Bourbon Trail in Kentucky | The Boneyard

Bourbon Trail in Kentucky

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We’re going to take a long weekend in the Louisville-Lexington area and are looking for suggestions on the Bourbon Trail in that area. Ideas on other sights are welcome too.

I'm not much of a bourbon drinker but have to try a mint julep and, you never know, might find a brand I like.

Reaction Score
All of the big brands are somewhat the same in terms of experiences.... If you want some that are more personable and intersting go to the historical James Pepper Distillery in Lexington and one that features gins and bourbons in a beautiful historical setting: Castle & Key in Frankfort. In Louisville, you can hit a bunch downtown (there all kind "corporatey" except for Peerless) but then go over to Copper & Kings a short drive from downtown for a cooler one that isn't about bourbon.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Had good BBQ and drinks at Doc Crows… Troll Pub was unique. Louisville Slugger factory tour was interesting if you enjoy baseball at all. The waterfront is more depressing than Hartford’s.

Reaction Score
We’re going to take a long weekend in the Louisville-Lexington area and are looking for suggestions on the Bourbon Trail in that area. Ideas on other sights are welcome too.

I'm not much of a bourbon drinker but have to try a mint julep and, you never know, might find a brand I like.
Living in Florida and vacationing in Kentucky. You probably should start drinking that bourbon heavily.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

A Connecticut native and friend of mine from High School just opened a bourbon bar.

As for tours, most are pretty good. Four Roses is probably what I see recommended the most. Wild Turkey is old school and well liked. Heaven Hill is modern, brand new building. I'd consider Wilderness Trail as well. Newer distillery, smaller. Home - Wilderness Trail Distillery Castle & Key is in a castle of sorts.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Living in Florida and vacationing in Kentucky. You probably should start drinking that bourbon heavily.
We’re going in July or August. In Florida, it’s 95 degrees and 90% humidity at that time of year; the temp doesn’t get below 75 degrees. It’s our trade off for wearing shorts and tees in February.

Reaction Score
We’re going in July or August. In Florida, it’s 95 degrees and 90% humidity at that time of year; the temp doesn’t get below 75 degrees. It’s our trade off for wearing shorts and tees in February.
Our friends own this bourbon bar in Versailles outside Lexington. It's well known in the horse racing industry as a place to find the best bourbon in Kentucky.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Talked to my friends who go often (they pick barrels for the R/Bourbon Reddit forum). They said to make reservations. Buffalo Trace is likely sold out already. They agreed Wild Turkey, Four Roses, Heaven Hill and added Maker's Mark and Woodford as good options.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom