Blauds - Big 12 Alive & Kicking Butt, But.... | The Boneyard

Blauds - Big 12 Alive & Kicking Butt, But....

Reaction Score
Arizona & ASU makes a kind of sense but whether it's worth reading being bossed around by Oregon Washington and the 2 LA schools for being bossed around by Texas and Oklahoma would make an interesting doctoral dissertation. BUU and Houston, well Houston says yes in a nanosecond. BYU brings issues. And if I'm Kansas, K State Iowa State does this help me? Financially probably yes but as BC/Syracuse/Miami can tell you it's tough to open the season with no hope. Some people are starting to get that.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Disagree. I think the guy plays fair.
Maybe but this was the only relevant part of that post:
The word from Big 12 officials is that the status quo will be just fine for the foreseeable future, which means for at least the next five or six years until the current Big 12 television contract expire in 2023.

The rest was all filler.

Reaction Score
Arizona and Ariz St are going to leave the PAC12 for a conference on the verge of losing Oklahoma(to the SEC) and possibly Texas? And...they are going to take a TV pay cut to do it? Highly unlikely

Reaction Score
if the Big 12 wanted to or needed to add Houston and BYU, it would have happened.
it didn't.

it's a nothing burger.

Reaction Score
Silly

This is another example that the Sportswriter community doesn't know F--- all about how this money game works. And being a Jersey guy leaves you completely ignorant of what the Pacific states think. As the years go by ... there's more TV appeal for those demographics than the puny Kansas Oklahoma Iowa WV mix. Cut it out Blauds

I can see Texas schools having broad viability. Not the conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Someone should probably delete the PDF because it's behind his paywall isn't it?

You could also delete it for the reason it's sheer nonsense. Oklahoma and Oklahoma St are good - ok the Big 12 always has couple of good teams. Are we ignoring the rest of the league varies from might be pretty good (WVU) to dreck of the dreck (Kansas and Baylor).

The Arizona and Arizona State stuff is insanity. They haven't won the Pac 12 so maybe they want to be in a league with West Virginia and send all their teams 2/3 timezones away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom