Bird is Back! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bird is Back!

Reaction Score
Don't know any other place I can ask this, on occasion I cannot see an image or attachment the poster has posted...as @UConnCat with his/her initial post. I have to believe something lurks under all that space I see. I use Chrome Browser with all add blocks turned off on the Boneyard running with dark theme. I tried with the original Boneyard theme but same results....any ideas? Thanks

1641644694295.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Don't know any other place I can ask this, on occasion I cannot see an image or attachment the poster has posted...as @UConnCat with his/her initial post. I have to believe something lurks under all that space I see. I use Chrome Browser with all add blocks turned off on the Boneyard running with dark theme. I tried with the original Boneyard theme but same results....any ideas? Thanks

View attachment 72317
It wasn't just you. The tweet was from the Storm, not from Sue, and for whatever reason they deleted the tweet later in the day. Hence the blank space.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just came across this rare gem of an interview:
— (one of) Sue''s first as a college player?
— (one of) Rebecca's first as a media personality?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

LOL, the funny thing is it still sounds exactly like Sue, but it’s almost like someone is playing the interview 25% too fast.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It wasn't just you. The tweet was from the Storm, not from Sue, and for whatever reason they deleted the tweet later in the day. Hence the blank space.
I think the Storm deleted it because they didn't want to lead anyone to think Bird and the organization had a communication or confirmation of a contract before the approved signing period (or whatever the phrase is when Free Agency opens).

Reaction Score

And Mike Gorman, the Celtics announcer was the play by play guy in the background on this. Would love to have him doing UConn games now, he's one of the best in the business.

Plebe

Reaction Score
LOL, the funny thing is it still sounds exactly like Sue, but it’s almost like someone is playing the interview 25% too fast.
This really played with my mind. Four weeks ago, I began experiencing a bizarre dysacusis (distortion of the hearing) whereby most voices sounded thinner and squeakier, almost as if helium-influenced. It was highly unsettling.

It finally got better just in the past few days, so I was startled early this morning when I heard this chipmunkish Sue Bird voice, thinking I'd regressed. Thankfully, it wasn't just me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Apparently Sue started "0 for America" or close to it (10%). Don't judge anyone prematurely!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Interesting that the Storm were fined for tampering with their own player by publicly announcing an agreement with Bird to return for another season last week. Technically, WNBA contract negotiations were not supposed to begin until today, with Feb 1 the earliest date that any new contract could be finalized.

Well, I guess if I worked in the Storm’s front office, I would find it difficult to contain my excitement if I knew the ageless wonder was coming back for one more season.

Reaction Score
Interesting that the Storm were fined for tampering with their own player by publicly announcing an agreement with Bird to return for another season last week. Technically, WNBA contract negotiations were not supposed to begin until today, with Feb 1 the earliest date that any new contract could be finalized.

Well, I guess if I worked in the Storm’s front office, I would find it difficult to contain my excitement if I knew the ageless wonder was coming back for one more season.
Loyd was cored, so Sue has her backcourt mate, Stewie will sign, They might not be able to sign Russell or Canada, because of the salary cap.

Reaction Score
Not surprised there is still interest in Sue by WNBA teams. Last season she was fourth in the league in 3 ptrs made and 3pt %. Fifth in assists per game. Not shabby! Add in her media influence and she's a real asset. As a Storm fan I hope she re-ups but I'll watch her wherever she lands.

Reaction Score
DAMN!! I opened this because I inferred from the title that Sue finally decided to retire and was coming back to UConn. :(

So... upon further contemplation, touché to Sue. :)
❤️❤️

Reaction Score
There is nothing about Sue Bird to suggest she would make pending retirement an "annual ritual" or that this is about a victory lap tour. At the conclusion of last season was the first time Sue actually stated she was contemplating retirement. She has decided she's not ready.

I suspect there are two factors at play here. One, she said a couple of years ago that she did not want her final season to be played at Angel of the Winds Arena. Now that the renovation of the old Key Arena is complete (and renamed Climate Pledge Arena) I think Sue wants her final season to be played there. Second, I think she wants one more season with a healthy Stewie. Hopefully this means Jewell is returning as well.
Sue, Jewell was cored, Stewie will sign, if Tina wants a championship take a little less this year and replace Russell in Seattle, KLS, Ezi, and Prince are signed add a guard, and a couple forwards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom