OT: - Best Places To Get A Drink After An XL Game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Places To Get A Drink After An XL Game?

Reaction Score
Slightly off topic: Before and after a Civic Center game, my brother and I would go to a bar near the pedestrian bridge, but I can't remember the name. I think it was Sir something or other. They still owe me a tee shirt for all of the beer I drank there. ;)

Reaction Score
Slightly off topic: Before and after a Civic Center game, my brother and I would go to a bar near the pedestrian bridge, but I can't remember the name. I think it was Sir something or other. They still owe me a tee shirt for all of the beer I drank there. ;)
I think it was Lord something. @alexd might remember since he went there a bunch. I worked in 242 Trumbull St. so that was a go-to place of ours also.

Reaction Score
Rockinghorse Cafe right next door to the Russian Lady. Outdoor patio with a view of the Capitol too for those warm early season evenings.
I didn't realize that it had an outdoor patio. The last time I was there, the waitresses hopped on mini stages to dance every 30 minutes or so. But as an old geezer, when you say Rocking Horse I still think of the bar on Franklin and Brown. We used to go there after volleyball at Colt's Park. Johnnies was the bar after softball. Both are now gone.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize that it had an outdoor patio. The last time I was there, the waitresses hopped on mini stages to dance every 30 minutes or so. But as an old geezer, when you say Rocking Horse I still think of the bar on Franklin and Brown. We used to go there after volleyball at Colt's Park. Johnnies was the bar after softball. Both are now gone.
Yes... the rockinghorse outdoor patio is on the side of the building by the parking lot at Ann and Asylum with the old huge Russian Lady sign above it that's mounted vertically on the side of the building.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Huh. I don't believe I ever drank there.
If you sneezed, you missed it; and you would never see it unless you had reason to be on the skywalk. We went there a few times because it was a good place to go when everyplace else was jammed; although it was tiny, no one knew about it and it wasn't in a heavily trafficked place, so it never got busy (at least not the few times we were there).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Miss the old Civic Pub, JPs, Russian Lady, Challengers, Federal days.
JP's
Just loved that place - lived for the bowling machine
Liked Honiss Oyster House for St Pauli's Girl - I used to work at Hartford Federal Savings next door - saw so many celebs - sat with Steve Martin one afternoon for about 10 minutes

Reaction Score
For all geezers, besides the Rocking Horse on Franklin there was Gaetano's in the Civic Center. Packed before and after all games and really a fun place to commiserate or celebrate. Lots of commiserating in the 80's but great after 1988.

Reaction Score
Loved the Fed. The tavern is a convenient place to go. And Vaughan’s is great too.
Anyone remember the Original Cafe? Vague memories from when the Whale were still here. Place got fired up after big whaler wins (not that there were many)
Scarlett oharas..best cocktails

Reaction Score
Scarlett oharas..best cocktails
My uncle owned that dump for a while. He was a serial entrepreneur. He quickly realized it wasn’t a worthwhile venture when something bad happened in there, like a stabbing or something, so he dumped it.

Reaction Score
Best place was way back when Margaritaville/chucks was in civic center
I used to enjoy their steak ends for lunch. Their Bloody Marys were quite good as well.

Reaction Score
JP's
Just loved that place - lived for the bowling machine
Liked Honiss Oyster House for St Pauli's Girl - I used to work at Hartford Federal Savings next door - saw so many celebs - sat with Steve Martin one afternoon for about 10 minutes

Honiss Oyster House - beautiful, haven't thought about that place in a while - fried smelts - tasty

Reaction Score
My uncle owned that dump for a while. He was a serial entrepreneur. He quickly realized it wasn’t a worthwhile venture when something bad happened in there, like a stabbing or something, so he dumped it.
Is Vaughn's where Scarlett O'Hara's was?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom