Big East Leads Power 6 in Early 2021 Recruiting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Leads Power 6 in Early 2021 Recruiting

Reaction Score
I love a random internet argument even more than the next guy, but even you guys must be bored by this.
You're right. But does anyone else also think it's strange that 7774 has dug in his heels so hard on this despite the evidence people presented?

I have a hard time letting things go when people think they are right no matter what evidence is presented. I guess I'm just as guilty for keeping this alive.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
To me, and it’s just me opining, I believe that year after year the top 20 players coming out of HS all go to a school in a major BB conference.

Whether or not being in the AAC vs the BE has made a difference for Hurley when recruiting we don’t have hard empirical evidence to back either position.

However there is no denying the hard empirical evidence that every year the 5 star players, at least those in the top 20, all go to one of the schools in the top BB conferences.

Which conclusively indicates that conference is a primary factor for these level of players. A 3 and 4 star player has been more open to going to other conferences but not the 5 star.

Duke is Duke. 5 star recruits year after year. But Duke is longer Duke if it’s in the AAC.

Conference not only matters for the top recruits. It’s a must.

Reaction Score
To me, and it’s just me opining, I believe that year after year the top 20 players coming out of HS all go to a school in a major BB conference.

Whether or not being in the AAC vs the BE has made a difference for Hurley when recruiting we don’t have hard empirical evidence to back either position.

However there is no denying the hard empirical evidence that every year the 5 star players, at least those in the top 20, all go to one of the schools in the top BB conferences.

Which conclusively indicates that conference is a primary factor for these level of players. A 3 and 4 star player has been more open to going to other conferences but not the 5 star.

Duke is Duke. 5 star recruits year after year. But Duke is longer Duke if it’s in the AAC.

Conference not only matters for the top recruits. It’s a must.
While I agree with your conclusion, I find your analysis to have major correlation/causation issues. There are other factors that may make many power conference teams attractive for a top player besides the name of the conference of which said teams are members.

Reaction Score
Big East needs to continue the push as the premier B-Ball conf. They should ease up on the foul calling and recapture that hard nose tough east coast basketball vibe again.
Be careful what you wish for.

The chat room would go ballistic becoming unmanageable and unreadable.

Reaction Score
While I agree with your conclusion, I find your analysis to have major correlation/causation issues. There are other factors that may make many power conference teams attractive for a top player besides the name of the conference of which said teams are members.

Yes. But those other factors only come into play for 5 star recruits if the school is in one of the major conferences.

Reaction Score
Yes. But those other factors only come into play for 5 star recruits if the school is in one of the major conferences.
Not true. Memphis needs to pay for their 5-stars just like everybody else

Reaction Score
This would be ideal, but realistically we probably need to come to terms that the NBE, will never be the OBE. Best thing to do is get in there and reclaim the throne, then we can shape the new identity.
Big East now is better than ever. True hoops conference, double round robin season and rivalries. Maybe not the best from UConn perspective, but the rest of the conference would never want to go back.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
NEWSFLASH...calling @7774. Gotta troll you here buddy.

Great Hurley quote in today's Courant: "Our first recruiting class, when there was no hint of the Big East, was Bouknight, Akok, Gaffney, and Cole. So we were already recruiting at a very high level, but the (move) certainly has enhanced that."

Do you need a dictionary definition of "certainly" or "enhanced?"

Reaction Score
Big East now is better than ever. True hoops conference, double round robin season and rivalries. Maybe not the best from UConn perspective, but the rest of the conference would never want to go back.
Surely you're not suggesting this version compares with the BE of Georgetown, SJU, Cuse, UConn, Louisville, Pitt, Marquette, WVU and Nova which dominated cbb year-in and year-out? Right now the new BE is Villanova and the 7-8 Dwarfs. Creighton, Xavier, and Butler are good programs but they don't compare with the powerhouses of the old BE. Not saying this version isn't good and won't get better, but they're not there yet.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
NEWSFLASH...calling @7774. Gotta troll you here buddy.

Great Hurley quote in today's Courant: "Our first recruiting class, when there was no hint of the Big East, was Bouknight, Akok, Gaffney, and Cole. So we were already recruiting at a very high level, but the (move) certainly has enhanced that."

Do you need a dictionary definition of "certainly" or "enhanced?"
You know yall can hash this out in the DMs... right? Havent yall done this 3 or more times already? You don't have to clutter the board with nonsense, get a room.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom