Big Money/High profile CT donors we need to be reaching out to.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Money/High profile CT donors we need to be reaching out to....

Reaction Score
GE is dead as we know it, so no real loss for CY. In practical terms, UTC didn’t make any significant move. But don’t let us get in the way of the CT is failing rallying cry. Last I saw, CT economic growth was Top 15 in the country (after lagging basically forever).
How dare you present facts that show Connecticut isn’t completely awful?

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Engineers? No problem, Just tell them the requirement to support the local U. football team is an ASME standard, They'll all in line.

Reaction Score
Engineers? No problem, Just tell them the requirement to support the local U. football team is an ASME standard, They'll all in line.
This is probably the only feasible strategy. I'm an engineer and have worked among others for my whole 10 year career. I have yet to meet an engineer who gives a flip about their alma mater's sports teams.

Reaction Score
This is probably the only feasible strategy. I'm an engineer and have worked among others for my whole 10 year career. I have yet to meet an engineer who gives a flip about their alma mater's sports teams.
Do you?

Reaction Score
You need to make new work friends. A lot of my friends from college are both engineers and fans of UConn athletics. Quite rabid fans actually.

Reaction Score
You need to make new work friends. A lot of my friends from college are both engineers and fans of UConn athletics. Quite rabid fans actually.
Agreed. It's quite disappointing. I must be simply unlucky. Although I exaggerated in saying I have met zero engineers that care about their college teams, it is definitely true that the vast majority of the times I have met a UConn engineer and brought up basketball or football, the response is something along the lines of, "Yeah, I don't really follow that."

Reaction Score
GE is dead as we know it, so no real loss for CY. In practical terms, UTC didn’t make any significant move. But don’t let us get in the way of the CT is failing rallying cry. Last I saw, CT economic growth was Top 15 in the country (after lagging basically forever).
GE is up almost 14% over the past year and have a market cap over $108 billion they are not dead

Reaction Score
Go to the south. Before becoming a teacher I worked at an engineering firm outside Atlanta. Every single person there was either going hard for Georgia Tech or Florida every Saturday.

Reaction Score
I work there, I don't know how big that would go over as the engineers all seem to be big ten grads.
When i drive past there I noticed that there is a big UCONN flag in the window of that grey building.. that wouldn't happen to be your cube..?;)

Reaction Score
Have lived in Shelton all my life. (73 years ). Never heard of the term "The Ripper " in reference to Shelton. Even worked at Wiffle Ball while in high school.
Before Shelton was called Huntington
It was part of the town of Stratford and called the Parish of Ripton
I believe Monroe was also part of the Ripton area. Shelton was renamed around 1916 with some Huntington residents refusing to accept the decision.
I‘m a Genealogist and my wife has connections to early Fairfield County .
Parts of Stratford and Fairfield broke off from those two towns and formed Statfield later known as Bridgeport.
Ansonia Seymour , and Oxford were part of Derby.
If your researching people you have to know the original names.
Otherwise it’s quite confusing.

Reaction Score

LOL. GE is dead? It made 79 billion dollars in 2020. We should all be so dead. You post is unsupportable by facts and patently absurd.

Headquarters: Boston, MA
Founded: April 15, 1892, Schenectady, NY
Revenue: 79.62 billion USD (2020)
Number of employees: 205,000 (2020)
Subsidiaries: GE Healthcare, GE Aviation, GE Digital, GE Capital, MORE

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
LOL. GE is dead? It made 79 billion dollars in 2020. We should all be so dead. You post is unsupportable by facts and patently absurd.

They made more money than that in…1998. They topped out in 2008 at 182B and its been downhill since. The $79m comes one year after making $95B and immediately precedes an announcement that they are splitting into 3 companies.

GE. IS. DEAD.

Reaction Score

They’re no longer a major player in CT since they moved corporate from Fairfield to Boston so as far as the discussion goes they may as well be dead.
Is there a GE facility at all in Ct. ? I‘Ave lost touch.

Reaction Score
About 20 years ago there were quite a few GE facilities in CT. They were enormous and old ( Bridgeport) with only a handful of employees. Ghost factory. Think they kept them open so they wouldn’t have to clean them up.

PWS

Reaction Score
greetings from New London, Virginia class sez hello.
0cojonespgvx.jpg

Thames River, Connecticut. a leader in the world of technology.
Actuall, the greetings should be from Groton

Reaction Score
They made more money than that in…1998. They topped out in 2008 at 182B and its been downhill since. The $79m comes one year after making $95B and immediately precedes an announcement that they are splitting into 3 companies.

GE. IS. DEAD.
Completely insane.

Reaction Score
Until we get the wealthy in this state to realize that UConn is a great academic institution we will have trouble getting donations. In my mind the wealthy in Connecticut (and this region in general) tend to look down UConn and perhaps public universities entirely. Point blank is I’ve heard people say UConn isn’t all that special yet the schools their kids attend are either on par or less academically rigorous. Fascinating stuff really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom