Brendan Adams Graduating in May | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams Graduating in May

Reaction Score
Graduating in three years with an economics degree...clearly Mr. Adams did not screw around in the classroom. Good for him. Even if he hasn’t been a star here, he has always given top level effort and contributed in a big way to the culture change here.

Reaction Score
Idk if anyone else has taken upper level Econ classes at UConn before, but they are extremely difficult. I was an Econ major at Storrs before switching to Finance, and man those upper level econ classes are killers. Made my finance courses seem like 2nd grade math lol. To complete that degree in 3 years while playing D1 basketball is quite the accomplishment. With or without basketball, BA will be more than successful in life

Reaction Score
It was always known he is graduating this year.

Really impressive to graduate in three years with the enormous commitment of being a high level D1 basketball player.
That's fine, but if he was planning on doing a post-grad year at UConn, I doubt he'd be getting honored tomorrow. So this is news.

Reaction Score
Why not? He'll have two years to get an MA.

Eh he could play pro somewhere and he may want to. Not for a huge paycheck, but something for sure. Free MA/MS is obviously worth a lot though. We shall see

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Seeing his engagement on the bench and his passion for the team even after he slid to the end of the depth chart speaks volumes to the kid’s character and the culture Hurley is building. He’s going to be successful at whatever he chooses to do in life. And to graduate in three years with an economics degree? As a D1 athlete? Well done, good man. Well done.

Reaction Score
If Brendan or family reads the Boneyard... Congratulations! Whether you continue your basketball and/or academic career at UConn or elsewhere, you should be proud of your accomplishments. You helped restore the program during a difficult period and did it with class. I hope you and the team get the reward of playing in the tournament (not jinxing it)! Good luck with everything! Unless, of course, you go to a school we loathe, in which case I wish you luck in life, but not with that team. Just sayin'.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Why not? He'll have two years to get an MA.
Would be cool to watch him go somewhere with a top MBA program in a good basketball conference, like a Northwestern. That’d be a unique path.

Reaction Score
Quite an academic accomplishment for a D-1 athlete during the COVID pandemic. He will be a very successful young man and I hope whatever he's doing next year is a continuation of his successes at UConn.

Was a key addition to our squad as DH was beginning the rebuild.

Congratulations on a job well done!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He's participating in senior day. He's transferring or going pro somewhere. I doubt this falls under the speculation rule here

Totally agree.

Thats not transfer speculation. Thats just the way of life.

I would bet at transfer somewhere else.

Good kid, obvious hard worker. Wish him the best anywhere that he feels fits him.

Reaction Score
It was always known he is graduating this year.

Really impressive to graduate in three years with the enormous commitment of being a high level D1 basketball player.
Sure is. I know athletes get priority access to classes during registration, but still. I had to take eight courses my last semester just to graduate in four years because I couldn't get into the classes any sooner.

Reaction Score
Idk if anyone else has taken upper level Econ classes at UConn before, but they are extremely difficult. I was an Econ major at Storrs before switching to Finance, and man those upper level econ classes are killers. Made my finance courses seem like 2nd grade math lol. To complete that degree in 3 years while playing D1 basketball is quite the accomplishment. With or without basketball, BA will be more than successful in life
That's funny because I went the opposite direction, started out in finance/business and then switched over to Econ. And IIRC we were at UConn roughly the same time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom