Boatright on Campus? | The Boneyard

Boatright on Campus?

Reaction Score
Such a warrior. One of my favorite plays was when he was casually dribbling the ball across the baseline against Kentucky. The KY defender just assumed the little guy was taking it back outside and casually followed. Then Boatright quickly pivots back to the hoop for an easy layup. I believe the announcers said something like Dark Helmet "I can't believe you fell for the oldest trick in the book!" That's IQ!

Reaction Score
What do I remember the most from Boat? Simple how much he drove Wilbekin, Hill and the Harrison twins insane at the FF. They were terrified to dribble the ball as were the MSU Spartan guards at the MSG final. He jumped it up to a "Mooresque" level come tourney time. Tremendous!

Reaction Score
Dammit. Chief was right. Blaze is still in effect…
CCF7C338-ECB4-45E4-A2B9-6D0F5C111C54.png

Reaction Score
What do I remember the most from Boat? Simple how much he drove Wilbekin, Hill and the Harrison twins insane at the FF. They were terrified to dribble the ball as were the MSU Spartan guards at the MSG final. He jumped it up to a "Mooresque" level come tourney time. Tremendous!
I’m pretty sure wilbekin pooped his pants that game because of boatright.

Reaction Score
110% legend. Chips aside, his Sr yr there was a game at Houston, I think, where every player in 2H just passed him the ball and ran away. 1v5 and went for at least 30 IIRC.

Reaction Score
Such a warrior. One of my favorite plays was when he was casually dribbling the ball across the baseline against Kentucky. The KY defender just assumed the little guy was taking it back outside and casually followed. Then Boatright quickly pivots back to the hoop for an easy layup. I believe the announcers said something like Dark Helmet "I can't believe you fell for the oldest trick in the book!" That's IQ!
That play was more than a basket .
I knew ,and more importantly Kentucky and the Squid knew it was not going to be their day after that play.
UConn was on a mission that couldn’t be stopped, only the strip shirts and the Squid allowing UConn to run time kept the final score respectable.
Also he has the greatest line ever
”Syracuse leaves the Big East with a bad taste of UConn in their mouths”
National Audience ESPN game day top 10 Syracuse team.
He also came back for his senior year knowing it wasn’t going to help his draft status although a year at PG did help his basketball career.
If he was 6’+ he would have been a lottery pick. Huge BB skill set and great athlete.

Reaction Score
Love me some Boat. Always will. He was an impact player from day 1. My favorite Husky pre-Bouk. The defense he played in that national championship run was unbelievable. You can't have more heart than Ryan Boatright. Boat and Bazz refused to lose in 2014.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boat was an exciting offensive player.IMO.. What distinguished him during his career-esp. during the 2014 NC Tournament run ..Was his commitment to defense.. Even JC gave him props after NC game was over with being a game-changer with his on-ball D.

He was very disruptive and opportunistic on D..

Hopefully Boat had a chat with Sool about the way it is in Storrs for guards.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom