2021 Recruiting: - Big East Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Big East Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FWIW, apparently Goodman has a history and a grudge against Mike Anderson. Story I’ve heard goes Mike Anderson took him to the woodshed verbally after some line of questioning when he was at Arkansas. Goodman wasn’t happy about it. Now Goodman trolls SJU whenever he can and is almost always making inappropriate remarks. As far as Traore goes, heard he’s a workhorse motor type guy and Anderson loves those types.

Reaction Score
FWIW, apparently Goodman has a history and a grudge against Mike Anderson. Story I’ve heard goes Mike Anderson took him to the woodshed verbally after some line of questioning when he was at Arkansas. Goodman wasn’t happy about it. Now Goodman trolls SJU whenever he can and is almost always making inappropriate remarks. As far as Traore goes, heard he’s a workhorse motor type guy and Anderson loves those types.

FWIW Goodman is a A-Hat and if he wants to hold a grudge, so be it. But don’t do it at the expense of a HS kid on prob the happiest day of his life. People like Goodman really need to understand the responsibility that comes with their platforms.

Reaction Score
Plus, beating out A-10 teams doesn’t mean the kid can’t play it won’t contribute eventually. I don’t know that anybody celebrated fighting off St. Louis for Whaley, but I don’t think you’ll find a single Boneyarder who doesn’t want him on our team next year. It’s one thing to make snarky comments about a school’s recruiting on a message board. It’s another to do it when you’re a prominent college basketball writer.

Reaction Score
But have you SEEN the Pepperdine campus? Across the PCH from the ocean in Malibu and just gorgeous. New Jersey for a CA kid? Interesting choice.
Pepperdine and the WCC, in general, has been recruiting a lot better.
  • In the '21 class, Pepperdine and San Diego signed their first top-125 players ever. In addition to their '21 haul, San Diego has been impressive in the transfer game
  • In their '20 class, Saint Mary's signed Jabe Mullins, their 2nd top-100 player ever.
  • In their '20 class, Santa Clara signed Trent Hudgens, the #160 ranked player and their top recruit ever. They have another top-200 player signed for '21.
  • Loyola Marymount currently has the 20th best recruiting class of '21.
And none of that includes what Gonzaga and BYU has been doing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jaylen Warley would be a class completer for Hamilton...I have him going to Virginia, though

Ham needs a PG....Warley is a #4 PG to go alongside the #6 and #9 SG's...and a 7'3 Center (4 star top 75...but a project...needs to add serious weight/strength).

Guy loves to platoon his bigs....Koprivica 7'1", Osborne 6'9", Ballard 6'11", Bultler 7'0", and McLeod 7'3"...
:)

Some bigs took notice when 3 star Kabengele, who never started one game at FSU, went first round.

Reaction Score
Between Walker/Evans/Jack as seniors and Scottie Barnes as a likely one-and-done, Hamilton is 100% prepared to reload his backcourt for 2021.

Reaction Score
Ham closed on Warley...dang!

They do have some good kids coming in...maybe an epic class for Hamilton at FSU. But young.

Ham will have a difficult time replicating the success of last year without Williams and Vassell....being .#4 in the last AP taken.

The FSU board's reaction? Hell, this is bad for football....will FSU become a basketball school?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Warley is good but imo he’s not a 5-Star. I wouldn’t trade Hawkins for him.

Reaction Score
Warley doesn't have to be a world beater...but he is a the #4 ranked PG (not a SG)...and he will complement nicely the #6 and #9 SG's and Barnes the #1 PF.

I think that we will see a lot of Scottie Barnes at PG this year though...kind of a combo guard.

Reaction Score
Was really hoping UVA could reel in warley...

FSU has a good chance to make some noise the next year or 2 as the ACC remains down as a whole. Unfortunately they remind me of the mid/late 00's Pitt teams that always did well in conference and you were sure they were set up to make a run in the tourney...but never did

Reaction Score
FSU has not been a basketball school...but of late, Ham has over achieved.

Last year..FSU was AP #4 in the last poll....but ESPN predicted them #7 in the ACC and the ACC coaches predicted them #5....overachieved.

In 2018-19...FSU predicted #8 in ACC...Sweet 16...over achieved.

2017-18....FSU finished in a tie for #8 in the ACC...Elite Eight...overachieved

2016-17....FSU predicted to finish #7 in ACC...first tourney appearance in four seasons...second round

Reaction Score
FSU has not been a basketball school...but of late, Ham has over achieved.

Last year..FSU was AP #4 in the last poll....but ESPN predicted them #7 in the ACC and the ACC coaches predicted them #5....overachieved.

In 2018-19...FSU predicted #8 in ACC...Sweet 16...over achieved.

2017-18....FSU finished in a tie for #8 in the ACC...Elite Eight...overachieved

2016-17....FSU predicted to finish #7 in ACC...first tourney appearance in four seasons...second round

Eventually "overachieving" is seen as the regular for a school.. take the New England program that overachieved in the 2011 & 2014 NCAA tournaments. We consider those 2 championships major evidence why we're such a basketball-centric school, maybe these are the building blocks for FSU.

Reaction Score
Maybe....but FSU is a football first program....I thought, back when FSU played the great UCLA team with Bill Walton in the Final (beating powerhouse Kentucky in the Elite 8 and then North Carolina in the Final Four), that FSU would build on that.

Went 10 years after that with making it past the second round.

Reaction Score
What's crazy is Hamilton's FSU squad wasn't ranked until his 7th year at the school.

Now, the team has been ranked 9 out of the last 12 years and has reached the top-10 in three of his last four years.

And it's not like this guy slowly worked up the ranks. His head coaching jobs have been at Oklahoma State, Miami and Florida State. Crazy he's peaking in his late-60s/early-70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom