Bourbon & Rye | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Bourbon & Rye

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh this stuff is worse than the big name stuff in the $30-40 category. Regular 9 year Knob Creek, Four Roses Single Barrel or Small batch are better than this. Wild Turkey 101 is better than this. This is an alternative to yellow label 4 Roses or some others in that low $20 range. That's why I won't buy it again. I can afford to spend $35 even on cheap stuff.

Then it's a hard pass.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So a more legit bottle for consideration. This runs about $55. That used to be high for BiB Kentucky Bourbon but not really anymore. Colonel EH Taylor is better. This fits that woody Elijah Craig profile, and slots between regular EC and the single barrel Elijah Craig, which is better and $20-25 more. At $55 I like RR Single Barrel or Four Roses Small Batch Select better, but prices creeping up on those.

IMG_0419.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well crap, it works if you click Visit Insta
No idea where they will be selling this. I'm going to Lime Rock in May, so maybe I'll see it.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 072743.jpg

Reaction Score
I was up in the NW corner a few weeks back and stopped into Litchfield Distillery. Any time you walk in, it's a free tasting of up to six of their products. I came home with a bottle of Double Barrell Bourbon 5 year-old. It's their four year old Bourbon, cut to 90 proof and put back in the barrel for another year. At $65 it was pricey for that age, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I often overlook local offerings because the price point is usually higher than your mainstream goods, and you never know what you're going to get. The Warden took home a four pack of their premade cocktails, Manhattan, Old Fashioned, Cosmo and Espresso Martini. Kind of an insult to my bartending roots, but I let it go. I was also pretty impressed with their Gin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom