Boatright on Campus? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright on Campus?

Reaction Score
Sr. Year Boat just needed one more dawg (wish deandre stayed haha) for his own long tourney run cause the boy was nasty. I’ll never forget his freshman year icing the game at the line vs Florida St. i was like yea he is big time

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
My father has ninja-level misnaming skills and calls him “Brightboat.”

And so shall he forever be known to my brothers and me.

Same here - brought on by UConn (and everyone else) mispronouncing his name, Neils Giffey will always be Giff-e , not Giff-i. I hope i don't make that mistake, should I ever meet him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
When I think of Boat, I'll always think of when he sprained his ankle in the championship game, hobbled around for a bit but continued playing at a high level, and hit a big-time midrange jumper late in that game where he must have gotten 5 feet off the ground when the ball left his hands (or at least it felt that way).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe not Huskies of Honor worthy but would love to see plaques of 4 year guys like him and CV in the Gampel concourse.

Put him in the ring

He's worthy

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

It wouldn't surprise me to see something happen this year.

Just a hunch.

Reaction Score
When I think of Boat, I'll always think of when he sprained his ankle in the championship game, hobbled around for a bit but continued playing at a high level, and hit a big-time midrange jumper late in that game where he must have gotten 5 feet off the ground when the ball left his hands (or at least it felt that way).
Wish I could give that 10 likes. I’m still smiling

Reaction Score
I forgot just how RB could elevate. The video is great especially the one handed throw downs.
Saw him in the lobby at the Nathan Hale hotel on campus one night a couple hours before a game when he was a freshman or sophomore and spoke with him briefly. Very polite and well spoken and looked nothing like the "stank" face guy mentioned in this thread.
But, since I'm only a little over 6 feet tall and he was looking up at me a bit, I can only conclude he was no more than 5'10" so the dunks in the video are even more impressive.

Reaction Score
One of my favs. #8 on the scoring list.

He had a shot for the top 5 if he hadn't been suspended for the first 9 games of his career - which I still think is utter BS.
Just a reminder that we're not a blue blood like uNC.

Reaction Score
There are so many examples of that over the years it's nuts. Kemba / Brandon Jennings might be my favorite.
Isaiah Fox/Jamaal Sampson misses = Emeka.

so many good ones. I remember UCLA didn’t want Marcus Williams too.

Reaction Score
Seeing Boatright dunk had to make Bazz jealous.
Different players/skills.. As a combo for undersized guards.. Their onions and skills were off the charts and created mis-match problems for the bigger guards they played against.

Just glad they had the wisdom to work out their "issues" so that they could play together.

They both made adjustments for the betterment of the team.. Result-- 2014 NC

Reaction Score
What do I remember the most from Boat? Simple how much he drove Wilbekin, Hill and the Harrison twins insane at the FF. They were terrified to dribble the ball as were the MSU Spartan guards at the MSG final. He jumped it up to a "Mooresque" level come tourney time. Tremendous!
Absolutely! Ive never seen guys get in opposing players heads like Boat and Bazz did to the Harrison twins. Those kids were terrified. It was a total smackdown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom