OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 191 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Paul's Pizza on 195 was the worst ever. Never had a crust that wasn't burnt black while the "cheese" was inedible napalm.
Was that the Greek style pizza place next to Store 24?

I recall the pizza was greasy but the subs weren't terrible. Not great, either though.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Grab a seat and be prepared to be nauseous, but wanted to share this thing that's been posted several times on r/pittsburgh in the past week (although it's from Altoona).

Reaction Score
Was that the Greek style pizza place next to Store 24?

I recall the pizza was greasy but the subs weren't terrible. Not great, either though.
Village Pizza in Madison was the Greek pizza known for its terrible greasy cheese monstrosities. Similarly decent subs, though. Burned down in 2012 or so I think. Grand is in there now.

worst in Guilford right now is probably Centro. Really disappointing joint in a prime spot on the green.

Reaction Score
Time to finally re name this thread, "best pizza in the USA".

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Here's some food for thought. Although source isn't the best -

I'll throw Uncle Joes in Norwalk into the ring for Greek pizza. It's better than Hope Street or Post Corner, and has a nice little (real) bar off to the side.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was so disappointed when Uncle Joe's went from a pretty decent thin crust to Greek. UJs was one of our post-softball game hangouts and back in the 80s-90s I would've put it in top 10 Fairfield Country. Not now.

Reaction Score
Four perfect pies, great salad and another amazing Hen and Heifer dessert from Bufalina tonight, but this was the standout. I was and still am stuffed, but I could easily eat another one of these:

ANATRA
Smoked duck breast, blistered currants, fontina cheese, local micro greens
Had the Anatra tonight. Agreed it’s the best pie I’ve tried on the Fall Menu so far. I’ve only had duck a handful of other times, this was my favorite application of it so far.

Matt is out right now, but the pizza still holds up for the most part. Crust is a little more inconsistent from side to side than normal. But otherwise good.

Reaction Score
I'm curious what places people consider hidden gems in CT. For me, La Scarpetta in Old Lyme is one. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Need to get 3 pies tonight and was thinking about trying Tipsy Tomato. @Huskybass recommends but he also commented that Mike's was better than Zuppardi's so I'm a little hesitant. Anyone else be there?

Reaction Score
Brick and Basil in Norwich isn't the best I've had, but I was astounded by the quality they're putting out from a truck

Reaction Score
Need to get 3 pies tonight and was thinking about trying Tipsy Tomato. @Huskybass recommends but he also commented that Mike's was better than Zuppardi's so I'm a little hesitant. Anyone else be there?
The only pizza that I've had from Tipsy Tomato was the stuffed shrimp and it was absolutely outstanding. I can't comment on their regular offerings but that one is a certain winner.

Reaction Score
Timp
The only pizza that I've had from Tipsy Tomato was the stuffed shrimp and it was absolutely outstanding. I can't comment on their regular offerings but that one is a certain winner.
We got 4 pies form Tipsy yesterday. Decent is how I would describe them. None outstanding. It's very thin crust so they don't travel that well. If you are in that area you'd do better at Roseland

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So we tried Tipsy and it was decent. Very thin crust. Roseland is my pick if you are in that area. Timp
We got 4 pies form Tipsy yesterday. Decent is how I would describe them. None outstanding. It's very thin crust so they don't travel that well. If you are in that area you'd do better at Roseland
I'm guessing the stuffed shrimp wasn't one that you got.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ran into new contender for best pizza in CT

the “ northeast meat lovers”

natural casing pepperoni
Lamberti sausage
chopped Taylor Ham ( never had that on a pie before)
Liuzzi ricotta scoops

888A5D45-B539-4DD5-A111-28DA32CD7691.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom