Blame pie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blame pie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The coaches need to go over game footage with Aaliyah Edwards, and point out to her what she is doing wrong, why she is getting called for fouls. This was two games in a row that she got into foul trouble. She should have realized after the first foul that the Refs were not going to allow her any "physicalness." If after review, the coaches find that the foul calls were not really fouls, they need to send the video to the proper authorities for review. As was pointed out, if the first foul was so egregious, maybe Geno should have complained, go for the Technical, stand up for his players.

I know someone will jump to conclusions and say I am blaming Aaliyah or the Refs for the loss, I am not. But this certainly was a contributing factor. It will not be fixed by ignoring it.
One thing I’ve noticed when she is in the low post she often gets double teamed and instead of passing the ball out she continues to try to shoot and either gets tied up or commits a travel.

Reaction Score
Stop saying officials fix games. It's embarrassing. There will always be bad calls, but there is no conspiracy.
@Chin Diesel had an interesting post about former NBA referee Tim Donaghy, who got caught fixing games. Donaghy allegedly said that there are many more bad apples in the refereeing barrel.

A key quote from the ESPN article, from economist Wladimir Andreff of the University of Paris: "All economic analyses conclude that the more money there is inflowing to sport, the greater the sport corruption."

Readers may also be interested in a post by @nwhoopfan about “Untold: Operation Flagrant Foul,” a Netflix expose about the Tim Donaghy fiasco.

We don’t know if there are tainted officials in the college referee ranks. All we can say for certain is that there are large sums of money being bet on games, and that there are some atrocious referee calls that are sometimes being made. The majority of the bad calls in WBB games are likely due to referee incompetence, but we cannot rule out the possibility that more sinister forces are involved.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
@Chin Diesel had an interesting post about former NBA referee Tim Donaghy, who got caught fixing games. Donaghy allegedly said that there are many more bad apples in the refereeing barrel.

A key quote from the ESPN article, from economist Wladimir Andreff of the University of Paris: "All economic analyses conclude that the more money there is inflowing to sport, the greater the sport corruption."

Readers may also be interested in a post by @nwhoopfan about “Untold: Operation Flagrant Foul,” a Netflix expose about the Tim Donaghy fiasco.

We don’t know if there are tainted officials in the college referee ranks. All we can say for certain is that there are large sums of money being bet on games, and that there are some atrocious referee calls that are sometimes being made. The majority of the bad calls in WBB games are likely due to referee incompetence, but we cannot rule out the possibility that more sinister forces are involved.

Just because it has happened doesn't mean it is as common as fans think. It's very rare.

I can't wait for the new AI technology to flag bad and biased refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom