Bouknight Sent Down! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Sent Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Idk why some people believe UConn/College better prepares/develops you for the NBA than an actual NBA franchise. Especially after that franchise invested a lottery pick in that player. Practice against Cole and Gaffney is better than Lamelo and Rozier? If he doesn't make it as an NBA player, it won't be the Hornets fault, or his decision to not spend 1 more year playing CCSU or Villanova, it'll just be a lack of ability.

Reaction Score
FB01D132-1BAB-4550-96E8-C4FD994A92C0.jpg

Cryptic message from Bouk today, if my Gen Z emoji reading skills are on point, I would say he’s indicating the wait is almost over or is over for showtime. So, maybe he finally cracks the rotation tomorrow against Washington!

For the record, I’m almost 40 yrs old, so if there’s any younger board members on here that can correctly interpret this, please chime in!

Reaction Score
I wish James the best. Quite frankly, if he’s still thinking they are looking for showtime vs defense and team play - I am not sure the message has sunk in. Granted it excites our wonderful casual fans but Mitch and MJ?

Reaction Score
I wish James the best. Quite frankly, if he’s still thinking they are looking for showtime vs defense and team play - I am not sure the message has sunk in. Granted it excites our wonderful casual fans but Mitch and MJ?
I’m not saying he said that, I was trying to decipher the cryptic emoji message. But it seems to indicate he will be playing soon, so maybe the message did sink in, and he’s shown what the coaching staff has wanted to see in practice, so now Borrego told him he’s playing. I have no idea Chief, but as a huge fan, of course I would be excited for him to play, who here wouldn’t?

Reaction Score
That's even a debatable call. You could probably make a case either way and Id agree with either. ;-)
But athletic bigs are worth an extra foot in height. So he was like 9’ tall. Also the number one player in his original class after dominating most other bigs on the aau and travel circuits. What did he avg? Like 12 and 7? Not bad for a clogged front court in the bruising big East. Dre was better.

Reaction Score
But athletic bigs are worth an extra foot in height. So he was like 9’ tall. Also the number one player in his original class after dominating most other bigs on the aau and travel circuits. What did he avg? Like 12 and 7? Not bad for a clogged front court in the bruising big East. Dre was better.
Lol, there's no argument Drummond was as accomplished at UConn as Bouknight. Bouknight was first team all Big East and would've been Big East player of the year had he been healthy all year. Drummond didn't make first team, second team or third team. Bouknight averaged 19 and 6, Drummond averaged 10 and 8. They both made the tournament and lost first round.

Reaction Score
Lol, there's no argument Drummond was as accomplished at UConn as Bouknight. Bouknight was first team all Big East and would've been Big East player of the year had he been healthy all year. Drummond didn't make first team, second team or third team. Bouknight averaged 19 and 6, Drummond averaged 10 and 8. They both made the tournament and lost first round.
Clever comparing Drummond’s freshman year with Bouknight’s Sophomore year. Never mind Dre was without his head coach for a large portion of his season.

Reaction Score
Almost have to feel bad for him. This season compared to last season is going to be like night and day. The players. The crowds. He really should have experienced UCONN Basketball in all its glory.

Reaction Score
He really wasn't ready. As @Chief00 said, he was not guided properly or something like that.
I was one of the guys who thought he needed more time, especially physically. Most believed you have to go when the NBA comes calling. It's a shame because I am sure guys like Ray, Rip, Caron look back at their post-seasons with UCONN with very fond memories, and Bouk really doesn't have that.

Reaction Score
I was one of the guys who thought he needed more time, especially physically. Most believed you have to go when the NBA comes calling. It's a shame because I am sure guys like Ray, Rip, Caron look back at their post-seasons with UCONN with very fond memories, and Bouk really doesn't have that.
This is not fair to put on bouks shoulders. Covid was out of his control, and he had a life decision to make. No matter which he chose, it was the right choice for him. You can’t tell a non basketball kid who had to go to class virtually from home all semester and missed out on a year of the “college experience” to go back and redo that year in school, it’s not rational. Same with my daughter having to learn virtually for kindergarten, sure she lost out on some important social development time in her life, but we had to move on and put her in first grade the following year.

The point is, you can’t let covid derail your life, everyone made the best of it, and you move on with your life with whatever the best path available is. For bouk, that was taking the guaranteed money from being a lottery pick. No one can fault him for that. He will develop just fine physically in the NBA, and arguably quicker than he would have in college. I’m sure he wishes he had a normal postseason he could have played in, but nothing he could do different.

Reaction Score
Can some of y’all give it up? He already made the decision to go pro and there’s no going back now. People come on here every single day and said he should have done this or he should have done that. LET IT GO. Wish him the best and move on. He made the best choice for him and his family and that’s it.

We’re gonna have to hear this all over again when the next guy on our team leaves to go pro in a couple years. I understand some people are just having a discussion and that’s fine but there’s some people on here that don’t even sound like they are real fans.

Reaction Score
I do get that when the NBA comes calling and your projected at a certain area of the draft, take the money and run cause you never know what will happen injury wise the next year. However I believe his handlers had a lot to do to influence him IMO, I really and honestly believe he wanted to play another year. Barring any injury he would have been a top 5 pick in this year's draft. Not to mention that with him on this years team we could of been a final 4 team in the big dance. That may still happen as we are still growing as team.

Good point @rollskies. Just saw your post as I was doing mine. Always wish the best for our players when they move on and Bouk is no different.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I do get that when the NBA comes calling and your projected at a certain area of the draft, take the money and run cause you never know what will happen injury wise the next year. However I believe his handlers had a lot to do to influence him IMO, I really and honestly believe he wanted to play another year. Barring any injury he would have been a top 5 pick in this year's draft. Not to mention that with him on this years team we could of been a final 4 team in the big dance. That may still happen as we are still growing as team.

You have exactly 0 evidence for this claim. Stop making things up. It makes you look like an idiot.

You're also just wrong. Juniors don't go top 5 any more. Basically ever. His age was already a net negative.

And saying the kid has "handlers" is pretty questionable dude. He's not an animal, he's a 21 year old man. You're probably not trying to be racist, but dial that back.

Those "handlers" are his family and friends he asks to help him make decisions. In my world having people that care about you is a good thing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is not fair to put on bouks shoulders. Covid was out of his control, and he had a life decision to make. No matter which he chose, it was the right choice for him. You can’t tell a non basketball kid who had to go to class virtually from home all semester and missed out on a year of the “college experience” to go back and redo that year in school, it’s not rational. Same with my daughter having to learn virtually for kindergarten, sure she lost out on some important social development time in her life, but we had to move on and put her in first grade the following year.

The point is, you can’t let covid derail your life, everyone made the best of it, and you move on with your life with whatever the best path available is. For bouk, that was taking the guaranteed money from being a lottery pick. No one can fault him for that. He will develop just fine physically in the NBA, and arguably quicker than he would have in college. I’m sure he wishes he had a normal postseason he could have played in, but nothing he could do different.
I agree with a lot of this but you can also say, "Screw covid! I'm cutting down the nets at MSG and then some!" You can't let covid derail your life but you can also not let covid rob you of other goals. It was a choice they all make, and my original point was, it's a shame he didn't experience the real UCONN. Many college graduates attended graduation ceremonies held a year later, so that was a compromise.

Reaction Score
I'm very confident Bouk is getting better training in the NBA and G League than he would be getting if he stayed in school. Part of that training includes being humbled. Some may disagree with me, but I think Bouk needed a bit of that. Getting approximately zero nba minutes and playing in the G League may be exactly what Bouk needs at this point in life.

Also... he's a millionaire. So the decision to leave was totally reasonable

Reaction Score
You have exactly 0 evidence for this claim. Stop making things up. It makes you look like an idiot.

You're also just wrong. Juniors don't go top 5 any more. Basically ever. His ahe was already a net negative.

And saying the kid has "handlers" is pretty questionable dude. He's not an animal, he's a 21 year old man. You're probably not trying to be racist, but dial that back.

Those "handlers" are his family and friends he asks to help him make decisions. In my world having people that care about you is a good thing.
Seriously @husky429! I did say in my post IMO and as you know in this buisness what "handlers are".

You are one of the better posters in here but don't twist my post and disrespect anyone here like that. Terrible dude!

Reaction Score
Seriously @husky429! I did say in my post IMO and as you know in this buisness what "handlers are".

You are one of the better posters in here but don't twist my post and disrespect anyone here like that. Terrible dude!

Nah man. If you say some disrespectful ish about players that put it all on the line for this team you're gonna take flack on here. Particularly when you're laughably far from the truth. Stop embarassing yourself.

Reaction Score
Nah man. If you say some disrespectful ish about players that put it all on the line for this team you're gonna take flack on here. Particularly when you're laughably far from the truth. Stop embarassing yourself.
Enjoy the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline