Big Money/High profile CT donors we need to be reaching out to.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big Money/High profile CT donors we need to be reaching out to....

Reaction Score

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Completely insane.
So we are clear, you think having revenue DECLINE 60%, consistently over 20 years, is the sign of a thriving company, when investors are fleeing, their market cap is down from $500B to 100B, and even the basics of their management philosophy have been kicked to the curb? OK man, just don’t handle my investments.

Reaction Score
Until we get the wealthy in this state to realize that UConn is a great academic institution we will have trouble getting donations. In my mind the wealthy in Connecticut (and this region in general) tend to look down UConn and perhaps public universities entirely. Point blank is I’ve heard people say UConn isn’t all that special yet the schools their kids attend are either on par or less academically rigorous. Fascinating stuff really.
Their kids were gradually getting rejection letters from UCONN.

And neither have any relationship with UCONN.
Well, Ray Dalio does live in Connecticut, so there's that. I looked him up. His oldest son (42) died in a car crash in 2020. Drove his Audi into a Greenwich Verizon store.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Have lived in Shelton all my life. (73 years ). Never heard of the term "The Ripper " in reference to Shelton. Even worked at Wiffle Ball while in high school.
When I was at SHS, people referred to parties as rippers. As in, "Yo! Where's the ripper at, brah?" Thus, people would refer to Shelton as The Ripper or The Rip. Probably has a connection to Ripton.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Their kids were gradually getting rejection letters from UCONN.

Well, Ray Dalio does live in Connecticut, so there's that. I looked him up. His oldest son (42) died in a car crash in 2020. Drove his Audi into a Greenwich Verizon store.
Ray Dalio gave the state $100M for education just a few years ago. He and his wife had to back out of partnership with the state... they couldn't take the partisan nonsense that comes with politics, but they still gave the cash.

They were more about funding education for the underprivileged than competing in collegiate sports. But who knows, dude is worth $20B and a little of his generosity would go a loooooong way for us!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom