Bracketology March 5th | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bracketology March 5th

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'll say this: the one seeds not named Stanford better pray Creme is wrong that Oregon State is a 8/9 seed. I'd be less than thrilled to face them in the second round given how they've played their way into the postseason, and Rueck has a history of coaching his Davids to take down Goliath in March.
Agreed, by far the most dangerous potential 8/9 seed among the teams I'm seeing anywhere in that vicinity. Many had OSU in their top 15 in the preseason rankings, and they finally started playing like it in the past few weeks.

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme says Stanford now the #1 seed overall, with UCONN, Texas A&M and South Carolina the other #1s.

This man needs to pay attention to what he's doing. The other day, he had South Dakota State listed twice and Oregon completely missing from the bracket. In his March 8th version, he has Louisville listed as the automatic qualifier from the ACC...and Texas A&M as the automatic qualifier from the SEC.

If you're going to put this kind of stuff out there, attention to detail is important or people won't take you seriously.

Bracketology -- March 8th Edition
I don't believe the committee will have two SEC teams as #1 Seeds. I believe NC State will replace TxA&M as a one seed.

My projected two seeds
Baylor, Maryland, A&M, & Louisville. UCLA could possibly muster enough to replace Louisville.

Reaction Score
MS State is currently the last team in. Ideally they get knocked out of that spot and then decline an invitation to the WNIT. They need to get on with the process of seeing who wants to come back, who they want to come back, and who is going to be available in the transfer portal to fill in the roster.

Reaction Score
MS State is currently the last team in. Ideally they get knocked out of that spot and then decline an invitation to the WNIT. They need to get on with the process of seeing who wants to come back, who they want to come back, and who is going to be available in the transfer portal to fill in the roster.
I hope we get in the dance, however I must admit if I were on the selection committee MSST would not be my choice. I think there are a number of teams that deserve a bid more than us. I dread the coming transfers and I do not see anyone impactful player choosing transfer to MSST. I think MSST needs a more involved coach than NMP but do not think MSST is willing pay the money to attract a proven coach so just hope we can at least get a coach who motivates the players.

Reaction Score
I hope we get in the dance, however I must admit if I were on the selection committee MSST would not be my choice. I think there are a number of teams that deserve a bid more than us. I dread the coming transfers and I do not see anyone impactful player choosing transfer to MSST. I think MSST needs a more involved coach than NMP but do not think MSST is willing pay the money to attract a proven coach so just hope we can at least get a coach who motivates the players.
Would be a pretty disastrous year to go from top 10 to not making the tournament.

Feel for y'all, I really do. Miss St was I team I really enjoyed watching over the years. The underdog type team/program that outworked people was fun to follow. It appears that has evaporated in a offseason unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Glad to see that this was the end result. Now it would be good if those who plan to transfer would declare their intentions over the next few days so the number of available slots will be known and the rebuilding process can begin.

Reaction Score
Glad to see that this was the end result. Now it would be good if those who plan to transfer would declare their intentions over the next few days so the number of available slots will be known and the rebuilding process can begin.
Hard for me to believe a MSST fan is glad we did not get an invite to the dance and thinks it is good for transfers to occur. MSUrealist is an unusual fan, I hope he is one of a kind.

Reaction Score
Jmsdawg, it seems clear that there are players who quit on the team in recent weeks if not before. In the last regular season game we had Jackson and Mingo-Young benched for reasons unknown until the middle of the third quarter. In the SEC Tournament game Matharu picked up a technical and was benched for the rest of the game, Mingo-Young also picked up a technical, Jackson only managed to get 1 rebound in 38 minutes of play--this isn't a team that needed another week of practice followed by players giving a half-hearted effort in a first round loss. I suspect that Rickea AND the coaches feel like it is time for her to move on and then we'll see who else decides to go. No use putting off the inevitable and might as well get the rebuilding started as soon as possible.

Reaction Score
Jmsdawg, it seems clear that there are players who quit on the team in recent weeks if not before. In the last regular season game we had Jackson and Mingo-Young benched for reasons unknown until the middle of the third quarter. In the SEC Tournament game Matharu picked up a technical and was benched for the rest of the game, Mingo-Young also picked up a technical, Jackson only managed to get 1 rebound in 38 minutes of play--this isn't a team that needed another week of practice followed by players giving a half-hearted effort in a first round loss. I suspect that Rickea AND the coaches feel like it is time for her to move on and then we'll see who else decides to go. No use putting off the Ed inevitable and might as well get the rebuilding started as soon as possible.
You think the players quit on the team, I think the coach quit on the players. NMP is just not the coach we need, go watch the Ole Miss Tenn SEC tournament game, both those coaches were involved but the Ole Miss coach provided the emotion the players needed to give it all they had. NMP never provided that type motivation during any game that I saw.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe a MSST fan is glad we did not get an invite to the dance and thinks it is good for transfers to occur. MSUrealist is an unusual fan, I hope he is one of a kind.

I've noticed the new thing for discontent fans to insist the whole team is going to transfer without a whole lot of reason as to why.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I've noticed the new thing for discontent fans to insist the whole team is going to transfer without a whole lot of reason as to why.
I think there's a "blow it up" mentality that sets in among some, perversely hoping for a crisis that might elicit quicker AD action than a slow-burning decline.

Reaction Score
In this case it feels like most of the MSU team will transfer out. When I watched the games, the body language, and some of the player interviews, my impression was that Taylor, Matharu and Hayes were buying into the new coaching staff. I always felt like Jackson, Carter and Cooks were not buying in and it will be a surprise if any of them stay. If I'm surprised, I hope it is by Carter. Wiggins never played enough to leave an impression on me and I never could figure out Mingo-Young, but as we see she is leaving. There seem to be fairly strong indications that many of these problems are rooted in the 2019-20 season and they have simply gotten worse this season, but maybe the fans will never get the full story. While many MSU fans are going to panic over all the transfers to come, I actually look forward to a team full of players willing to get on the same page even if it means going through a rebuilding year in 2021-22.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom