Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Respect Sams opinion. But Trey would need to average like 18/6/4 w/ exceptional shooting numbers to sniff lotto IMO
Everyone says it's a weak draft next year.

Reaction Score
Art is ready to move on and we are basically ready too, including the staff. I don’t think there’s any smoke to this story.

Reaction Score
Everyone says it's a weak draft next year.
One thing that people are forgetting is he’s coming back to be the de facto point guard. That’s what the NBA told him. He’s not built right physically for the 2, even with more weight. They told him to bulk up some and show everyone what you can do as the primary ball handler.

Ashworth will play some there but he will be a spot up guy a lot more than he was at Utah St.

Reaction Score
One thing that people are forgetting is he’s coming back to be the de facto point guard. That’s what the NBA told him. He’s not built right physically for the 2, even with more weight. They told him to bulk up some and show everyone what you can do as the primary ball handler.

Ashworth will play some there but he will be a spot up guy a lot more than he was at Utah St.
Played well as such when Nembhard was injured freshman year.

Reaction Score
Art is ready to move on and we are basically ready too, including the staff. I don’t think there’s any smoke to this story.
Kaluma was one of my least favorite players to watch in the country this past season, I don't think you'll miss him. He looks the part but there's a lot missing from his game.

You guys will contend for the Big East title and the national title next season.

Reaction Score

No one wants to see a player get injured especially in the gruesome manner that Nembhard did with is broken wrist against St. John's in 2022. Having said that though, it benefitted Alexander as he got pushed into being the primary ball handler and PG for the rest of that season giving him much needed experience.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't know if this was a bit or not, but you made me laugh regardless.

Or they could have everyone stand 25 feet from the basket and launch contested threes. See where that gets them. Just ask the Celtics.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Or they could have everyone stand 25 feet from the basket and launch contested threes. See where that gets them. Just ask the Celtics.
We just won a national title throwing up 25 3s and not playing our 2 dominant bigs together. Are you suggesting we’d have won my MORE if we did?

Reaction Score

Xavier is a perfect fit for David Jones. Slots nicely in the 3 spot alongside Freemantle and transfer additions Dayvion McKnight (WKU, 16.5p, 3.8a), Quincy Olivary (Rice, 18.7p, 36.4 3P%) and Abou Ousmane (North Texas, 11.1p, 6r, 1.3b). That would allow Claude to continue to chip in and play at all three guard positions.

Combining McKnight and Jones would make for two electric athletes who can attack the basket.

Reaction Score
Respect Sams opinion. But Trey would need to average like 18/6/4 w/ exceptional shooting numbers to sniff lotto IMO
Creighton's starting 5 was so stacked, and probably will be again. I think Trey is capable of that statline if there weren't so many people that needed the ball in the starting lineup. The guy can take and make tough shots. Just a little short for the SG position, especially one that is best as a 1-on-1 scorer

I was always confused why he never got much pro hype. imo was a bit underrated since Creighton also had Nembhard, Kaluma, and Kalkbrenner

Reaction Score
Creighton's starting 5 was so stacked, and probably will be again. I think Trey is capable of that statline if there weren't so many people that needed the ball in the starting lineup. The guy can take and make tough shots. Just a little short for the SG position, especially one that is best as a 1-on-1 scorer

I was always confused why he never got much pro hype. imo was a bit underrated since Creighton also had Nembhard, Kaluma, and Kalkbrenner
He was viewed as their best pro prospect for much of this year, but I think he got lost in the shuffle a bit as Creighton "underachieved". Kobe Bufkin and Colby Jones stole some of his heat. He likely would have been an early 2nd round pick. He had good, not great efficiency on above average but not high usage. He did measure 6'3.25" without shoes, which is small for a 2G, but 6'10" wingspan makes up for that. But he also tested poorly on the vert.

I think he got feedback from NBA people that they want to see him on ball more this year, so he came back to Creighton to do that. Ashworth can be a shooter off ball. so he's a better fit to allow Alexander to do more on ball stuff than Nembhard. I expect him to be a 1st round pick this year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We just won a national title throwing up 25 3s and not playing our 2 dominant bigs together. Are you suggesting we’d have won my MORE if we did?

Most of the people arguing that only playing 1 big is a good idea were the same people arguing that playing no bigs was a good idea just a few years ago.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Most of the people arguing that only playing 1 big is a good idea were the same people arguing that playing no bigs was a good idea just a few years ago.
Wrong.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You didn’t address the first point, and I don’t remember anyone advocating for no bigs ever. Maybe you’re remembering some post loss anger take?

Reaction Score
You didn’t address the first point, and I don’t remember anyone advocating for no bigs ever. Maybe you’re remembering some post loss anger take?
Nobody ever said no bigs. People did say 5 shooters/5 out. Like we used on occasion in last season's top 5 offense when Adama was screening on perimeter or popping for 3s. Our offense got even better when we moved away from Adama in low post and moved him often up to high post or arc.

But also moved him back into the post as matchups dictated in the tournament. As always, the best offense is the one that has the ability to do everything. Skilled 5 men who can shoot are key to that. Playing 2 non shooting bigs is not ideal.

Reaction Score
Curbelo to Southern Miss:

Southern Miss had a surprisingly good season last year, finishing 25-8 overall.

Southern Miss also has a strong connection with Puerto Rico, with AHC Juan Cardona from Puerto Rico and former Fairfield PG Neftali Alvarez playing for the team last year.

With the addition of James Madison, Southern Miss and Marshall, the Sun Belt was a solid mid-major conference w/ five teams finishing within the KenPom top-100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom