Best UCONN WBB play of the Year Nominations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best UCONN WBB play of the Year Nominations

Reaction Score
The biggest bucket of the season has to be the one Katie Lou threw up in during the Md. game

Reaction Score
That is exactly what I'm doing... So far only Plays from the Baylor and USF-Civic center game have been incorporated.. LOL, so much footage to pull from might just have to cut it short.. :)
Outstanding and I am sure I speak for MANY on BY... THANK YOU!!! Looking forward to viewing.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That is exactly what I'm doing... So far only Plays from the Baylor and USF-Civic center game have been incorporated.. LOL, so much footage to pull from might just have to cut it short.. :)
I don't like emojii's. Here's a long distance pat on the back with a thumbs up. You and people like you are the reason I joined the BY. May you meet Beyonce' just after her final breakup with Jay-z.

Reaction Score
Part I.
1) Napheesa block of Thomas at FSU was especially sweet because a few minutes earlier Thomas Was on camera taking trash. "If you think you can stop me.... Well Napheesa did!
2) FSU game Saniya said F" this I'm not losing this game- pick any second half basket by Saniya they were all crucial.
3) A) Baylor game Crystal announced her presence with a 3 ball. B) Later in the game she hit a bank shot off a back cut and a pass from KLS. I had to watch Geno Auriema Show to find out it was Geno "directing" Crystal the whole time. No wonder Geno thinks Crystal is going to be so special.
4) A) Gabby ripping the ball away from Turner at ND and going back up for a layup. B) Later in the Gabby sealed up the DPOY award by picking up Arike at the free throw line. Arike beats her off the dribble, Gabby recovers and swats her shot keeps it in bounds UCONN headed the other way.
5) @MD UCONN went into half time up 5. 3 Minutes into the 3rd quarter UCONN was up 19. Pick any play in that sequence: A) Nurse 3 ball from the corner started the run but check the ball movement before the wide open three. B) There was the Gabby bounce to Collier off a double team. Great pass by Gabby to beat the double team but I swear Collier was so long and so high she look like she could have dunked the ball. C) Gabby hit a mid- range Jumper which might have been routine except so many haters said that was a shot she could not hit. D) KLS samulson spashed a three from the corner which was pretty routine except she was knocked to the floor making it a four point play. She got up pumping her fist and UCONN got just enough Juice from that play to hold on at Maryland. E) Kia spashed another 3 from the same corner that started the run.

If I had to pick just one I would go with 5A because I'm big fan of team play. On this particular play the ball changed side of the floor three times, every player touched the ball resulting in a wide open 3 for Kia. 3 Minutes later UCONN got the same shot from the same spot by the same player and broke MD's back. conclude UCONN is playing the basketball equivalent of 3D chess while other NCAA teams are struggling to master checkers.
Out of this great list my personal choice is 5D. To me it is the epitome Of Katie Lou and the entire team this year. She was more than happy to be flattened for the good of the team.

Reaction Score
No brainer. KLS's dunk and walkaway at the 50-second mark of this video. :)

Darn, got me again! Of course I had to watch it all the way to the end. Made me think though, they could make another one, of Just KLS making 3 after 3 after 3 in the AAC final.

Reaction Score
Here are a few I remember.....

Dangerfield's threading the defense layup in the Baylor game.

KLS's one hand pass to Gabby.

KLS getting knocked down and still making the three.
KLS's hail Mary to Kia and subsequent TD signal.

Reaction Score
The biggest bucket of the season has to be the one Katie Lou threw up in during the Md. game

Ha... I was actually thinking you were referring to the play where she drove to the basket and through a left hand hook shot as she fell and it went swish... the team needed a basket bad at the time too. That is one of my plays I would pick. The winner may be the rebound Gabby had over Turner. I remember watching that play over and over.

Reaction Score
This play definitely had the WOW factor. Against DePaul, about 5:15 left in the first quarter, Gabby is streaking down the court to catch up to a ball passed way ahead of her. Eric Fried says even Gabby can't catch this one. But she does. As the ball is going out of bounds Gabby flicks it behind her to a streaking Napheesa who puts it in for a layup.

Reaction Score
To Bajan Best- that should be a recruiting video. Fabulous job.

Reaction Score
My favorite play was done twice by the same player. On defense in the lane, Pheesa stole the ball with her left hand and in one motion, left-handed, one-handed, secreted the ball behind her left hip. Both times she turned to her left to block the (now) defender and threw a left-handed, one-handed scoop outlet pass to start a fast break.

I saw her do this on two different occasions. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone else of any gender at any level do that. Even once.

The first time I saw her do it I had to reverse the action to convince myself that what I thought I saw I really did see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom