Bracketology | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Unbelievable. He had them on the bubble before Moore's injury was announced. From a #1 seed to not making the field in a little over a month! Of course, I fully expect Texas to right the ship and make the tournament. I never thought they were a #1 seed even with a healthy Harmon but this just shows the silliness of doing regular brackets this early in the season.
Charlie has a check to earn...:):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
LSU at #2 seed is laughable, if I was Missouri #8, Princeton #9, Baylor #5, S. Dakota St #12, Iowa #4, Maryland #6, NC State #3 and Duke #7...I would be pi$$ed!. Just in this bracket...not to mention the other three brackets.

1671028335841.png

Charlie's Bracketology link below.

Reaction Score
LSU is #237 in strength of schedule. And there is only one top 20 team on their remaining games. But Charlie moves them to the #2 line. Meanwhile, UCONN has the #1 strength of schedule & they get dropped to a #3 seed for losing to two top 20 tems on the road while beating NC Stata & Iowa.
UCONN was NC State's only loss, but they are a #3 seed behind LSU. Looks like good old Charlie mailed in this bracketology.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I don't take it too seriously, although I love mapping the movements - ups, downs, regions. It gets interesting towards the end of the season when things settle, and then what happens on selection sunday, and thru the 6 rounds of NCAA tourney. For instance, here's the final 16, along with how many games they won.
1671034231872.png

Reaction Score
LSU is #237 in strength of schedule. And there is only one top 20 team on their remaining games. But Charlie moves them to the #2 line. Meanwhile, UCONN has the #1 strength of schedule & they get dropped to a #3 seed for losing to two top 20 tems on the road while beating NC Stata & Iowa.
UCONN was NC State's only loss, but they are a #3 seed behind LSU. Looks like good old Charlie mailed in this bracketology.
FYI, I got my data from WarrenNolan.com as of this morning (12-14-2022). Not sure why the differences between WarrenNolan (SOS) and Massey.

Reaction Score
FYI, I got my data from WarrenNolan.com as of this morning (12-14-2022). Not sure why the differences between WarrenNolan (SOS) and Massey.
Oh, I'm sure they use different weighted formulas. Massey's rankings are usually different than the others.
You did a great job with your graph. And WarrenNolan.com is a very reliable source.

Reaction Score
As I understand it, if UConn gets a 2 or 3 seed in Greenville and wins their two games there they will go to the final 4...
without meeting SC. There will be 2 final four entries from both Greenville and Seattle. Assuming for the moment that there will be no seeding upsets....and that SC heads to Greenville as the one seed the match-ups there would be:

1-8, 2-7, 3-6 and 4-5.

Winners of those games would go to the final 8.
1-4 and 2-3.

Winner of those 2 games go to the final 4.

I'm all for avoiding SC as long as possible but if we somehow wind up facing them in a
final 8 game [say if we are a 4 or 5 seed] I say why not beat them with our very talented team...maybe Azzi going for 35 and Lou hitting the game winner at the buzzer...and send them home early? That IS my story and I'm sticking to it!
Agree. To contend with SC, we need to match them for muscle and show up with whoever is suited ready to play and fully healthy. We’ve got some muscle now with Ayanna and Dorka and maybe Amari too now that she got smacked in the face and got angry. Azzi and Lou and Caroline and Aubrey and Aaliyah and Dorka and Nika provide scoring, speed and defense. We have a decent chance against anyone.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
As long as the NCAA keeps on rewarding teams that play cupcake non-conference games, coaches will continue to schedule such games. The NCAA needs to punish teams for easy scheduling like LSU has done. To not play a team in the top 50 is outrageous, more emphasis needs to put on stuff like this.

I think that for every team that plays a schedule like LSU has done this year should be automatic disqualification from being a top 4 seeded team, another words that the team is not allowed to host a tournament game at home. This will force teams to play some competitive teams in non-conference games.

Another way of evening the playing field is limit the number of teams a conference can have at the dance, maybe 6 per conference with the AQ, then the five highest rated teams with SOS as a major portion of the equation. Teams with losing records in conference play can't get an invite, unless they win their conference tournament. This would give other conference's some more slots into the dance, look at what Fairfield and Princeton did and what a few of the NIT teams could have done in the tournament

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom