OT: - Bill Walton 30 for 30 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Bill Walton 30 for 30

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just finished parts 3 and 4. Wow. I’m 24, so I actually didn’t know much about Bill, other than being a huge fan of his broadcasting.

The entire series, but part 4 especially, does a great job of cutting past some of his usual schtick to paint the picture of a complicated individual. Without knowing much about Bill, it was easy for me to listen to him on a broadcast and only associate him with his good qualities. Showing some of his self destructive nature, his trials, and the wisdom he gained from it was illuminating. The interviewers asked the right questions, and pushed just enough to cut past Bill’s default alacrity to draw out some real emotion.

As someone who has already torn an ACL and meniscus in one knee, and likely now in my other knee, it hit hard seeing what Bill went through to keep pushing, rather than taking care of himself. Health is precious - physical and mental. The 30 for 30 did a great job showing Bill’s physical and mental ups and downs, and illuminating how it informed his world view. I believe they delivered a light, but hard hitting, portrait of a complicated and ultimately good man. No fluff piece here
Yeah. He got really pissed when interviewer said he was fortunate for guaranteed contracts. Wife watched all 4 with me and during that scene said “ I wouldn’t want to piss off Bill Walton”. She knows enough about him because of me , and isn’t a hoop fan but watches enough in this house. She’s right. And so are you . Good take. He ain’t a space cadet.

Reaction Score
Walton is entertaining, smart, and fair. I love the tangents he goes off on, basketball is not life or death and he totally gets it.

Reaction Score
Yeah. He got really pissed when interviewer said he was fortunate for guaranteed contracts. Wife watched all 4 with me and during that scene said “ I wouldn’t want to piss off Bill Walton”. She knows enough about him because of me , and isn’t a hoop fan but watches enough in this house. She’s right. And so are you . Good take. He ain’t a space cadet.
Bill was also forceful when Bill would say that he was the luckiest man alive and the interviewer said multiple times that Bill had some bad luck in his life. I like that about Bill, always turning the negatives in his life to positives.

I enjoyed watching all the parts of this 30 for 30. I especially liked the Celtics portion. Chief certainly respected Bill. I have not always liked Walton's comments in games that are unrelated to basketball but that is on me as I can be a bit too tightly wound.

Into this life we're born
Maybe sometimes we don't know why
And time seems to go by so fast
In the twinkling of an eye

Let's enjoy it while we can
Help me share my load
From the dark end of the street
To the bright side of the road

Reaction Score
for such a positive person had no idea how depressed he was at one point, contemplated suicide.

"Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Reaction Score
Bill was also forceful when Bill would say that he was the luckiest man alive and the interviewer said multiple times that Bill had some bad luck in his life. I like that about Bill, always turning the negatives in his life to positives.

I enjoyed watching all the parts of this 30 for 30. I especially liked the Celtics portion. Chief certainly respected Bill. I have not always liked Walton's comments in games that are unrelated to basketball but that is on me as I can be a bit too tightly wound.

Into this life we're born
Maybe sometimes we don't know why
And time seems to go by so fast
In the twinkling of an eye

Let's enjoy it while we can
Help me share my load
From the dark end of the street
To the bright side of the road
Loved how Chief always referred to him as William. Showing love and respect up his dear friend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom