Bouk Trippin' | The Boneyard

Bouk Trippin'

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm seeing things, but as I re-watched his last two games, it seemed to me that Bouk was unsteady on his feet - slipping and sliding, losing his balance, etc. Anyone else notice this?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The injury must have traumatized you. He’s been on the ground for the past 2 years. I do think he is favoring his right more often now though.

Reaction Score
He is such a dominant scorer he could literally put up 20 in his sleep. I didn’t notice him slipping a lot but I saw him turning the ball over and dribbling into traffic several times. I think a lot of it may have been getting readjusted to the speed of the game after being out for over a month. Seems like he looked better vs. Marquette and wasn’t getting as winded as in the previous 2 games either.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm seeing things, but as I re-watched his last two games, it seemed to me that Bouk was unsteady on his feet - slipping and sliding, losing his balance, etc. Anyone else notice this?
Yes. He’s not in game shape. I keep saying he is not playing well and still putting up 20. He is just so good he still can rise above it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It’s scary to me that bouk has had 20+ and 10 the past couple games and I think he can play EVEN better
This. I’m not sure what’s up with him but he’s not 100%, but whatever percent he is he is still terrific. Hopefully it’s a minor rust or game shape issue and it all comes together. We will need him to be pretty good against Seton hall

Reaction Score
This. I’m not sure what’s up with him but he’s not 100%, but whatever percent he is he is still terrific. Hopefully it’s a minor rust or game shape issue and it all comes together. We will need him to be pretty good against Seton hall
Yea it seems to me that he doesn’t fully have his legs under him yet but that will come

Reaction Score
It’s just some rust. He’s making quick moves off hesitations and sometimes slipping and sometimes going while forgetting to take the ball with him. It’s getting better.

Reaction Score
James looked good to me. All he needs to do is hit his 3s to make him the best player in CBB

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
He’s always had a sort of controlled chaos to his game.

Reaction Score
He is such a dominant scorer he could literally put up 20 in his sleep. I didn’t notice him slipping a lot but I saw him turning the ball over and dribbling into traffic several times. I think a lot of it may have been getting readjusted to the speed of the game after being out for over a month. Seems like he looked better vs. Marquette and wasn’t getting as winded as in the previous 2 games either.
Agreed, first two games back he started off great but then seemed winded and was losing his balance when he would create off the dribble. He was facing some double teams and it looked like a combo of trying to do too much, being winded, and adjusting. Game looked easy to him again yesterday.

With Cole playing like this it makes Bouknight's job a lot easier, they can be a deadly backcourt these next run of games.

Reaction Score
I think the improvement is a combo of Bouk getting his endurance back and also Hurley learning how to manage his minutes better. He's done a good job and using the media timeouts to get him extra rest with limited game time.

Don't think it'll work like yesterday against better teams, but he took Bouknight (and Cole) out around 13 minutes before the U12 and they were able to stay out until 6 minutes left while we also extended the lead. Stretches like that are going to be crucial when we run an 8 man rotation with limited scorers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom