Big East vs AAC Television Coverage | The Boneyard

Big East vs AAC Television Coverage

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Just noticed that all of the AAC Tournament games except for the Championship game is only on ESPN+, the Championship game is on ESPNU. Last year only the 1st round games were not on any ESPN's networks. The Quarterfinals were UConn on ESPN2 and the other 3 were on ESPNU. The Semi-final was UConn on ESPN and the other which was USF vs UCF was on EXPN2. The final was on ESPN. While all of the Big East except for the first round were on either FS1 or FS2. I guess with UConn going over to the Big East really hindered the AAC because almost all of their regular season games and all but the Championship Final was/is on ESPN+. Now I see why ESPN does not like UConn so much when it comes to exposure, Big East has them and the AAC doesn't, which I think it's for the best. Edit: All of the out of market viewers also got to see SNY on the FOX Sports app, including the half time show, something we did not see last year on ESPN3.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The Semi-final was UConn on ESPN and the other which was USF vs UCF was on EXPN2. The final was on ESPN. While all of the Big East except for the first round were on either FS1 or FS2. I guess with UConn going over to the Big East really hindered the AAC because almost all of their regular season games and all but the Championship Final was/is on ESPN+. Now I see why ESPN does not like UConn so much when it comes to exposure, Big East has them and the AAC doesn't, which I think it's for the best. Edit: All of the out of market viewers also got to see SNY on the FOX Sports app, including the half time show, something we did not see last year on ESPN3.
Hey MSGRET, you lost me on the way you posted your answer. SF and Final both on ESPN, this year No games on ESPN. So you conclude that ESPN does not like UConn? Was the snark emoji misplaced :rolleyes: or the wink ;) because without context, you lost me on the logic. Please elaborate...:)

Reaction Score
UConn made it possible for the AAC to be on ESPN as much as possible.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Hey MSGRET, you lost me on the way you posted your answer. SF and Final both on ESPN, this year No games on ESPN. So you conclude that ESPN does not like UConn? Was the snark emoji misplaced :rolleyes: or the wink ;) because without context, you lost me on the logic. Please elaborate...:)
UConn semi final game was on ESPN, the other semi final which was USF vs UCF was on ESPN2. As for the ESPN does not like comment I meant it as of this year because they don't have UConn for exposure, just poorly worded it.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Just noticed that all of the AAC Tournament games except for the Championship game is only on ESPN+, the Championship game is on ESPNU. Last year only the 1st round games were not on any ESPN's networks. The Quarterfinals were UConn on ESPN2 and the other 3 were on ESPNU. The Semi-final was UConn on ESPN and the other which was USF vs UCF was on EXPN2. The final was on ESPN. While all of the Big East except for the first round were on either FS1 or FS2. I guess with UConn going over to the Big East really hindered the AAC because almost all of their regular season games and all but the Championship Final was/is on ESPN+. Now I see why ESPN does not like UConn so much when it comes to exposure, Big East has them and the AAC doesn't, which I think it's for the best. Edit: All of the out of market viewers also got to see SNY on the FOX Sports app, including the half time show, something we did not see last year on ESPN3.
Don't more tv services have all the ESPN channels than FS1 & 2?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
No, they don’t. The basic package only includes ESPN and ESPN2 and FS1. All the other channels ESPNU, ESPNNews are extra as is FS2.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
ESPN+ is a streaming channel that you have to pay extra for, it's combined with Disney+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month. So if you are an AAC fan the only way you get to see the games is to pay for ESPN+ on top of what you pay your cable/satellite provider for the regular ESPN channels.

Reaction Score
ESPN+ is a streaming channel that you have to pay extra for, it's combined with Disney+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month. So if you are an AAC fan the only way you get to see the games is to pay for ESPN+ on top of what you pay your cable/satellite provider for the regular ESPN channels.
You can get ESPN+ without Disney+ for $4.99

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Fox has the power to televise any game they want in the Big East. The only way we will be on ESPN (except tournament) is when we play out of conference on the road. As far as I can gather, any SEC team, or ACC team we play, ESPN has the first choice. As far as AAC games are concerned, they made a deal with ESPN to have them broadcasted on ESPN+ @ 4.99 a month. We were lucky that SNY was able to make a deal with Fox to keep their deal with us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom