Big 10 basketball 2022, Part II | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big 10 basketball 2022, Part II

Reaction Score
I think the BIG10 award list is pretty fair based on what I watched this season. Definitely think they got the 6th man right with Sellers. She really impressed me with her composure and how she just stepped into the role. If no one said it, I doubt many would have thought she was a freshman.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Same with IU's starting 5. Goes to show how dangerous Maryland and Indiana can be on any given night, especially when they are at full strength.
I'm expecting Indiana to be more like what we saw at the beginning of conference play at the tournament. Really looking forward to watching these games over the weekend.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I can’t believe Reese was not a unanimous first team selection. She’s been the most consistent player for MD this entire season.
Agreed! You know how good Clark and Hillmon had to be to keep Reese from even entering the B1G POY conversation?! She’s got the numbers for a winner in most conferences in most seasons.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Conspicuously absent from all of those lists are any players from Wisconsin. This is Malisa’s first year. She pretty much had to go with the returning players.

She finished ranked 11th in the conference standings, 8-21/5-13. Her team may want to visit The Wizard” over the summer. The Badgers lost today to a 7-19/1-13 - fourteen seed Illanois team that outscored them 25-10 in the 3rd quarter. Final: 75-66 Illinois. No one expected them to win the tournament, but also no one expected them to be sent home by the worst team in the conference. :confused:

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Conspicuously absent from all of those lists are any players from Wisconsin. This is Malisa’s first year. She pretty much had to go with the returning players.

She finished ranked 11th in the conference standings, 8-21/5-13. Her team may want to visit The Wizard” over the summer. The Badgers lost today to a 7-19/1-13 - fourteen seed Illanois team that outscored them 25-10 in the 3rd quarter. Final: 75-66 Illinois. No one expected them to win the tournament, but also no one expected them to be sent home by the worst team in the conference. :confused:
Julie Pospíšilová was honorable mention. There seems to be a tradition of making sure at least one player on every team gets some sort of recognition, even if it's just HM. Wisconsin getting ousted by Illinois really isn't a surprise. The Illini split the season series with the Badgers, winning one game by as much as 21. Not much separation between the bottom four in this league.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Pretty good first season for Marisa, especially considering how much the team improved compared to those early season losses. She also won more conference games her first year than Tsipis did in any year of his tenure.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Inidiana had to battle but they eventually pulled away from Rutgers to win 66-54.

They didn't have Brown to help in the front court today. She wasn't dressed. Unfortunately, I caught the tail end of the game and didn't hear the announcers explain why (injury, etc.?).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Inidiana had to battle but they eventually pulled away from Rutgers to win 66-54.

They didn't have Brown to help in the front court today. She wasn't dressed. Unfortunately, I caught the tail end of the game and didn't hear the announcers explain why (injury, etc.?).
Dont know about Brown but I know Rutgers lost Shug Dickson in 2nd half to foot injury. That hurt

Reaction Score
Dont know about Brown but I know Rutgers lost Shug Dickson in 2nd half to foot injury. That hurt
I overheard that when I turned it on. Very unfortunate as Rutgers seemed to be clicking finally.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Julie Pospíšilová was honorable mention. There seems to be a tradition of making sure at least one player on every team gets some sort of recognition, even if it's just HM. Wisconsin getting ousted by Illinois really isn't a surprise. The Illini split the season series with the Badgers, winning one game by as much as 21. Not much separation between the bottom four in this league.
I’ll continue to follow Wisconsin as long as Marisa is there. As she turns the roster over with more of her players, I expect her to become more competitive and put more w’s in the win column. On Wisconsin. :)

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score

Apparently Browne aggravated a previous hip injury while drawing a charge in Indiana's last regular season game. She had surgery on the hip in this most recent offseason. Moren said she should be back tomorrow. I'm not sure if Moren is serious or just doesn't want to show her cards to Maryland before she has to.

Reaction Score
Should be an interesting Maryland/Indiana game tomorrow. Really looking forward to that Iowa/Northwestern match up. Round 3. The night cap, Michigan/Nebraska

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Should be an interesting Maryland/Indiana game tomorrow. Really looking forward to that Iowa/Northwestern match up. Round 3. The night cap, Michigan/Nebraska
These are exciting matchups with definite upset potential. 5-seed Indiana split the season series with 4-seed Maryland. 7-seed Northwestern split the season series with 2-seed Iowa, and Iowa needed overtime to win the game they did. 6-seed Nebraska ran 3-seed Michigan out of the gym in their only meeting this year.

Reaction Score
Emotionally difficult semis in the B1G for me. My four favorite teams play off Glad and sad mix I guess.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
With Maryland out this tourney is up for grabs by anyone IMO. Even though they've had a down year, everyone knew they were still top dog.

Reaction Score
With Maryland out this tourney is up for grabs by anyone IMO. Even though they've had a down year, everyone knew they were still top dog.
Not really....I never thought they were top dog at any point during this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom