneyard

OT: Brendan Adams Opting-In Extra Year at GW

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, I just checked GW's 22-23 roster and they listed Brendan Adams as a fifth-year grad player.

Last season, Adams averaged 8.2p, 3.7r, 2.1a in 30.2 mpg.
Sure he has a BS in Economics from UConn in three years.
and will get an MBA from one of the top 100 graduate schools in the country. It’s probably a two year requirement ,so of course he is staying.
This kid will be making serious bank next year. That’s the model I love about college athletes. If it’s destroyed by the tiny tail of professional sports it will be a huge loss to families everywhere looking to get ahead.
He graduates ,debt free , with a $200,000-$300,000 education how sweet is that.

Reaction Score
and will get an MBA from one of the top 100 graduate schools in the country. It’s probably a two year requirement ,so of course he is staying.
This kid will be making serious bank next year. That’s the model I love about college athletes. If it’s destroyed by the tiny tail of professional sports it will be a huge loss to families everywhere looking to get ahead.
Well said. Impressive person.

Reaction Score
The value of an education doesnt equal the price. Different convo.
BA very impressive. True student athlete he’ll go as far as he wants.

Reaction Score
He is better than both Gaffney & Diggins. He would have been good to have.
Except those 2 are PGs, or at the very least were attempting to play the PG position. Adams is not a PG and we were already not playing Hawkins enough on the wing so I just don't see it

Reaction Score
GW is an interesting place. It's way over priced. But they do that to keep out the riff raff. It's really an extended prep school. The contacts you make are much more valuable than the education you get. Great place to start a career in the federal government. Best of luck Adams. Hope he takes advantage of the opportunity.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
GW is an interesting place. It's way over priced. But they do that to keep out the riff raff. It's really an extended prep school. The contacts you make are much more valuable than the education you get. Great place to start a career in the federal government. Best of luck Adams. Hope he takes advantage of the opportunity.
It’s a great neighborhood too. We’ve stayed in the hotel right on campus twice: once around ten years and just recently over Memorial Day weekend this year. Really enjoyed the location and my kids definitely liked it.

Reaction Score
Except those 2 are PGs, or at the very least were attempting to play the PG position. Adams is not a PG and we were already not playing Hawkins enough on the wing so I just don't see it

He started a few games for us at the point during his tenure. He would have been able to spell Cole for a few minutes unlike Gaffney and Diggins.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This discussion just reminded me of John Thompson's deflated basketball on his desk as a constant reminder of life after basketball. Picture says a thousand words.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s president of basketball Ops for the Celtics in 15 years, if that’s the route he wants to go down, he’s certainly set up to succeed on the business side of sports (but really any other industry too). I had the chance to speak with him a couple times his first year at UConn and at the time he certainly stuck out from other freshmen just in the way he conducts himself and such.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Smart kid with his head screwed on straight
I'm happy that he will continue his education and be able to play some hoops
He is someone who is has enough skills to be on the floor play a D1 school, knows his future is not playing ball but is setting himself up to be successful in the business world
Love it
No idea why any one would dislike AZHuskyPops comment but maybe Candyman sees things differently

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom