OT: - Boston College signs 10-year apparel deal with... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Boston College signs 10-year apparel deal with...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Saw these in action today. Full disclosure, it's actually a grand dad and he was helping offload donated food so he gets a pass.
Had another guy wearing boat/deck shoes with ankle high socks but I couldn't get a good shot of them.

IMG_20210413_101212139~2.jpg

Reaction Score
Everyone commenting so far has missed the real meat of the deal: "The school characterized the arrangement as being worth 50% more per athlete, based on the gear provided"

Translation: there's no sponsor money involved, but BCU's players will get 50% more gear to wear compared to their previous agreement with Sam's Club.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
when i was a kid, someone gave me some nb or reebock hoopkix bcuz they had a 'new tech' soul that they advertised as 'the cantilever soul' ie the sides sloped upward into the centerline, like an upside down 'v' when viewed from the rear. interesting concept in theory for extra 'springiness,' tho in reality i did not jump higher, and had some concern that i may get even more sprained ankles, or knee pain from it. they didn't do anything noticeable. neither did the 'pump' thing.
mebbe we can land a skechers deal if we jump to the all-ugly shoes conference. i hear that the birkenstock league is full.
edit: looks like the 'cantilever' thing was made by something called 'avia?'

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, doncha know, this has been reviewed.

I have a cousin who takes pictures of strangers wearing either when he travels in airports. Nice anonymous pictures. From the knees down. He's captured at least one photo with two guys in the same photo. One wearing NB. The other in Nike. Kinda funny.

Reaction Score
New Balance.

If you’re a BC fan and a dad, this must be like hitting the jackpot.

According to BC Interruption 10 year deal for 45 millions. Football not included. I’m a BC dad but my loyalty is to UConn.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
interesting concept in theory for extra 'springiness,' tho in reality i did not jump higher, and had some concern that i may get even more sprained ankles, or knee pain from it. they didn't do anything noticeable.
Along the same lines, I had a pair of LA Gear Catapults pushed by Karl Malone back in the day because they fit my budget at the time. I wanted to catapult them into a dumpster but the alternative was two sizes too small Pro-500s (knock off Jordans).

Reaction Score
According to BC Interruption 10 year deal for 45 millions. Football not included. I’m a BC dad but my loyalty is to UConn.
It can be valued at $45m and still not provide any money to the school. Not saying that is the case, though the article does gloss over those details. I remember the Rutgers deal had more than half of the value in apparel.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It can be valued at $45m and still not provide any money to the school. Not saying that is the case, though the article does gloss over those details. I remember the Rutgers deal had more than half of the value in apparel.

The dollar figures on these deals are basically jokes.

Reaction Score
New Balance sneakers are like Buicks for cars. There's a good chance the owner of either is a Q-Tip head. ;) :oops:

Reaction Score
The funniest part is New Balance is loved by sneakerheads and has some of the coolest retros out there yet no matter what they do they will be associated with the dorky white dad who wears long tube socks and white blocky New Balance with grass stains and his fanny pack.

New Balance has some of the best shoes (and good looking shoes) and also some of the worst looking shoes ever.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Throw the lawn destroyers out of the mix and NB actually makes quality shoes, not sure about their basketball shoes though. My wife actually bought me some NB 623 as a joke for the birth of our first child and let me tell you the lawn has never looked better.

As a recovering sneaker head I have to say Nike has gone way down hill on their designs IMO. The other brands are closing the gap very quickly. Then again Nike is just a marketing company.

TJT

Reaction Score
Interesting to note that Boston is the corporate home to several large sneaker companies

New Balance - Brighton along the Mass Pike Rte 90
Reebok (division of Addidas) - the seaport
Converse (division of Nike) - North End near the TD Garden

Reaction Score
Weird that it excludes Football and they don't make hockey skates. Like being named official shoe of Jamaican Track except for sprints.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom