Big East Not Looking At Any Schools In Present Geographic Footprint | The Boneyard

Big East Not Looking At Any Schools In Present Geographic Footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The tweet says not in the same state which is slighty different then the title of this thread. See below....

USF President Judy Genshaft tells legislators Tuesday that Big East is not looking at any schools in same state as current league members.

That would mean Houston and UCF are not in play. I would hope they only mean FB schools, so that may give Temple a chance, but knowing Providence it's probably all schools.

Reaction Score
so let me get this right, UCF and Temple are out of the question b/c some beat reporter from St Petersburg tweeted that we wouldn't look at schools in states where we already have schools? i'll make sure to put this next next to my bigfoot pictures in my credible evidence file. besides, i don't know if you can really count PA as our current footprint now that Pitt's gone. i really hope MArinatto doesn't think we have Pennsylvania on lockdown b/c of Nova. that would be the first real instance of the bball schools actually screwing the fb schools.

Reaction Score
BE would be very stupid if we don't look at schools like Houston and UCF. If nothing else, they provide traveling partners like they got in PAC-12. What kind of weed are those guys smoking? Someone get us out of this mess ASAP. I can't deal with this level of ineptness anymore.

Reaction Score
so let me get this right, UCF and Temple are out of the question b/c some beat reporter from St Petersburg tweeted that we wouldn't look at schools in states where we already have schools? i'll make sure to put this next next to my bigfoot pictures in my credible evidence file. besides, i don't know if you can really count PA as our current footprint now that Pitt's gone. i really hope MArinatto doesn't think we have Pennsylvania on lockdown b/c of Nova. that would be the first real instance of the bball schools actually screwing the fb schools.

Huh? He wrote that the USF Prez told him that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
TCU is not currently a member.

I think she was just being cute about her opposition to UCF, and ignored Pennsylvania because Villanova is hoops only.

Reaction Score
Those statements that are out in the press are not true. That is not the case," Genshaft said. "I am not stopping any university from coming in. What is happening is the league, or the conference, now is looking at schools and they have looked very much at schools that are not in any of the states that are represented by the Big East schools right now. The ones that they're looking at right now, they do not sit in any state that the Big East schools currently are in."

Reaction Score
Those statements that are out in the press are not true. That is not the case," Genshaft said. "I am not stopping any university from coming in. What is happening is the league, or the conference, now is looking at schools and they have looked very much at schools that are not in any of the states that are represented by the Big East schools right now. The ones that they're looking at right now, they do not sit in any state that the Big East schools currently are in."

Translation. I'm blocking UCF but when the Governor calls me and says what the heck am I doing I'm going to blame Providence.

Heck -- maybe she'll cite to this board for proof that blaming Providence for things they have nothing to do with and can't control is de rigour.

Reaction Score
If we are not looking in states we are in who the heck are we looking at?

Maybe they are going for the home run and looking at Boise. Not a geographical fit but with Boise, TCU, WVU and USF we should most certainly keep the AQ.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't think Boise, Idaho is in our current footprint.

Just kidding...but seriously, football only? :)

Reaction Score
Marinatto is enthralled with the play of Southern Mississippi, & they're not in our current footprint.;)

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Boise State to help with the AQ and ECU. Nova upgrades

Looking a this week's polls Boise and Houston are the two best choices. The only choices.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Boise State to help with the AQ and ECU. Nova upgrades

Looking a this week's polls Boise and Houston are the two best choices. The only choices.

Think there is any legitimate chance we can get Boise to join?

I feel like they'd kill to get into a BCS AQ conference. Boise State and TCU would help out immensely when the next round of BCS negotiations comes up.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am morbidly curious as to the shape of the foot Marinatto is using to model our conference's print.

Reaction Score
I am morbidly curious as to the shape of the foot Marinatto is using to model our conference's print.
This is the left foot.

usashape.gif

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score

I feel like they'd kill to get into a BCS AQ conference. Boise State and TCU would help out immensely when the next round of BCS negotiations comes up.

I'm good with Boise, ECU, Temple, and UCF.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Why would they? The MWC is as likely to have BCS AQ status in a couple of years as the BE is to exist as a football conference. More likely TCU rescinds its decision to join. They're probably only waiting for the Big 12 to land or not land BYU.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Why would they? The MWC is as likely to have BCS AQ status in a couple of years as the BE is to exist as a football conference. More likely TCU rescinds its decision to join. They're probably only waiting for the Big 12 to land or not land BYU.

So on one hand, we're worried that the power conferences are going to exert their power and take away the Big East's BCS bid.

On the other hand, there going to take our bid away, but instead of keeping it for the power 5 conferences, they are going to give the BCS bid to the Mountain West, which has only been good in the past because it was extremely top heavy (BYU, Utah, TCU) and now 2 of those teams are out of the conference, and TCU is scheduled to league.

Again, not calling out you out in particular Hawk, but in general the premise of some of the stances people have on here about the basketball only issue, the ND issue and the BCS bid issue are just factually incorrect and just steeped in message board dogma.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
ConnHusk,
So on one hand, we're worried that the power conferences are going to exert their power and take away the Big East's BCS bid.

On the other hand, there going to take our bid away, but instead of keeping it for the power 5 conferences, they are going to give the BCS bid to the Mountain West, which has only been good in the past because it was extremely top heavy (BYU, Utah, TCU) and now 2 of those teams are out of the conference, and TCU is scheduled to league.

Again, not calling out you out in particular Hawk, but in general the premise of some of the stances people have on here about the basketball only issue, the ND issue and the BCS bid issue are just factually incorrect and just steeped in message board dogma.

The power conferences don't take anything away. The link I provided shows the rules. It came directly from the BCS itself. That's about as factually correct as it gets. It suggests that the MWC will quite possibly independently qualify, regardless of what the BE does. There is a fixed formula for performance. Based on that, why wouldn't they stay local?

Our place is locked through 2013-14 season, provided the BE has six FBS schools in conference. Given the 27 month notice period, we will. But if we lost more schools, I think it will be tough to hold on to the AQ status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom