Big day for fans of vintage UConn gear | The Boneyard

Big day for fans of vintage UConn gear

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
C

Chief00

How can you have vintage UConn without the generic UConn gray gym shorts with UCONN stamp on it in black font?
As Josh Boone mentioned in the recent podcast - that’s what Jim had the players wear during the first few days of practice in Guyer Gym (Josh misspoke and said Fieldhouse) before they earned better gear - but perhaps his generation did not distinguish the two?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but after all the hype I thought the choices were pretty “meh”

Im glad the school is working with brands like this though, as I think their merchandising needs an upgrade (specifically hats). I’ve been bugging the UConn Trademark account on Twitter for years about more Nike hats as I’ve worn out my two Nike hook C hats that I’ve tried nursing along until more came available. It seems the bookstore has a better selection than you can get on Fanatics/Huskymania Shop/etc. but that doesn’t really help when you’re in PA. Occasionally they’ll post some stuff as available via the Bookstore’s online shop but every time I get an email saying it’s back ordered or that it was listed by mistake.

Reaction Score
I hate to be Debbie Downer, but after all the hype I thought the choices were pretty “meh”

Im glad the school is working with brands like this though, as I think their merchandising needs an upgrade (specifically hats). I’ve been bugging the UConn Trademark account on Twitter for years about more Nike hats as I’ve worn out my two Nike hook C hats that I’ve tried nursing along until more came available. It seems the bookstore has a better selection than you can get on Fanatics/Huskymania Shop/etc. but that doesn’t really help when you’re in PA. Occasionally they’ll post some stuff as available via the Bookstore’s online shop but every time I get an email saying it’s back ordered or that it was listed by mistake.
Yeah I see other schools with a lot of better merchandise. Wish UConn could step it up

Reaction Score
Lol $32 for a plain white sad Jonathan shirt? My wife made the exact same one for me with her Cricut for the cost of a $6 Old Navy t-shirt.

Yeah but what did you spend on the Cricut and all of the associated die packs? ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How can you have vintage UConn without the generic UConn gray gym shorts with UCONN stamp on it in black font?
As Josh Boone mentioned in the recent podcast - that’s what Jim had the players wear during the first few days of practice in Guyer Gym (Josh misspoke and said Fieldhouse) before they earned better gear - but perhaps his generation did not distinguish the two?
The Athletic Department-issued Champion gray sweatshirts and t-shirts with the UC stamped at the neck were the best imo.

As for this merch, I was expecting better. Looking forward to seeing what 19Nine has on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
No knowledge of what size you need, but I have ALOT of shirts that say Connecticut across the front, that no longer fit me, prompted by my weight loss due to my multiple sclerosis. Most, if not all, are men's size XL.

If you are looking for something specific, feel free to contact me with what you would want, and I can sort through what I have remaining. $15 to $20 per shirt, depending on condition and wear, is what I would ask. Shipping cost is at buyers expense, too.

I can be reached at jspayd13@ptd.net

My nephew has picked through things, but I still have plenty that others may find useful

Curiouser
Reaction Score
These are in stock again at 19Nine:

0B4A3342.jpg

Reaction Score
Weak collection. Was hoping to see new versions of some of the stuff I have. You could create all of that yourself at places like Custom-Ink with a good version of various logos.

I recently wore my 1990 BE Champs shirt for first time in many years, lost a bet with the wife when the kids noticed!
My same era #23 game jersey signed by Lyman is the pride of the limited collection.
Not sure if I still have the light grey old school sweatshirt with flannel letter "Connecticut" across the front, I retired this circa 1997 when a friends asked if it was my grandfather's UConn sweatshirt!

On opposite end of spectrum, the heavy grey t-shirt "Connecticut Athletics" that all the athletes wore back in the 80's-90s is a go to shirt once it gets a little colder out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom