Brendan Adams Graduating in May | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams Graduating in May

Reaction Score
No disrespect to Fatts, but we have 2 top 100 guards coming in. They should be getting developmental minutes next season, not riding the pine and thinking about transferring. Lots of unknowns but I don't think we'll be struggling to fill out the roster.
You don’t turn down farts Russell.

Reaction Score
Appreciate all the contributions from BA from being the first recruit to sign under Hurley at UConn to coming in and giving it all he had no matter the score or opponent. To top it off my mans got a degree in ECONOMICS in 3 YEARS! Special dude and part of the reason for the culture change. Salute

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When I read many months ago that he was targeting a 2021 graduation, I imagined that he was setting himself up for whatever would best suit his 4th year needs.
I can't keep track, doesn't he get two more years? He could find a nice place with ball and a grad degree.

Reaction Score
I will always remember Brendan Adams stepping up in the Charleston Classic when AG went down with an injury in the Buffalo game. We were struggling big time and then AG goes down and were thinking they might lose the first game there. Brendan Adams comes in the second half to play great point guard. He really did well at PG and steady the team down while scoring 20 points on 5-6 shooting, 2-2 from 3 and 8-10 from the line. He had only 2 assists and 1 Turnover but was penetrating in the lane and creating stuff and was in control. I was like this is going to be the starting PG for the rest of the year as he seemed a lot better than AG. I wonder what happened to that Brendan Adams as we really never saw that guy again. He surely seemed to be less confident and his shot was off from then on. I still respect what he did as it allowed us to play exciting 3 games in the tourney and get a nice win over Miami while losing a heartbreaker against Xavier. Brendan Adams will be missed even if it just leading the team down their PG to a big victory early in the season. Glad he has economics to fall upon as pro ball might not be in his future for too many years. Congras Brendan Adams!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I can't keep track, doesn't he get two more years? He could find a nice place with ball and a grad degree.
Good question, might well be the case.

I formed the impression that I mentioned prior to COVID, and haven't really given it much thought until today, other than feeling it was all but certain when he dropped so low in the rotation.

That said, I was hoping that this would be his breakout season, even that he might bloom late and have a career arc like his brother. In that context, I was indifferent about Martin's waiver to play this season, so I batted a not very impressive 1 for 3.

Hoping for a good Seniors Day, and a solid game from Tyrese tomorrow.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
3 open. Cole, Gaff, Jax, Rese, Akok, Sanogo, Springs, Diggins, Hawkins, Samson.

I'm more talking about we all of a sudden aren't crazy deep. It's hard to get 3 good contributors in Spring/Summer.
Are we certain that Richie Springs is still on the team? Has there ever been a scholarship player spoken less about? We never hear a word about him.

Reaction Score
so we might need to sign 3 transfers this summer??? that's an enormous undertaking. the competition is even tighter for known commodities.

i really hope at least one senior stays now. as long as we have 13 guys we wouldnt have to fill all 3 potentially open schollys. can save 1 for 2022.
Thinking Sool may have some leads on players for DH to look into for next year..

Reaction Score
Why do we need another guy who can’t shoot? I mean I get the excitement to watch the kid but only because he’s on URI. He shoots them into games but also shoots them out of games, and often.

23% this year from 3, 33% from the floor? No thank you there will be much better out there available somehow.

Reaction Score
Why do we need another guy who can’t shoot? I mean I get the excitement to watch the kid but only because he’s on URI. He shoots them into games but also shoots them out of games, and often.

23% this year from 3, 33% from the floor? No thank you there will be much better out there available somehow.
I do like Fatts, but this team definitely needs a shooter and more offensive weapons next year with Bouk leaving. We don’t have many knock down shooters this year. From what i’ve seen from Hawkins, I think he will fill that void a lot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Are we certain that Richie Springs is still on the team? Has there ever been a scholarship player spoken less about? We never hear a word about him.
Whaley, until Hurley remembered he played for us?

Reaction Score
He's participating in senior day. He's transferring or going pro somewhere. I doubt this falls under the speculation rule here
This was hinted at early on, I think even before the season began. With the talent coming in I had almost assumed that he would be a grad transfer after this year. The fact that he lost his starting position (which always confused me as to why he was starting in the first place) and his subsequent burial on the bench now seems to indicate that he'll look for a prominent role elsewhere next year. I wish him the best with whatever he decides.

Reaction Score
Hurley did talk about him this year that he's a developmental player. What else is there to talk about with a player that has played 4 minutes total this season?

Reaction Score

We could grab just about any guy from Davidson and they would help our scoring more than a 23% shooter.
That said, congrats and good luck to Brendan. Good guy and a hard worker.

Reaction Score
If he's graduated it wouldn't be considered transferring.
General rule is not to speculate on our own guys transferring. He could enroll in postgrad, use the COVID year and get a 2 year Masters in his 5 years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
I wish him well. Great teammate who didn’t sulk on the bench when his playing time was taken away.

He will be successful wherever his life takes him.
He's one of those players whose legacy will be far beyond what they accomplished on the court. His personality and work ethic seemed very important in getting the culture change that Hurley wanted. Very important recruit for this program and I can't wait to watch him over the next two seasons. I hope he finds a strong academic school where he can get a valuable post-grad degree and some playing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom