OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 181 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
When I was ten, I’d go to First and Last and pick up shells and meatballs for dinner for my family. There was no pizza place on the right. It was only the thin tavern on the left with a couple burners with pots bubbling behind the bar.

Next time you go. If there’s a Irish looking kid making the pies, tell Moondog that the Deepster sent you.
If he’s there? LOL. Sounds like you haven’t been in awhile. “Moondog” is my boy. We’ve been playing at Goodie all month. His sister babysat me as a kid. Like I said before, you’re not the only local here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he’s there? LOL. Sounds like you haven’t been in awhile. “Moondog” is my boy. We’ve been playing at Goodie all month. His sister babysat me as a kid. Like I said before, you’re not the only local here.

Known him since he was 13. And his Dad. Sorry to hear he can’t get you on WCC and he’s stuck at Goodie. Haven’t been there in 2-3 years. No need to be in that part of town anymore.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Known him since he was 13. And his Dad. Sorry to hear he can’t get you on WCC and he’s stuck at Goodie. Haven’t been there in 2-3 years. No need to be in that part of town anymore.
Standard snob comment. Ill tell him I met you for sure.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Maybe the 3 of us can get a BBQ Chicken Pizza.
You’re probably scared of Old Wethersfield, so Village is out. Shall we meet somewhere you feel safe? Are there pizza joints in your “safe place?”. Feel free to PM me.

Reaction Score
Ooni pizza maker 932 degrees. 1 minute pizza. My nephew in Albany has one and says it makes the best pizza he ever had. They are about 300 bucks. It also cooks steaks.quick

I have tried both and preferred it over the roccbox. Those two seem to be the most popular in that portable neapolitan oven category. Can't remember why i preferred it though. They're both really nifty little things. Amazing they can get sp hot at that weight.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Nominating (again) a hidden gem in Ivoryton...Brickside Pizza. Thin, tasty crust and fresh toppings. Wood-fired in one of those dome stone ovens.

Reaction Score
You’re probably scared of Old Wethersfield, so Village is out. Shall we meet somewhere you feel safe? Are there pizza joints in your “safe place?”. Feel free to PM me.

How many different mediocre pizza spots can you name in one thread?

And I don’t go to First and Last as much because I have no reason to be in that part of town. Friends and family are all moved on. In fact, since D&D moved off the Ave, I don’t even go there much anymore. No need.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I know him and his Dad from a country club?
This guy?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nominating (again) a hidden gem in Ivoryton...Brickside Pizza. Thin, tasty crust and fresh toppings. Wood-fired in one of those dome stone ovens.

What the hell.

Ive only worked in Centerbrook/Ivoryton for 16 years and I had no idea that place existed. Nice find dove. Ill try it on your rec. But I expect it to stink, because,....................... shut up, dove.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What the hell.

Ive only worked in Centerbrook/Ivoryton for 16 years and I had no idea that place existed. Nice find dove. Ill try it on your rec. But I expect it to stink, because, shut up, dove.

Get one of these so you can give a report for @Deepster :

Chicken Bacon Ranch
Cheddar Jack Cheese, Balsamic Marinated Chicken, Bacon, Fresh Tomato, Ranch Drizzle, Pecorino Romano, Olive Oil

Barbecue Chicken
Cheddar Jack Cheese, Home Made Chicken, Bacon, Onion, Barbecue Drizzle, Pecorino Romano, Olive Oil

Seriously though, let me know how the meatballs are. I am a sucker for good homemade meatballs. Props to Amato's in Madison on that front.

Reaction Score

Chicken Bacon Ranch
Cheddar Jack Cheese, Balsamic Marinated Chicken, Bacon, Fresh Tomato, Ranch Drizzle, Pecorino Romano, Olive Oil

Barbecue Chicken
Cheddar Jack Cheese, Home Made Chicken, Bacon, Onion, Barbecue Drizzle, Pecorino Romano, Olive Oil

Seriously though, let me know how the meatballs are. I am a sucker for good homemade meatballs. Props to Amato's in Madison on that front.

Living in CT.....chicken on a pizza. Egads.

August_West

Reaction Score
Hey at least it at Geno Auriemmas Scallop and ranch abomination.

August_West

Reaction Score

Chicken Bacon Ranch

Barbecue Chicken

that chicken bacon ranch absolutely makes me wretch just at the description. How are you doing balsamic with ranch?

I mean Im not above chicken bacon ranch anything. Its a classic Fatty combo. and Im a classic Fatty. But Balsamic in that equation is so randomly disparate, I feel ill.

And I buy my Balsamic at Liuzzis.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
that chicken bacon ranch absolutely makes me wretch just at the description. How are you doing balsamic with ranch?

I mean Im not above chicken bacon ranch anything. Its a classic Fatty combo. and Im a classic Fatty. But Balsamic in that equation is so randomly disparate, I feel ill.

And I buy my Balsamic at Liuzzis.
If you lose the cheddar jack and ranch it's probably not a bad pie.

I notice they also put Gouda on a lot of their pies. I'm a big Gouda fan, but not on pizza--except maybe the Thanksgiving leftovers pizzas we make.

Reaction Score
I bet you only drive a certain type of car, only eat a certain type of steak, and down the line. One of those tools.

And if you like buffalo chicken on a pizza, you're one of those tools that think Outback is fancy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom