OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 270 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
and the price for that burnt thing?
looks kinda like shmura matzoh, with cheese and tomato.

hey auggiedoggie! don't tell the good folks here aboot rts 145/80 za.
iffn that place gets busy cuz u yakked, im gonna ask them to shut u off.
also, they bring it to my hut, do they bring it to yours?
No, because I live in Old Lyme now. and am actually moving again in a couple months to Lyme (with part of our property in old lyme lol)

But I get them when Im at work in Centerbrook and Ivoryton and Bring home . Its a really good spot in a location that's crazy. It makes me not miss the BEC's from the place it was before the Pizza place so much (because those were great)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Lyme? the town with like 2000 folks in total before u got there?
does rupert murdochs kid know ur coming?
uh, oh. u better get some asbestos underpants.

they don't like musicians there. too loud. bucolic and metal head aren't words that ever exist in the same sentence, tho im pretty sure that some bigtime band names live there, yet they know 'how not to be seen.'
what's the pizza scene like? they prolly do helicopter delivery, so u should be alright.

August_West

Reaction Score
Lyme? the town with like 2000 folks in total before u got there?
does rupert murdochs kid know ur coming?
uh, oh. u better get some asbestos underpants.

they don't like musicians there. too loud. bucolic and metal head aren't words that ever exist in the same sentence, tho im pretty sure that some bigtime band names live there, yet they know 'how not to be seen.'
what's the pizza scene like? they prolly do helicopter delivery, so u should be alright.

Pretty much, but like I said new place is right on the border, near Rogers Lake
and 1.3 miles from Coffees Country Market | Fine Catering | Deli | Baked Goods (they are even catering my wedding, awesome place) Sapore Pizza is right next to them. Not bad, not great. Pizzeria | Sapore Pizzeria | Old Lyme

........plus I don't like people, so the new place is pushed back very very farfrom the road on a bunch of acres, so I can be as loud as I want. Actually building a separate music studio in backyard (that will look like a barn) . Lower taxes than Old Lyme, but because part of property is Old Lyme I still get the beach passes and Rogers lake access. Only thing I lose is I have to pay a private Garbage service unlike the town service in Old Lyme, and XFinity TV service and internet won't provide service because how far back from road I am. I've called the state senate board chair of technology and energy to get that rectified.

Reaction Score
Just had Naples in Farmington for the first time in a few years, feel like it has really fallen off from what I remembered (was excellent the fire time I had it).

Way too much cheese (completely ruined the proper balance with sauce) and crust was too thick w/ no char.

Was curious if anyone else felt the same, or was just a one off…

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Pretty much, but like I said new place is right on the border, near Rogers Lake
and 1.3 miles from Coffees Country Market | Fine Catering | Deli | Baked Goods (they are even catering my wedding, awesome place) Sapore Pizza is right next to them. Not bad, not great. Pizzeria | Sapore Pizzeria | Old Lyme

........plus I don't like people, so the new place is pushed back very very farfrom the road on a bunch of acres, so I can be as loud as I want. Actually building a separate music studio in backyard (that will look like a barn) . Lower taxes than Old Lyme, but because part of property is Old Lyme I still get the beach passes and Rogers lake access. Only thing I lose is I have to pay a private Garbage service unlike the town service in Old Lyme, and XFinity TV service and internet won't provide service because how far back from road I am. I've called the state senate board chair of technology and energy to get that rectified.
good luck with normey, mr. oliver wendell douglas (my hero!).
'land spreadin out afar and wide, keep Manhattan just give me that countryside!'
soon, mr elon (my hero!) will be providing u other options on that connectivity thing. of course, iffn u were full country, u'd just get a spool of wire, and hook the dang thing up urself, wherever it starts from.
here, have a pile of rocks, and make ur own 'fire pit' while you're at it. if u do it right... outdoor pizza oven and New England clambake, too. just add some bricks or bluestone.

August_West

Reaction Score
'land spreadin out afar and wide, keep Manhattan just give me that countryside!'
nah, Id live in NYC again in a heartbeat. My favorite place on planet. I just don't like CT Nimbys. ;) If I have to live here (and I do right now) It's going to be like this. I will be back in the city again someday.
here, have a pile of rocks, and make ur own 'fire pit' while you're at it. if u do it right... outdoor pizza oven and New England clambake, too. just add some bricks or bluestone.
Property has two fire pits. Both out of rocks. Pizza oven on the agenda. (I have a outdoor propane one, but I want the full brick oven deal, I will do that. ) Intrigued about a clambake setup. Now its on the list.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Id live in NYC again in a heartbeat.
apparently, u already do.
i checked out the menu for that place cited, and this is what i saw, before my brain started to leak out of my ears.
Clams & Mussels Posillipo
Antipasto Marechiaro
Eggplant Rolatini
Parmesan Truffle Fries
Walnut Arugula
Berry Arugula ...... and so on.
two favs of note (not fav good, just fav funny)
1. Steamed Manila Clams -they went to the Philippines to get clams readily available down the street?
2. (the zinger) Grandma Rabe & Sausage. ur rabe and sausage thing is called 'grandma.' lol.
of course, according to them,
'IMPORTANT BUSINESS UPDATE
There was a fire in the kitchen of the restaurant on the morning of January 9th. No one was hurt, as we were closed at the time, but there was extensive damage to the kitchen. We will be closed until further notice while we deal with the aftermath of everything.'

hmmm, u, them, fires, when did u close on the new place? 1/9?
Pizzeria | Sapore Pizzeria | Old Lyme
lol. more importantly, best wishes on ur new home.

Reaction Score
Id live in NYC again in a heartbeat.
apparently, u already do.
i checked out the menu for that place cited, and this is what i saw, before my brain started to leak out of my ears.
Clams & Mussels Posillipo
Antipasto Marechiaro
Eggplant Rolatini
Parmesan Truffle Fries
Walnut Arugula
Berry Arugula ...... and so on.
two favs of note (not fav good, just fav funny)
1. Steamed Manila Clams -they went to the Philippines to get clams readily available down the street?
2. (the zinger) Grandma Rabe & Sausage. ur rabe and sausage thing is called 'grandma.' lol.
of course, according to them,
'IMPORTANT BUSINESS UPDATE
There was a fire in the kitchen of the restaurant on the morning of January 9th. No one was hurt, as we were closed at the time, but there was extensive damage to the kitchen. We will be closed until further notice while we deal with the aftermath of everything.'

hmmm, u, them, fires, when did u close on the new place? 1/9?
Pizzeria | Sapore Pizzeria | Old Lyme
lol. more importantly, best wishes on ur new home.
That, “Closed for a fire on the kitchen”, “…oven repairs”, “…kitchen remodeling”, etc, is usually code for, “We’ll be back open again as soon as we pass the health dept inspection.”

Reaction Score
My wife and I tried Casa Pizzeria in Ludlow MA, voted #1 in state (thats not anything to pound your chest about lol). Dave and One Bite gave them a 7.9 after trying their "New Haven style". They are well known for making a pizza in the style yiu would like. New Haven, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Neapolitan etc etc..

Well I tried the "Tomato Pie" New Haven style and my wife had a white pizza New York style. I would give it closer to a 7 for both. They have a decent crust and whatever they throw on it to cook it's almost too stiff. I can't trust a pizza I can pick up with zero sag or that I don't have to vee. Sauce, not awful but needed sweetness and more flavor little too much garlic for me. My wifes was ok but thought a little too crusty but again, I'm not a New York style guy so not sure. Lots of pizza leftover, not a great sign either.

Overall, won't drive 20-25 minutes to grab pie again, but if I were closer it would be a go-to in this area because pizza is so damn weak in WesMass.

Reaction Score
I flew into Newark two Fridays ago, and detoured to Robbinsville en route to Ocean City.

With PaPa's phone perpetually busy, I took a chance and ended up timing things perfectly by putting in my order in person, scooting over to DeLorenzo's to order there while the PaPa's baked, then back to PaPa's for the pickup & immediate eating of slices in the car, and then back to DeLorenzo's to do the same. They are less than a mile from each other.

As leftovers, two halves fit well into a single box and reheated decently in a toaster oven over the weekend.

This was my Trenton tomato pie recon mini-tour, after I'd messed up and gone to DeLorenzo's Pizza in Hamilton after visiting the Center for Sculpture there last summer.

I'd go back to either, specify "well-done," and dine-in next time. Both were good. I was front-loaded to like DeLorenzo's more, and surprised myself thinking better of Papa's. Something different with the flavor of DeLorenzo's cheese maybe.

At Papa's, I added sausage, a split the halves with one having mustard, which is a touted specialty. Not bad, but not for me as a first choice.

At DeLorenzo's my split was sausage on one half no topping on the other.

Overall, I like the tomatoes on top, conceptually and in practice. My friend in Asbury Park owns a rooming house in Trenton, so a return visit on a rent pick-up day might work to get me back there, and whichever we eat at, we can get take out on the other afterward.

I'm glad these places came up, and I will return. Two good first
impressions, though New Haven is secure at the top of my list.

View attachment 84112

Papa's is solid. Just notch down from New Haven in my opinion. Haven't hit De Lorenzo's yet unfortunately but most say it's a bit better than Papa's. Also need to try DeLucia's in Raritan, NJ at some point. Portnoy gave it a 9.4!

Reaction Score
So, my local pizzeria that specializes in personal Neapolitan pies like those in Naples has expanded their offerings into Detroit style. My god, this thing below was absolutely delicious. Flaky crust like a French pastry, delicious red sauce, perfectly toasted edges. This is Jay's Artisan Pizza's Detroit style:

1676943885210.png

Reaction Score
We've had pizza from this place called Domino's.

Not exactly sure where it is, but I think it's owned by some Italian guy or something.

I'm just kidding - if you want the best pizza in Connecticut, you just head towards New Haven. And then keep driving through New Haven and don't stop until you're in New York.

Then buy pizza anywhere, get back in the car, cross the Connecticut border and eat your pizza wherever.
When my grandson was younger he scootered competitively . They worked on tricks every day.
Since his dad worked late we would take him and bring him home.
The great thing about Dominoes is for a few bucks you could feed 8-10
10-13 year olds . That’s was throwing in a couple of skateboarders . They couldn’t tell the difference.

Reaction Score
So, my local pizzeria that specializes in personal Neapolitan pies like those in Naples has expanded their offerings into Detroit style. My god, this thing below was absolutely delicious. Flaky crust like a French pastry, delicious red sauce, perfectly toasted edges. This is Jay's Artisan Pizza's Detroit style:

View attachment 84277
That looks awesome, love the pepperoni charred like that.

Reaction Score

View attachment 84277
I’m drooling on my iPad.

Reaction Score
The Angry Pizza at South Town Apizza in Plantsville was great and just as delicious cold the next day: Red pie with Mozzarella, cup & char premium pepperoni, our own candied jalapenos and finished with a drizzle of hot honey.

Reaction Score
Sorry if it’s been mentioned before but are those Ooni pizza ovens legit?
I love my ooni. Takes some getting used to (I have the 12” propane one) but with 15 minute of preheat, a good dough that is tossed thin, it cooks a pie comparably to most thin crust places you can go to. The ceramic stone holds heat for a long time, and theoretically you can cook other things in there as well. I use it 1-2x per month, do pizza parties for the office every 2 months and it’s an incredible group thing to do. Everyone likes making their own pie and the ooni cooks it in roughly 150 seconds (rotate 4 times)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom