Big East Freshman of the Week Goes to.......... | The Boneyard

Big East Freshman of the Week Goes to..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Paige's season continues as it started, they could be renaming the award after her at the end of the season.
dos equis agree GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

Reaction Score
Good for Paige !! (PS - you know who [initials will NOT be named, as not to get bashed], from that other Big East School, was named BIG EAST PLAYER OF THE WEEK for the 2nd Consecutive Week)

Reaction Score
Paige is awesome! She is our x-factor. We start slow in games. I advise her to eat first and take the scoring pressure off the team and then as the defense starts game planning to stop Paige, she gets her teammates involved and then I truly believe we can be that team that gets to the finish line. Just need to get on top of the teams right away so the others can settle in and not have that pressure. She's our best player and with her I think we can win a title. Without her no way no how...

Reaction Score
Paige is awesome! She is our x-factor. We start slow in games. I advise her to eat first and take the scoring pressure off the team and then as the defense starts game planning to stop Paige, she gets her teammates involved and then I truly believe we can be that team that gets to the finish line. Just need to get on top of the teams right away so the others can settle in and not have that pressure. She's our best player and with her I think we can win a title. Without her no way no how...
That's what Auriemma advises her too. She has a hearing problem. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call the Tenn game a bad night for Paige. Sure she was cold shooting for long stretches, but her other skills were much in play. As Lobo pointed out, the Vols were keying on her, giving other Huskies opportunities. Not to mention 8 rebounds, 7 assists and 3 steals. What would the score be if all starters had those stats?

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A single great moment can wipe away 40 minutes of struggle. It can also herald the good that lies ahead.

Excellent post!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
A single great moment can wipe away 40 minutes of struggle. It can also herald the good that lies ahead.
OR .. her 3-14 shooting can signal something else, eh?

Reaction Score
Yes, it signals that she's human, and it's unrealistic to expect her to shoot 8 for 10 every game.
No, it signals that she's not a good shooter in the BIG games .. she needs to prove otherwise, mebbe against Arkansas this Thursday, eh? ..

Reaction Score
No, it signals that she's not a good shooter in the BIG games .. she needs to prove otherwise, mebbe against Arkansas this Thursday, eh? ..
Maybe but I think it shows as most frosh humans she got tight in her 1st big game and when she got hurt that part of the mind went away and the big time player re-emerged. BAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom