Bracketology March 5th | The Boneyard

Bracketology March 5th

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Charlie's latest Bracket. Women's Bracketology: Brackets in all shapes and sizes

I like UConn's bracket, compared to the other regions.

Charlie now has Notre Dame out of the tournament. :) I thought Niele Ivey was a great hire as their new coach. Now I'm not so sure. We'll have to see how Niele does next year and ND's future recruiting.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I looked several times at this bracket and could not find Ohio State, despite their Top 25 ranking. I found other Big 10 teams ranked near them such as Northwestern and Iowa. I assume this wasn't a flub -- there must be some reason why Ohio State is not included. Are they being disciplined by the NCAA for recruiting violations, or is something else going on?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Self Imposed Discipline by Ohio St. They notified NCAA they would not participate in this years tournament.

I looked several times at this bracket and could not find Ohio State, despite their Top 25 ranking. I found other Big 10 teams ranked near them such as Northwestern and Iowa. I assume this wasn't a flub -- there must be some reason why Ohio State is not included. Are they being disciplined by the NCAA for recruiting violations, or is something else going on?

Reaction Score
Charlie now has Notre Dame out of the tournament. :) I thought Niele Ivey was a great hire as their new coach. Now I'm not so sure. We'll have to see how Niele does next year and ND's future recruiting.
Muffet left a mess for Ivey.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some of these things make no sense. How is Mississippi St. in? What have they done? Oregon still at a #5? Who have they beat? Losing like crazy down the stretch. The NET is an absolute bust, the formula is flawed and doesn't work. It seems losing to good teams is as good as a win, no matter how many "good losses" you have, and even if there aren't "good wins" to balance it out. Georgia Tech a #6? Again, who have they beat?

Reaction Score
Some of these things make no sense. How is Mississippi St. in? What have they done? Oregon still at a #5? Who have they beat? Losing like crazy down the stretch. The NET is an absolute bust, the formula is flawed and doesn't work. It seems losing to good teams is as good as a win, no matter how many "good losses" you have, and even if there aren't "good wins" to balance it out. Georgia Tech a #6? Again, who have they beat?
Ask not what have they done,
ask who has done more

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, Oregon is 1-8 against Stanford, Arizona, UCLA and Oregon St. The 1 win was against OSU back in December when they stunk. I don't see how avoiding bad losses while losing to every good team you play is a recipe for getting a #5 seed. That's insane to me. Despite some bad losses, OSU is more deserving of that seed than Oregon is. 2 wins over the Ducks and one against UCLA down the stretch. I think I saw somewhere Oregon is STILL #10 in the NET. Proof positive it's a bad formula they are using.

Reaction Score
I posted in the UCF vs USF thread but I don't know how UCF is the last one in at this point. I know their best win is USF but they also are 4-1 in quad 1. They have a quad 3 loss to Temple but seems like the should be above several of the other bubble teams.

USF's best win at this point is UCF and they are 1-3 against quad 1 but are a 7 seed? I think they deserve a better seed but not sure on the big disparity.

Reaction Score
Well, Oregon is 1-8 against Stanford, Arizona, UCLA and Oregon St. The 1 win was against OSU back in December when they stunk. I don't see how avoiding bad losses while losing to every good team you play is a recipe for getting a #5 seed. That's insane to me. Despite some bad losses, OSU is more deserving of that seed than Oregon is. 2 wins over the Ducks and one against UCLA down the stretch. I think I saw somewhere Oregon is STILL #10 in the NET. Proof positive it's a bad formula they are using.
Must be some sort of conspiracy theory that the Pac-12 refs were involved with.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Hmm...Creme says Mississippi State, Florida State and Wake Forest still in the field. Glad to see Wake included still; they are much better than their record would indicate.

Reaction Score
Looks as if Charlie agrees with you. He dropped Oregon altogether in his Mar 6 @9:50AM version. He’s got So Dakota State as #6 in both the Mercado and Hemisfair Regions...

Attachments

• 3F7A9F32-CB90-493D-B8A4-4F8486C07721.png
    3F7A9F32-CB90-493D-B8A4-4F8486C07721.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 0EFFD8C9-63CE-405C-BCC7-FCE5CFFB2AFE.png
    0EFFD8C9-63CE-405C-BCC7-FCE5CFFB2AFE.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 107

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Wow...Oregon may not win a championship this year but certainly, they are one of the best 40 teams or so. Dropping them from the field entirely seems harsh.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Pretty sure Creme mistakenly left Oregon out and meant to place them as a #6 seed in one of the two So Dakota State slots.
Good catch. As more evidence that omitting Oregon was a mistake, Oregon isn't even in Creme's first 8 out. Dropping them all the way to 9+ out would be really crazy.

Reaction Score
Hmm...Creme says Mississippi State, Florida State and Wake Forest still in the field. Glad to see Wake included still; they are much better than their record would indicate.
How is Wake much better than their record would indicate? I guess the answer would be how a person views the ACC as a whole.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
How is Wake much better than their record would indicate? I guess the answer would be how a person views the ACC as a whole.
Because unlike many others, who only monitor scores, I watch entire GAMES.

Reaction Score
Well SoDAk St ain’t a 6 anymore and someone’s bubble just popped — Jackrabbits LOST in quarterfinal of Summit tourney to 6-12 Omaha, 52-40.

Reaction Score
How is Mississippi State ahead of Ole Miss?
Eye test says OM but Miss St did beat them and OM has that bad loss to Florida. MSU also has a better high quality win in Georgia.

Reaction Score
If Louisville and UCLA lose and Ga wins, Dawgs could squeeze into last #2.

Reaction Score
GA solidifies a 3 seed with today’s performance, win or lose.

TAMU falls to 4th #1 unless they come back. For now
I think A&M falls to a number 2 seed with that loss if SCar beats UGA today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom