Big East vs B1G | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East vs B1G

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 is the best league top to bottom, but the Big 10 has 3 potential 1 seeds. One thing about the Big East this year is everyone has talent. DePaul has clinched last place, and they have a potential NBA player plus a preseason first team all conference player.

Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 is the best league top to bottom, but the Big 10 has 3 potential 1 seeds. One thing about the Big East this year is everyone has talent. DePaul has clinched last place, and they have a potential NBA player plus a preseason first team all conference player.
I agree with you about the big 12 compared to the big 10 but it’s clear this is a down year for the BE.. if the BE gets more than 5 bids this year I will be shocked.. I know this is a good year for bubble teams but still

Reaction Score
All I do know is in the Maryland MSU game on CBS right now they’re telling me at 13-9 and 14-10 neither team has a “bad loss”. I get what the quad 1 crap is and all but losing by 25 yo Minnesota, by 30 to Iowa and by 30 to Rutgers are “good” losses? Thats MSU.....That’s pure crap. No way both of these teams deserve the dance, no way in hell.

Reaction Score
All I do know is in the Maryland MSU game on CBS right now they’re telling me at 13-9 and 14-10 neither team has a “bad loss”. I get what the quad 1 crap is and all but losing by 25 yo Minnesota, by 30 to Iowa and by 30 to Rutgers are “good” losses? Thats MSU.....That’s pure crap. No way both of these teams deserve the dance, no way in hell.
I just turned this game on. Who do we want to lose?

Reaction Score
I think Michigan would blow out everyone but Villanova. Doubt Villanova would win ,but it would be a good game. Creighton...no chance. Same with us. The rest of the big East is pretty weak.
Well no one has blown UConn out yet this year so while I think Michigan is the better team I think we can hang with them.

Reaction Score
I just turned this game on. Who do we want to lose?

Preference I guess at this point seems to me both play hard but the Terrapins may have more answers. MSU really needs Henry to play well, I guess a lot like us and Bouk.

Reaction Score
I agree with you about the big 12 compared to the big 10 but it’s clear this is a down year for the BE.. if the BE gets more than 5 bids this year I will be shocked.. I know this is a good year for bubble teams but still
Don't disagree that the Big East is down, especially compared to the Big 10&12. But I watched UNC/FSU and Louisville/Duke and if you didn't see the uniforms and said I was watching Georgetown/St. John's or Marquette/Providence, it would have seemed reasonable.
And BC, Wake, Miami, and ND are worse than DePaul, at least by talent.

Reaction Score
The Big 10 is filthy this year. I like Illinois to win it all. I have them at 33-1, placed months ago. They lost their main man, Mr. Triple Double, Ayo, last game, and still won at Wisconsin today. Kids got 2 triple doubles this year. We don’t have anyone that could put up a triple double. And Kofi is a game changer. Absolute beast.
Don’t forget to change your underpants. Illinois won’t make the final four, remember that I told you

Reaction Score
Don’t forget to change your underpants. Illinois won’t make the final four, remember that I told you
I don't get people's love of Illinois. They got handled by Baylor. We will see how this week goes, but they could be 0-3 versus Michigan and OSU. If they split those games this week it will show me something, but if not, all they will have shown is they are a tier 2 team at best.

Reaction Score
Don't disagree that the Big East is down, especially compared to the Big 10&12. But I watched UNC/FSU and Louisville/Duke and if you didn't see the uniforms and said I was watching Georgetown/St. John's or Marquette/Providence, it would have seemed reasonable.
I Agree with you there LOL that’s why I didn’t even mention the ACC they have been really bad this year

Reaction Score
I don't get people's love of Illinois. They got handled by Baylor. We will see how this week goes, but they could be 0-3 versus Michigan and OSU. If they split those games this week it will show me something, but if not, all they will have shown is they are a tier 2 team at best.
That's how I feel about OSU.

Reaction Score
I liked them to possibly make a run because of Ayo and kofi but with Ayo’s injury idk how it will shake out for them.. they aren’t very deep to began with especially in the backcourt. I do like their 2 freshman guards in Miller and Curbelo but those kids aren’t Dosunmu

Reaction Score
bottomWell no one has blown UConn out yet this year so while I think Michigan is the better team I think we can hang with them.
Well no one has blown UConn out yet this year so while I think Michigan is the better team I think we can hang with them.
MI is a better team by far. Hunter Dickinson would eat up the Uconn big men. As for who is the better conference, Big 1G is a beast top to bottom. And yes, MD deserves to be in the dance.

Reaction Score
MI is a better team by far. Hunter Dickinson would eat up the Uconn big men. As for who is the better conference, Big 1G is a beast top to bottom. And yes, MD deserves to be in the dance.
B1G is overrated top to bottom. UConn would blow Michigan’s doors in if they meet in the tourney. No one can guard Bouk, best player in the country.

Its great that we all can just put bs opinions out there with zero facts to support them.

This year destroyed most OOC schedules. No one knows how leagues and teams stack up against other leagues and teams.

Reaction Score
B1G and B12 are 1a and 1b this year however you want to break it down.

SEC is next best conference.

ACC and BE are 4a and 4b.

P12 is behind these, and then a big gap.

Reaction Score

Was thinking SEC, BE, and ACC are roughly even, but if I had to choose, it would probably be in the above order. It probably depends are how one values depth vs strength at the top.

The addition of UConn to an already strong league ensures that the Big East will be in the 1-4 positions virtually every year.

Reaction Score

I think that's how most people have it but I don't really see any difference between ACC, Big East, and SEC. ACC and Big East are down and SEC with Kentucky being terrible seems about the same as the other two.

Reaction Score
I think that's how most people have it but I don't really see any difference between ACC, Big East, and SEC. ACC and Big East are down and SEC with Kentucky being terrible seems about the same as the other two.
I think Alabama is better than anyone in the BE or ACC. And I think they just have a little bit more depth. I think there's a pretty steep drop off after Villanova/Creighton/UConn in the BE, and I think the same from the top of the ACC.

It's debateable, but the SEC looks like a pretty clear #3. I think the ACC is weaker than people realize. Not particularly sold on Tech or Virginia for that matter. Florida State losing to UNC surprised me a little, but they feel like the sort of team that can make an E8 run and sneak in the FF. Tech and Virginia need a lot more to go their way.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
B1G is overrated top to bottom. UConn would blow Michigan’s doors in if they meet in the tourney. No one can guard Bouk, best player in the country.

Its great that we all can just put bs opinions out there with zero facts to support them.

This year destroyed most OOC schedules. No one knows how leagues and teams stack up against other leagues and teams.
Geez dude. Homer much? "Blow their doors in?!"

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I think Alabama is better than anyone in the BE or ACC. And I think they just have a little bit more depth. I think there's a pretty steep drop off after Villanova/Creighton/UConn in the BE, and I think the same from the top of the ACC.

It's debateable, but the SEC looks like a pretty clear #3. I think the ACC is weaker than people realize. Not particularly sold on Tech or Virginia for that matter. Florida State losing to UNC surprised me a little, but they feel like the sort of team that can make an E8 run and sneak in the FF. Tech and Virginia need a lot more to go their way.
OK Nate Oats.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I hate the Big Ten!!! To hell with them and their soft league!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom