OT: - Boston College signs 10-year apparel deal with... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Boston College signs 10-year apparel deal with...

Reaction Score
Throw the lawn destroyers out of the mix and NB actually makes quality shoes, not sure about their basketball shoes though. My wife actually bought me some NB 623 as a joke for the birth of our first child and let me tell you the lawn has never looked better.

As a recovering sneaker head I have to say Nike has gone way down hill on their designs IMO. The other brands are closing the gap very quickly. Then again Nike is just a marketing company.
Gearing up for our first kid right now and I've made the joke that I should get some to my wife, who immediately shuts it down. I'm going to have to buy a pair in secret and only change into them once we get to the hospital. I'm sure she'll appreciate it then.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The funniest part is New Balance is loved by sneakerheads and has some of the coolest retros out there yet no matter what they do they will be associated with the dorky white dad who wears long tube socks and white blocky New Balance with grass stains and his fanny pack.

Was just going to say, I love their 574s I rock them with everything and in every color. Their retros are great from the running shoe/casual perspective.

I can't get into their bball stuff though, it is a specific mental block with that brand, I agree.

Reaction Score
Well, doncha know, this has been reviewed.

my cousin sent me this

BB75B57B-1.jpg

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The funniest part is New Balance is loved by sneakerheads and has some of the coolest retros out there yet no matter what they do they will be associated with the dorky white dad who wears long tube socks and white blocky New Balance with grass stains and his fanny pack.
Part-time sneaker head right here. I have 6 pairs of NB's...all 574's. One pair is UConn colors, custom ordered. NB's are so fresh. Local too.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Was just going to say, I love their 574s I rock them with everything and in every color. Their retros are great from the running shoe/casual perspective.

I can't get into their bball stuff though, it is a specific mental block with that brand, I agree.
I have 6 pairs off 574's. Have you used their customizer tool for 574's on their website? So sick. I agree on the basketball kicks. NB for me is strictly running or streetwear.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I have 6 pairs off 574's. Have you used their customizer tool for 574's on their website? So sick. I agree on the basketball kicks. NB for me is strictly running or streetwear.

I haven't, that sounds cool though. I always find random pairs in good colors or I'll do a quick eastbay search sometimes.

Haven't bought a new pair in a bit but I have mostly 574s and some other randoms that are similar ... they're one of my fav casual kicks for sure, love the color combos.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Part-time sneaker head right here. I have 6 pairs of NB's...all 574's. One pair is UConn colors, custom ordered. NB's are so fresh. Local too.

So, 12 pair?

Reaction Score
I wear Harley-Davidson boots...made in China. Go Bucks?!

Starter going to make a comeback? Whalers' last jerseys were made by Starter.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I wear Harley-Davidson boots...made in China. Go Bucks?!

Starter going to make a comeback? Whalers' last jerseys were made by Starter.
Starter jackets are for sure. Sweatshirts too. Clothing resale sites like Poshmark, where people sell their lightly worn clothes, have tons of cool old school Starter gear. I have a buddy who wears a UConn starter jacket to games.

Reaction Score
New Balance sneakers are like Buicks for cars. There's a good chance the owner of either is a Q-Tip head. ;) :oops:
Had 3 pair of 608s for work. Black or brown suede for most days, and white if wearing jeans (rare early morning or overnight). Much more comfortable than any shoes. Only the beard is white, and yeah, have owned a Buick too. ;^)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom