Borges article comparing PT of UConn recruits to other programs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Borges article comparing PT of UConn recruits to other programs

Reaction Score
And just in terms of total minutes played not per game arranged by recruiting ranking for what @CL82 actually asked for. Couldn't get the players names on here without making it look like a mess, Johnson, Hawkins, Diggins are circled in that order left to right

View attachment 72411

Great work, man. This is super interesting to see laid out like this.

Reaction Score
I really appreciate the graphs.

The other variables to consider (which can’t possibly be shown on a graph) are the quality/performance of the team and the number of returning players, since both affect playing time for freshmen. I think I remember we had something like the seventh most returning minutes from last year, which obviously leaves fewer minutes for freshmen.

For what it’s worth, Diggins looked plenty happy dancing in the pregame huddle at the beginning of the game. Hopefully he knows he has a bright future in the program.

Reaction Score
Great work by @navery12...the graphs paint an interesting picture....after watching Gaffney's very poor performance last night, I do not see what the downside would be to giving Diggins some playing time....I am not sure that he would have done, or would do, any worse.

Reaction Score
Gaffney kind of teases us. He had that beautiful drive to the basket, but then makes unforced turnovers to follow.

To his credit, Gaffney does bring the ball over the timeline the vast majority of the time, and at times can hit the three.

Not having seen Diggins against decent competition, it is guesswork as to how he would perform, but if Diggins plays at the same time as Cole, or even with Gaffney, what's the harm for a few minutes when we have an 8 or 9 point lead?

Unless he is like Springs and is happy being a spectator and cheerleader, I could see him bolting at the end of the season.

Maybe Hurley sees him not measuring up in practice? And, Jay Wright does not play his freshmen that much, other Yarders have said.

Will he just wait and grow and play?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom