Bracketology | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Reaction Score
"Which conference should get the most bids" is not a consideration at any time of the selection process. Teams are evaluated on an individual basis. Conference totals are not predetermined.
That's clear from looking at this. More fool I for thinking the goal of expanding the tournament might have been to benefit the women's game. Sigh.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That's clear from looking at this. More fool I for thinking the goal of expanding the tournament might have been to benefit the women's game. Sigh.
I'm not sure whether the "benefit" should be evaluated solely on the basis of whether the benefiting teams are in power 5 or non-p5 conferences.

FWIW, the last 4 teams selected last season were Dayton, DePaul, Florida State and Missouri State. In the end, I'm not sure how much "benefit" was gained in DePaul's embarrassing shellacking in the First Four round.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure whether the "benefit" should be evaluated solely on the basis of whether the benefiting teams are in power 5 or non-p5 conferences.

FWIW, the last 4 teams selected last season were Dayton, DePaul, Florida State and Missouri State. In the end, I'm not sure how much "benefit" was gained in DePaul's embarrassing shellacking in the First Four round.
I'm mainly thinking the benefit might be to have more conferences represented. If the tournament is gonna be just the Power 5 + a couple others, no wonder everyone wants to switch conferences. That's where all the money, exposure, and glory is.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm mainly thinking the benefit might be to have more conferences represented. If the tournament is gonna be just the Power 5 + a couple others, no wonder everyone wants to switch conferences. That's where all the money, exposure, and glory is.
All 32 conferences have at least one representative in the tournament. That's not an issue.

It's funny I don't recall many UConn fans complaining back when the old Big East routinely got 8 or 9 bids per year.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Post turkey tourney update - MD out, AZ back in.

1669732407301.png

Reaction Score
Seattle B looks interesting. I'd like to see how Stanford manages Iowa State's guard play and Shares at the C.

Reaction Score
Seattle B looks interesting. I'd like to see how Stanford manages Iowa State's guard play and Shares at the C.
Iowa States defense absolutely face planted against NC, so I like Stanford's chances here.

Reaction Score
Iowa States defense absolutely face planted against NC, so I like Stanford's chances here.
They sure did. But I suspect come tournament time they'll have upped their game.

Reaction Score
True.
But you’re right that Stanford is probably going to roll over them in the tournament anyway. I just think there could be interesting matchups there — Soares vs Brink et al, Jones vs Joens.

It would he a heckuva upset for Iowa St. to win that one.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
What I find strange about the most recent Bracketology is that Creighton is listed as the automatic qualifier, not UConn. Intentional or misstep, this is ESPN, so who knows. At least they are out of our bracket.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What I find strange about the most recent Bracketology is that Creighton is listed as the automatic qualifier, not UConn. Intentional or misstep, this is ESPN, so who knows. At least they are out of our bracket.
He has them as the "AQ", because they are technically #1 in the current Big East standings, just like he has Virginia as the "AQ" due to the same reason.

Reaction Score
If this Bracketology were to hold, I think UConn has the weakest 2, 3, and 4 seeds.... and the ones I'd most like to see them face out of all the possible options out there. No complains on my end.... except I think UMass deserves like an 8 or 9 seed rather than an 11..... shrug. just saying

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Two up, two down seed, welcome back Michigan, and a whole lotta region changes, most to date.
1670337097036.png

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Tough draw, but we have to hold on to a #1 seed. In this case, if we dropped to #2 we have to beat Ohio State and NC State. Too many really good teams out there, being below #1 will be a huge challenge.

Reaction Score
Not surprising......................on average, it rains 300 days a year in the northwest region. :oops:
My luck had to be holding: I visited Boeing, Bremerton, the FAA Control Center (out of town) each a few times and never hit it rainy. Cloudy, nasty looking, cool, but no rain. Of course the earth was cooler then.

Reaction Score
We should see new bracketology soon. I'm sure CC is chomping at the bit to knock UConn to a 2 seed.

Reaction Score
Tough draw, but we have to hold on to a #1 seed. In this case, if we dropped to #2 we have to beat Ohio State and NC State. Too many really good teams out there, being below #1 will be a huge challenge.
You are right! But does it matter who you draw. The ND recent game proves, the best sometimes lose, unexpectedly. Isn't that the tourney?

Plebe

Reaction Score
We should see new bracketology soon. I'm sure CC is chomping at the bit to knock UConn to a 2 seed.
Do you mean newer than the one that was posted two hours ago?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
My luck had to be holding: I visited Boeing, Bremerton, the FAA Control Center (out of town) each a few times and never hit it rainy. Cloudy, nasty looking, cool, but no rain. Of course the earth was cooler then.
We visited Eugene Oregon for two days for a men's BB game (Pacific vs Oregon) in 1994. We weren't so lucky. Two things we saw a lot of while there......rain and ducks. The ducks were everywhere, walking around the city like they owned it. They basically were ignored by the city's residents. Part of the landscape I guess. :rolleyes:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn is still a #1 seed, but they would be playing in Seattle and not Greenville.

Reaction Score
It has been a while since both the women and the men are one seeds in their NCAA brackets. Hope they both make to their final fours!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom