Bouknight Sent Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Surprise Surprise
Better than being nailed to the bench
Not the first UConn 1st rounder to be sent to the minors - Thabeet lasted about as long

Reaction Score
Disappointing, but at least he will actually get to play now. As a very very biased Bouknight fan that has zero vested interest in the Hornets I am annoyed at the entire situation, but whatever. I agree that this is a way better situation for James as opposed to him getting 0 minutes in the NBA.

I wish the Hornets were using James like the Grizzlies are using Ziaire Williams. Letting him actually get minutes and develop/make mistakes to try to figure it out, but obviously the Hornets are in a different position than the Grizzlies are as a team and they think they can contend.

Also, Donyell Marshall is an assistant coach of the Swarm, so that’s a cool connection.

Reaction Score
I don't know if he's going to learn defense down there. There has to be some utility to NBA practices, no? It's not all Allen Iverson, is it? But maybe it is.

During NBA games in the 1980s when I was in the stands, I marveled at how many times players just stayed at one end of the court. Boggled my mind. The 80s NBA needed an offsides rule.

Reaction Score
88EDFA67-FE53-4656-87BB-33F389FEFB0C.jpeg
The NBA has also evolved as it relates to utilizing the GLeague. While not ideal, it’s not like it was 10 years ago where ppl who got sent there were out to pasture. It really is used as a development tool now a days much better than it was in past.

Reaction Score
Let's take a poll:

Who thinks that Rozier, Hayward, Oubre, Ish Smith, Cody Martin, all are on the team by end of season?
They sent Kai Jones down too, and look at the D league development as of now, it's been really successful...Mitch Kupchak knows what he's doing

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Surprise Surprise
Better than being nailed to the bench
Not the first UConn 1st rounder to be sent to the minors - Thabeet lasted about as long

Thabeet had a distinguished college career, he was a game changer on defense, couldn't replicate that at the next level

Bouk was drafted purely on "potential". Being a lottery pick he had to leave and take that kinda money. But he only had a handful of great games. He was literally the least accomplished lottery pick we've ever had. I'll admit the pandemic and injuries had something to do with that. But it is what it is

I wish him well, I want him to succeed, he's still a baby

Reaction Score
When did he ever display ego issues?
Chief doesn’t have a comment on the above.

In the last two weeks his former coach publicly told him “don’t be a baby” and mentioned this year’s team is much, much closer than last year’s team.
Chief is hoping James jettisons his inexperience advisors (they have done enough of damage) and starts to listen again to true basketball people who have his best interest at heart.
As someone who has an eye for talent and talks regularly to some who do it for a living, James can have a very good career. He just needs to make some necessary changes.

Reaction Score
When did he ever display ego issues?
Meant it more like what a humbling experience this must be for him. To go from a lottery pick with high expectations to the G League within the 1st month must be a kick in the gut. I wish him well and hope he elevates his all around game to make him a key figure in the Hornets long term plans.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No he's saying Drummond was less accomplished at UConn than Bouknight was

That's even a debatable call. You could probably make a case either way and Id agree with either. ;-)

Reaction Score
Well, Bouknight and Kai Jones have been recalled from Greensboro back to the NBA. That was short lived. Not entirely sure what the point of that was.

My best guess is they are just going to sit on the bench at tonight’s NBA game and be sent back to Greensboro tomorrow to play in the g league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom