Black Crowes to tour this summer | The Boneyard

Black Crowes to tour this summer

Reaction Score
It's the Robinson Brothers and a very good backup band.
But will they kill each other before the end of the tour??? ;)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
7/24 at XFinity. Tickets on sale now.

Already looking forward to this one. Saw them at the Bushnell in 1993. Maybe the best show I've ever seen.

I love the Crowes,

but yeah, I mean no Steve Gorman? cmon

Its just the Robinson brothers and a bunch of hired salary noobs.

Now Im not saying the Robinson brothers dont have a right to do whatever they want . They absolutely do. Its their band really.

But:
Rich
Chris
Marc Ford (frickin killer)
Johnny Colt
Steve Gorman
Eddie Harsch

are MY Black Crowes.

Killer band.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Money grab.

Love the Crowes but no thanks.

Reaction Score
Money grab.

Love the Crowes but no thanks.

We'll see. They're playing the Bowery tonight. I'm sure there'll be YouTube feeds up.

You could do a lot worse on a nice summer night in July, bud.

August_West

Reaction Score
Ive met a lot of people in my times playing festivals, there was no bigger scalitohead on the planet than Chris Robinson backstage at the Gathering of the Vibes. It was like a scene out of Spinal Tap. I was standing near their bus and he told me " dont stand near here, dont even look at it"

Reaction Score
I love the Crowes,

Its just the Robinson brothers and a bunch of hired salary noobs.

Now Im not saying the Robinson brothers dont have a right to do whatever they want . They absolutely do. Its their band really.

But:
Rich
Chris
Marc Ford (frickin killer)
Johnny Colt
Steve Gorman
Eddie Harsch

are MY Black Crowes.

Killer band.
First mistake, they're playing at the Tinley Park Amphitheatre instead of Chicago, love the Crowes but no thanks.

August_West

Reaction Score
We'll see. They're playing the Bowery tonight.

A friend in the city just texted me a pic of 2 wristbands. Said it was a madhouse in line (only holds 300)
74698871_10157019131838089_5238244257113833472_o.jpg

Reaction Score
Ive met a lot of people in my times playing festivals, there was no bigger scalitohead on the planet than Chris Robinson backstage at the Gathering of the Vibes. It was like a scene out of Spinal Tap. I was standing near their bus and he told me " dont stand near here, dont even look at it"
Watch "The Hangover - "I hit an old man in public"" on YouTube

Reaction Score
Kinks wow. Thought they were getting old in '81 when I saw them at Tanglewood with Mott the Hoople! LOL
The money is so good nowadays that none of these rock legends will ever retire, we're going to start seeing some of them die on stage. My friend was at a Dead and Co. show in Virginia this weekend, one of the guy's on stage had his hat fall off while playing and when he leaned over to pick it up he passed out.

Reaction Score
The money is so good nowadays that none of these rock legends will ever retire, we're going to start seeing some of them die on stage. My friend was at a Dead and Co. show in Virginia this weekend, one of the guy's on stage had his hat fall off while playing and when he leaned over to pick it up he passed out.

Wow not good. LOL but I get it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We'll see. They're playing the Bowery tonight. I'm sure there'll be YouTube feeds up.

You could do a lot worse on a nice summer night in July, bud.
Yeah, it's mostly a personality defect. Same reason I won't go see whatever incarnation is playing as The Dead these days: for me, it dilutes the good memories I have of seeing that music performed live by the original members of the band.

Last two times I saw the Crowes were really good and I'm content to leave it there. Chris is one of the greatest frontmen of his generation and I love the tension between him and Rich, and I'm sure the band will be capable; but this one just kind of reeks money grab to me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Which is what Kate Hudson ended up telling him.

August_West

Reaction Score

LOL thats not true

Reaction Score
It's the complete opposite. Most of the old acts have taken such a dramatically reduced royalty stream without record or cd sales that they have to tour to maintain their lifestyles. Couple multiple divorces, bad money mgmt. et. al and basically you have to hit the road. Question is, will they still be on talking terms in June?

Reaction Score
LOL thats not true
You were at the shows in Hampton this weekend? That's what he told me last night when he flew back to the city, don't know why he would make it up.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Late last week a guy at worked asked me if I was going to see Kiss on their Farewell Tour next summer. I asked how old they were. He said 70.

I never liked Kiss.

Might be interested in this Crowes show. I was more a fan of Live, The Jeff Martinson Jug Band and 3 Doors Down back in those days.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'd rather that CR just stayed with the Brotherhood
He is such a pain in the ass that some musicians won't give him the time of day
I get all the "original hippie" crap but I'm as original hippy as CR any day
Love his music but the personality sucks - can't believe Neal Casal put up with him as long as he did
If I have nothing better to do, like mow the lawn, I may grab a lawn seat but its really the 2 Robinson boys and some other musicians - not the Black Crowes

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Steve Gorman was at Infinity Norfolk last Thursday and they were giving away tickets. And it was at Infinity I got my Chris Robinson fix not so long ago. I'm good.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's the Robinson Brothers and a very good backup band.
But will they kill each other before the end of the tour??? ;)

Email I got today says Black Crowes

Screenshot_20191111-161446.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
7/24 at XFinity. Tickets on sale now.

Already looking forward to this one. Saw them at the Bushnell in 1993. Maybe the best show I've ever seen.

Saw them in Rochester, NY. May have been '93 but I think it was '91 or '92. And yes it was phenomenal. Thought they were going to crush it for 30 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom