Big12 Official on Tex/Okl to SEC (funny) | The Boneyard

Big12 Official on Tex/Okl to SEC (funny)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I've seen that guy used in other memes. My brother sent me one about Premier League soccer, maybe Arsenal related. He's got a great laugh and a great tooth.

Reaction Score
Im sure this has been addressed but do you think AD Benedict had info on Texas/OU moving a few years ago? It's great we're back in the BE, but I'm wondering if the move was made knowing what was about to happen.

Reaction Score
Im sure this has been addressed but do you think AD Benedict had info on Texas/OU moving a few years ago? It's great we're back in the BE, but I'm wondering if the move was made knowing what was about to happen.
I'm sure most of these guys who know what they are doing have an idea of what is going down, we on the message boards are just throwing darts.

Reaction Score
Two points.

1) Once the AAC media deal came out, there was no financial incentive to remain in the AAC.

2) After the Big 12 ran their first expansion bake-off, it became clear to DB that UConn was not on the short list for future Big 12 expansion. With only 10 schools and Texas restless (it appears Texas approached OU about leaving), it looked like the AAC would eventually get raided of 2 or 3 of the top schools and the AAC would then be a badly damaged conference.

DB read the tea leaves and UConn left the AAC. In hindsight, it was the correct strategic move.

Reaction Score
Everyone knew the landscape and that the B12 was vulnerable to this.

Did anyone know much more than that? Doubtful because there’s no way in hell it wouldn’t have leaked.

Reaction Score
It was the TV deal. The paywall & ESPN+ streaming, wasn't the big deal a bunch of people talked about; nor was it the Tier III rights or the ability to put games on SNY for the women's team (the Big East controls those rights and sublets them to SNY, etc already)... but it was the length and the dollars. Being locked into a deal at a rate that could largely be made up with a regional league that was appealing to the old-guard fan-base and donor pool; for so long that it limited the ability to make any kind of strategic moves to adjust/earn more dollars was a non-starter. Now a GOR might have gotten extra dollars, but not enough to make it worthwhile for any school with potential options to sign... and the clear refusal by the schools more or less announced to anyone, that if you have an option to leave, you'll be gone. UConn simply had the first viable option.

I think the left-behinds recognize that the term and striving for the "billion dollar deal" was a mistake. I still question the reports that they'll maintain their payout, unless that's including all the exit and entry fees due in; considering they are only paying the new schools half-shares (which still looks like a fortune to them coming off a C-USA deal that was paid in coins found within the cushions of the couches at the conference HQ)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Two points.

1) Once the AAC media deal came out, there was no financial incentive to remain in the AAC.

2) After the Big 12 ran their first expansion bake-off, it became clear to DB that UConn was not on the short list for future Big 12 expansion. With only 10 schools and Texas restless (it appears Texas approached OU about leaving), it looked like the AAC would eventually get raided of 2 or 3 of the top schools and the AAC would then be a badly damaged conference.

DB read the tea leaves and UConn left the AAC. In hindsight, it was the correct strategic move.
Agree with first point , not sure about the second point given that you can was one of the four finalist in consideration. In any event, though a relatively stable big 12 was an improvement to staying in the American, I’m not so sure that he greatly diminished “little 12“ would be a good choice for us. We would be too much of a geographic outlier.

Reaction Score
I don't know how I missed that skit on other forums, but, as a Texas alum, I agree that thing is a RIOT, lol.

Reaction Score
Agree with first point , not sure about the second point given that you can was one of the four finalist in consideration. In any event, though a relatively stable big 12 was an improvement to staying in the American, I’m not so sure that he greatly diminished “little 12“ would be a good choice for us. We would be too much of a geographic outlier.
The biggest thing the B12 lost if you analyze the departures is eyeballs.
Lets see who is better to add the most viewers:
Theses are the schools in order
If you added a guy able to promote the program like Mora back in 2016.
UConn/BYU
Houston / Cinncy
USF

The only question is future raids on the B12 however if the ACC
adds teams in that raid , in a few years we could be a prime target

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The biggest thing the B12 lost if you analyze the departures is eyeballs.
Lets see who is better to add the most viewers:
Theses are the schools in order
If you added a guy able to promote the program like Mora back in 2016.
UConn/BYU
Houston / Cinncy
USF

The only question is future raids on the B12 however if the ACC
adds teams in that raid , in a few years we could be a prime target
The thing that time won’t change is geography. We are a horrible geographic fit for the big 12. I doubt they would offer us, but, absent their miraculously getting an amazing media rights deal, I don’t think we’d accept either.

Reaction Score
Texas is all about the money; and OK Castiglione is perfectly happy to tag along. This sets in motion a Premier league because a bunch of these top revenue schools are gonna be looking left and right at paying the other 8 in the SEC and say ... WHY? Texas doesn't just want $70m per annum; they want Vandys $30-40 and others. This is straight out of Econ 101

They really aren't focused today on top quality FB

Reaction Score
Texas is all about the money; and OK Castiglione is perfectly happy to tag along. This sets in motion a Premier league because a bunch of these top revenue schools are gonna be looking left and right at paying the other 8 in the SEC and say ... WHY? Texas doesn't just want $70m per annum; they want Vandys $30-40 and others. This is straight out of Econ 101

They really aren't focused today on top quality FB
the big $ schools will always need the the other 8 so they have someone to beat up on. otherwise, the revenue would slip, bowl games become an issue

Reaction Score
Everyone can't be a king...the Big Ten football kings of Ohio State and Michigan have court courtiers like Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland.

Reaction Score
Beautiful as well. Thanks.
It mocks A&M rather than Texas or OU. That would be the reaction from SU, BCU, and Pitt if UCONN were invited to the ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom