Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Why? to achieve the only acceptable goal for UConn you will still have to play one of them at some point... My Money is on UConn this season and every season, but especially this season... #12 is within our reach.. Mark my words...
I love your avatar. I admire your optimism to a point. We are obviously weakened with the loss of Paige and Ice. That said, I honestly believe UConn can make the final 4 IF, and only IF this team jells by the end of February, we don't lose anyone else to season ending injury, and everyone plays up to their individual potential.

EVERYONE must show up for every NCAAT game. No magicians or magic tricks in March. As usual, the first weekend will be a warm-up for games 3-6. A lot of good top ranked teams will be sent home in games 3 & 4. Don't forget about that dark horse that sometimes crashes the party that no one accounts for or sees coming. No one foresaw Washington or Oregon State in the elite 8 in 2016. :rolleyes:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Not quite zero. While Charlie has no direct connection to the NCAA selection committee he has attended at least one of their "mock bracket practices" and since he talked with them he has been pretty close to the NCAA's final bracket. And a bracket, once published, has it's own inertia.
Now Charlie has anointed himself a seer into the future, using SOS not as a means of downgrading teams like LSU, but to lower the seed of a team based on their very good SOS. Couldn't you at least have waited until they lost even one of those games Charlie?
It's amazing to me what some folks can some folks can glean/predict after one game, some of which as a poster observed involved some "pastries." :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I love your avatar. I admire your optimism to a point. We are obviously weakened with the loss of Paige and Ice. That said, I honestly believe UConn can make the final 4 IF, and only IF this team jells by the end of February, we don't lose anyone else to season ending injury, and everyone plays up to their individual potential.

EVERYONE must show up for every NCAAT game. No magicians or magic tricks in March. As usual, the first weekend will be a warm-up for games 3-6. A lot of good top ranked teams will be sent home in games 3 & 4. Don't forget about that dark horse that sometimes crashes the party that no one accounts for or sees coming. No one foresaw Washington or Oregon State in the elite 8 in 2016. :rolleyes:
Also, no one saw Creighton in the Elite Eight in 2022! Lauren Jensen goes for 30 points in the Bluejays #21
defeat of WNIT champion South Dakota State #23, in South Dakota on Monday night.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Also, no one saw Creighton in the Elite Eight in 2022! Lauren Jensen goes for 30 points in the Bluejays #21
defeat of WNIT champion South Dakota State #23, in South Dakota on Monday night.
Excellent observation Z. It's a fact...................crap happens, and sometimes you don't see it until it hits something. ;) Gamblers lost a lot of $$$ on THAT game. :confused:

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
in 2017 , after Stewie, Tuck and Moriah graduated, Not a single person including Geno did not pick UConn to get back to the final four, but here we are on the path for 15 straight final four's.. I am a believer!!! This Team even without Paige and Ice is a special team... they have the potential to be among the leaders in scoring and the defense will only get better.. Let the fun begin....

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Why? to achieve the only acceptable goal for UConn you will still have to play one of them at some point... My Money is on UConn this season and every season, but especially this season... #12 is within our reach.. Mark my words...
Home court advantage. It's a lot different facing SC in the state of South Carolina with 18k fans all cheering for SC than it is facing them on a neutral court in the Final Four. Aliyah Boston has lost 1 game in her career at home, and it was with only 3.5k fans in the house due to covid restrictions.

I know some UCONN fans have a "win it all or bust" mentality, but getting to a Final Four is a huge accomplishment in and of itself. Namely, it keeps UCONN's F4 streak alive and it quiets a lot of doubters who think UCONN's F4 streak comes to an end this year with Paige out. For reference, looking at last year, I think majority of UCONN fans were very proud of the run the team made despite not winning it all.

Reaction Score
Everyone, breathe.

A famous, un-named Coach has said: It doesn't matter where you are ranked in November that matters. (However, it may give Uconn a shot in the arm(?) to make the prognosticators WRONG.)
The Bracketology by Creme is ridiculous. Having said that, the Texas game now has become huge for us. We need to beat them to give us some credibility in the WBB world, as poll after poll keeps disrespecting us. By beating Texas, followed by NCST, we will be back in the conversation until someone knocks us off. If we lose this game, it will be a hard road back to getting the respect that we deserve.
It is only reasonable (not correct however) to see Paige, ICE, are not here. Americ coming into the game late is an indicator not just seen by Uconn Fans. So, a reasonable person, usually wrong, would think: They won't be as good as predicted with all healthy and functional. November and part of December is testing ground and adjustment time for GENO. This is when he finds out who will and who won't play up to UConn Standards and beyond. AYanna showed she has Uconn kind of Determination, Azzi---what can I say? LOU, she's a real deal, Caroline out---changes the predictions, Edwards and Dorka are better than ever, Nika is a proven leader.
So, let the predictors predict and we'll be waiting in April for the Apologies --that never come.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I get dropping the Huskies because they lost Paige, but Ice? She’s just a freshman that hasn’t played a college game. Not sure why that would affect UConn’s seeding but whatever

Reaction Score
Home court advantage. It's a lot different facing SC in the state of South Carolina with 18k fans all cheering for SC than it is facing them on a neutral court in the Final Four. Aliyah Boston has lost 1 game in her career at home, and it was with only 3.5k fans in the house due to covid restrictions.

I know some UCONN fans have a "win it all or bust" mentality, but getting to a Final Four is a huge accomplishment in and of itself. Namely, it keeps UCONN's F4 streak alive and it quiets a lot of doubters who think UCONN's F4 streak comes to an end this year with Paige out. For reference, looking at last year, I think majority of UCONN fans were very proud of the run the team made despite not winning it all.
AMEN, Brother, Amen. (Last Paragraph) . UConn Wbb is MY team. Geno, just runs it for me. I don't live for STREAKS, they always end. Win, lose or draw- UCONN-They have been UP and rarely down and most often they surprises US. Thanks, your comment it is warming on a cold day.

Reaction Score
I get dropping the Huskies because they lost Paige, but Ice? She’s just a freshman that hasn’t played a college game. Not sure why that would affect UConn’s seeding but whatever
ICE alone would not be the tipping point. Caroline sidelined (viewing begs the question what will she be like this season, healthy?, not me-== prognosticators.
The others are still to be tested. So, it is not unreasonable (except to UC fans) for it to drop UC in the polls. Polls mean nothing in November.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
As we go through each higher seeded opponent this year, Starting with Good Ole Tennessee: :)

another-one.jpg

sun

Reaction Score
SI noted the injuries to both Brady & Paige together which is a cumulative loss of 2 players.
Their absence reduces the team's depth to only 10 players when other contenders have as many as 15 or more that can absorb injuries to key players which plagued UConn last year.
In USA basketball, Ice tied a single game US rebounding record. She had a "Game-high 15 rebounds (14 DR) in 82-77 gold medal win vs. CAN (6/19/22) tied U.S. record for most rebounds in WU18 play..." which shows that she played a key role in winning a gold medal.
She also partially represented Geno's attempt to improve a UConn team that was convincingly beaten in the NC game.
And she was rated as a 5 star post player, ranked #2 by position according to ESPN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With that quadrant id be happy. None of those 3 teams can beat us in storrs !

Reaction Score
My bracketology sees South Carolina losing on March 27, 2023 in the Elite 8 in Greenville, SC.

Why? Because Div I women's basketball is in a period of Parity, A lot of good teams capable of beating any team and a lot of good coaches. It is next to impossible for a team to win back to back championships. Other than UConn winning back to back (or 4 in a row) the only other teams to win two or more consecutive are Tennessee with three (96, 97, & 98) pre parity and two in a row (07 & 08) about the start of parity; and Southern Cal two in a row (83 & 84) way prior to parity. Tara won in 90 & 92 and then it took 29 years for another one.

Reaction Score
Here are my thoughts on this topic:
1) Today is November 8th, so no need to start (excessively) worrying about UCONN’s rank/placement in the NCAAs. I firmly believe that UCONN will work hard, and prove to everyone that their place/position is amongst the echelon group of WCBB by next March — even without their super star and Ice Brady.
2) I’ll read the mock drafters’ opinions, but I won’t start hyperventilating about “early reveals”
3) I truly cannot be upset or disappointed if SCar plays in front of their 18K fans during the NCAAs. Why, bc UCONN has been in this situation many times before. At this moment, Dawn Staley’s team sits on top of the mountain, and if the new format says they play close to home, then that’s what should happen bc they’ve earned it. At least until some other team pushes them off the mountain top.
4) Best wishes to everyone. I know my team is talented, and I’m rooting for them to do great. No more injuries! Go UCONN!

Reaction Score
Yup. Looks like OSU is running away with this one, largely because of turnovers.

Reaction Score
And how odd that the Vegas betting line for this game had OSU winning by 2.5 points. Maybe the bookies are better judges than the sports writers.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Just over: #5 Tennessee loses to #14 Ohio State.

Reaction Score
On the other side of the bracket, IU looked pretty good in their exhibition game. Scalia and Garzon shot well from 3. This is an aspect that was lacking in their game last year. It’s not lacking anymore.

Reaction Score
...how about the Big East with 5 teams in.
That is only appropriate. The real joke is that the ACC and the SEC get 18 spots between them. Talk about the laziness of the experts. I get that a lot of money is invested in those two conferences. This is what gets exposed when ESPN publishes stuff like this in November.

Reaction Score
It is of ZERO consequence what Charlie is putting out there on Nov 8th... March Madness is a long time from now. These brackets will look completely different when it matters. Who can predict if another top team... i.e., SC, Stanford, Tenn, or your choice... don't have an injury plagued season like UCONN did last year???? I guess Charlie has to publish something at this time of the year to earn his paycheck.:confused:
The result of OSU vs Tenn proves my point on my post above. Charlie Creme's bracketology was busted in the first day. Tenn will fall.

Until we get through 75% of the season, bracketology predictions are not of a whole lot of value.

Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
And how odd that the Vegas betting line for this game had OSU winning by 2.5 points. Maybe the bookies are better judges than the sports writers.
Not the bookies, they could care less so long as the books are balanced. Credit the gamblers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom