OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 229 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Not in Ct. but I had Italian Store in Arlington last night. They are so generous with their cheese which is great flavored too. That’s make or break and where so many places fail, scrimping on the cheese. Wish we had one in Ct.
A CT. person hyping up Virginia pizza. Lolz.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not in Ct. but I had Italian Store in Arlington last night. They are so generous with their cheese which is great flavored too. That’s make or break and where so many places fail, scrimping on the cheese. Wish we had one in Ct.
Gotta say, I don't think I've ever had a pizza where I felt they scrimped on the cheese; at Modern I usually request light mozz because I find them a touch heavy, which can result in too much flop.

Reaction Score
Gotta say, I don't think I've ever had a pizza where I felt they scrimped on the cheese; at Modern I usually request light mozz because I find them a touch heavy, which can result in too much flop.
And a definite request at Ernie's

Reaction Score
Anyone been to this place in Mystic? Might have been mentioned above.

Free access article:
Have not been, but I do like the look of the photos online. Sourdough crust -- so Da Legna is a good approximate in New Haven.

Reaction Score
I almost always order light cheese and well done, not necessary at Sally's.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
1AD21D5F-A9F8-44B0-834F-660693DDBC3D.jpeg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
People don’t actually do that.

Can You Put Mayo on Pastrami?​

Mayonnaise is one of the most used condiments in pastrami sandwiches. It may be spread on the slices of bread to bring an additional layer of taste as well as to hold the fillings of the sandwich together.

When putting mayonnaise in your pastrami sandwich, keep in mind that it can make the bread soggy.To avoid this problem, you can toast the bread a little bit before coating it with mayonnaise.

When putting mayonnaise on pastrami, make sure it is not a store-bought condiment that will deteriorate the quality of the sandwich and make it taste ‘cheap’. Buy either a good-quality mayonnaise or make some yourself.

Reaction Score

This is a good quality Mayonnaise. I use the Lemon Aioli on my fish and it tastes a lot better than tartar sauce.
I rarely eat pastrami, but I would think any one of the 3 items would be good on the sandwich.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I've never given a second's thought about putting mayo on a pastrami sandwich until just now. I wouldn't do it, but I'll go out on a limb and suggest it might be better than honey mustard. Honey mustard has fewer uses than even ketchup. Meaning none.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I've never given a second's thought about putting mayo on a pastrami sandwich until just now. I wouldn't do it, but I'll go out on a limb and suggest it might be better than honey mustard. Honey mustard has fewer uses than even ketchup. Meaning none.

I’m having a hard time comprehending this. These can’t be options for human beings.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Zuppardi's frozen pies are pretty tasty. The Breville cooks them up nicely. I have not had a fresh one, tho.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
And a definite request at Ernie's
From a different vantage point, I am most confident in introducing visiting children and people who don't really like "New Haven style" pizza to Ernie's. Such people have universally loved it. Ernie's is superior comfort food, and gives me firm standing to diss bready-cheesy pizza almost everywhere else it is served. I'm further grateful that I can walk there.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Still less offensive than Mayo on Pastrami
A decent pastrami provides its own flavorful, moistening condiment in the form of fat.

Cholesterol fears put a big dent into what had ritually been the binary "Lean or juicy?" choice at the counter where you shmeared the guy who took your order and cut a sample clump for you to enjoy while he constructed your sandwich at Katz's in NYC. No single sandwich ever clogged an artery, so there's no reason not to enjoy pastrami as was divinely intended.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom