Boston Globe alum Mark Blaudschun Podcast thoughts on everything UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boston Globe alum Mark Blaudschun Podcast thoughts on everything UConn

Reaction Score
At the end of the day BC is Boston and Boston is the capital of New England. It's the largest TV market in the ACC. They have a horrible president in terms of athletics, but a stellar reputation academically. That carries a lot of weight with the ACC presidents.

These two points make BC a worthwhile investment for the ACC. With their network set to roll out in two years, I'm sure the ACC is already making mandates to BC in terms of facilities. I know that they are building an indoor football field this summer. Leahy will soon retire and their AD is out at the end of the academic year.

On what planet does the ACC care about academics?

............and BC does nothing more than the already do for the New England market even with a pending conference network.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think Blauds should stop trolling message boards trying to generate clicks by recycling a decade old argument that not only has been debunked a hundred times here but has also not been supported by succeeding events.

If Blauds wants a story then he should try to uncover the unholy relationship between university and conference insiders with their content providers. Is one side taking advantage of the other, is there uniform agreement on the basic perception of the landscape, is there collusion amongst certain parties against other members?

I think the most engaged fan base on issues of CR already knows the answer but wouldn't mind a well researched and sourced accounting of either past, current or future events.

What we don't want is a retelling of things we know to be false or served as a flimsy backstory to past decisions we can't do anything about.

Reaction Score

..and BC does nothing more than the already do for the New England market even with a pending conference network.
I mean if it were a quick fix, I think the ACC would swap UConn for BC's "stellar academic reputation" in a heartbeat, but that's not an option.

This guy is also very clearly a troll so don't give him the time of day.

Reaction Score
Thanks for listening to the Blauds podcast. With the AD out at BC, it will be interesting times. I think it's good UConn and BC are playing in football. Hopefully basketball can do it again too!

Reaction Score
Not a troll, I just state the facts as I see them. I'm not going to sit around and get my hopes up for an invite that is never coming.

Duke, UVA, Wake, BC, GT, ND all care about academics. In addition Boston is the largest TV market in the ACC meaning the ACC is not giving up on BC.

I think it is complete nonsense that BC dictates anything to the ACC. FSU & Clemson carry the most weight and VT & Miami back them up. BC was the only school to vote against increasing the player stipends in the entire P5. BC simply carries no weight in the ACC or nationally. They are only in a P5 conference because of their location.

For UConn the choices are simple, wait around for an invite that is never coming or be a leader and build a national alliance of the best G5 programs in the country assuring the champion of a playoff spot. BYU and Boise St should already be involved in the discussion.

Reaction Score
Not a troll, I just state the facts as I see them. I'm not going to sit around and get my hopes up for an invite that is never coming.

Duke, UVA, Wake, BC, GT, ND all care about academics. In addition Boston is the largest TV market in the ACC meaning the ACC is not giving up on BC.

I think it is complete nonsense that BC dictates anything to the ACC. FSU & Clemson carry the most weight and VT & Miami back them up. BC was the only school to vote against increasing the player stipends in the entire P5. BC simply carries no weight in the ACC or nationally. They are only in a P5 conference because of their location.

For UConn the choices are simple, wait around for an invite that is never coming or be a leader and build a national alliance of the best G5 programs in the country assuring the champion of a playoff spot. BYU and Boise St should already be involved in the discussion.

NYU is in Manhattan yet they are still waiting to be plucked. Go figure.

The ACC realizes at this point precisely how much of the Boston market BC commands. while the market size might be impressive, when combined with mindshare there is not much to monetize.

Reaction Score
You forgot Louisville. They care about academics to............just not as much.

Oh, and Yawkee........BC has nothing to do with the Boston market. Nothing at all.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day BC is Boston and Boston is the capital of New England. It's the largest TV market in the ACC. They have a horrible president in terms of athletics, but a stellar reputation academically. That carries a lot of weight with the ACC presidents.

These two points make BC a worthwhile investment for the ACC. With their network set to roll out in two years, I'm sure the ACC is already making mandates to BC in terms of facilities. I know that they are building an indoor football field this summer. Leahy will soon retire and their AD is out at the end of the academic year.

Our problem is that we are located too close to BC and our football program is worse. I don't think BC carries any decision making weight on keeping UConn out. SU and Pitt received strong objections from FSU and Clemson due to their poor football programs and a lack of interest from FSU & Clemson fans in watching those games. They want WVU or the pipe dream of Texas in addition to ND, not another Northeast team unless it is Penn St.

Our focus should be on winning the AAC and making it a viable conference. We have to assume that their will be 4 power conferences with 16 teams each and that we will not be part of it, but that does not mean we will be shut out of an expanded playoff spot for our conference champion. We're not alone, WAC, Mt West, C-USA, BYU are all in the same boat with us. There are deals and strategic alliances to be made to guarantee a playoff spot or two.

Stop with the "Academic Reputation carries a lot of weight with the ACC Presidents", B.S. The ACC invited Louisville. That's the equivalent of inviting a community college or junior college to the ACC. Also, don't forget about UNC's academic fraud scandal. Obviously, academics isn't that important to the ACC Presidents, but we know $$$$ is!!!!

Reaction Score

..and BC does nothing more than the already do for the New England market even with a pending conference network.
How can you say that the ACC doesn't care about academics? UNC cares so much that they cheated for 15 years with phony classes, plagiarized papers and committed other academic sins, and not just for football, but also for men' and women' basketball. They did it so well that they haven't been penalized! How's that for commitment to academics?

Reaction Score
Louisville cares about academics. You think it's easy to calculate how much it costs for 2-3 whores per night?

Reaction Score
The ACC claimed to care about academics and at one time I think they actually did but that was before Swofford. in the end it was all nonsense. UNC's academic scandal. Miami's slime, Louisville's high school academics and overall sleaziness, Wake Forest gameplan buying at Virginia Louisiville (if something slimey is going on good chance UL will be involved somehow) BC and others. Yeah, academics is a priority.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

case in point - See Louisville

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom