OT: - Beth Goetz to Ball State as AD | The Boneyard

OT: Beth Goetz to Ball State as AD

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rut Roh, don't like too many people announcing departures all at once, but I agree I felt like UConn was an interim stop for Goetz. Wish her well.

Reaction Score
OT, but those hashtags...

Yikes.
7Jf6.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
She was seemingly overqualified for the job she had here. No surprise that somebody else was willing to give her an AD job. I hope she does well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lol it's Christmas for whaler. Is Dave leaving too?

I don’t have any problem with Beth. Can’t say I can make out any accomplishments, but she seemed mostly harmless.

Reaction Score
I liked her, and thought she had an impossible job. She nearly got the Minn. job before coming here, so there was no way she was going to be second in command here for long.

Memo to AD Dave -- that's 300k in salary and benefits off the books. Don't replace the position, or if you do, replace it at a lower level.

Reaction Score
You certainly can’t complain when someone takes a promotion! Even for whaler that’s a stretch.

Reaction Score
We have too many AD’s anyway. I think we still have the guy from California on staff.

Reaction Score
I liked her, and thought she had an impossible job. She nearly got the Minn. job before coming here, so there was no way she was going to be second in command here for long.

Memo to AD Dave -- that's 300k in salary and benefits off the books. Don't replace the position, or if you do, replace it at a lower level.
$300K is chump change next to KO's buyout.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I'll do it for half the cost.

Reaction Score

I liked her too. Also agree that I don't think we necessarily need that position.

Reaction Score
I liked her too. Also agree that I don't think we necessarily need that position.

We may not need to fill "a" position now that Beth is leaving, but we need someone doing what Beth did. In many ways, she was responsiblle for the day to day operation of the entire program freeing AD Dave up to concentrate on fund-raising & the conference smoozing stuff. Beth was the day to day keeper of the pulse of the department. Much of what she did was invisble, but she was good atg what she did while here. Best of luck to her

Reaction Score
Replacement posting; Chief Operating Officer- University of Connecticut
Division of Athletics

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree; eight to ten years of experience working in a Division I Athletic Department, a Division I Conference Office, and/or the NCAA; prior experience as a Senior Woman Administrator (SWA) at a Division I Institution or Conference; demonstrated working knowledge of NCAA regulations; and excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.

Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree or advanced degree; combination of eight to ten years of experience in a senior administrative position as an Associate Athletic Director, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Deputy Athletic Director, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Director of Athletics in a Division I Athletic Department, a Division I Conference Office, and/or the NCAA; prior responsibility for sports program administration; prior experience in the review and compliance of Title IX and gender equity issues; prior experience in the administration, oversight and supervision of sport performance units such as sports medicine, athletic training and strength and conditioning; and experience with facility master planning and the design and construction process of athletic facilities.

Posting closes June 19th.

Reaction Score
Replacement posting; Chief Operating Officer- University of Connecticut
Division of Athletics

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree; eight to ten years of experience working in a Division I Athletic Department, a Division I Conference Office, and/or the NCAA; prior experience as a Senior Woman Administrator (SWA) at a Division I Institution or Conference; demonstrated working knowledge of NCAA regulations; and excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.

Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree or advanced degree; combination of eight to ten years of experience in a senior administrative position as an Associate Athletic Director, Senior Associate Athletic Director, Deputy Athletic Director, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Director of Athletics in a Division I Athletic Department, a Division I Conference Office, and/or the NCAA; prior responsibility for sports program administration; prior experience in the review and compliance of Title IX and gender equity issues; prior experience in the administration, oversight and supervision of sport performance units such as sports medicine, athletic training and strength and conditioning; and experience with facility master planning and the design and construction process of athletic facilities.

Posting closes June 19th.

Ugh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom