OT: - Best mini golf in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best mini golf in CT

Reaction Score
Also, as an aside my personal favorite is the Pirate's Cove in Yarmouth on the Cape.

I was 2 off the course record with a 31, I was told by the attendant that Buster Posey of the SF Giants holds the course record with a 29, I assume when he played in the Cape Cod league in college.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seems like this the right crowd for this link... I have a 5 handicap myself at mini golf.. jonesing for some pirates cove action.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hidden Valley in Southington has had a lot of recent work done and my 5 year old loves it... really nice little spot. He’d put it above Safari Golf.

Reaction Score
Platt freshman team. 75-76

Oh before he went to LHHS. Was Richie Pasinski the HC at Platt then? I know a lot of Panthers from the 75-78 years being from across on the east side but played city hoops and lots of baseball with many. Meriden guy, nice!!

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Oh before he went to LHHS. Was Richie Pasinski the HC at Platt then? I know a lot of Panthers from the 75-78 years being from across on the east side but played city hoops and lots of baseball with many. Meriden guy, nice!!
Yep. Pasinski's first year.

Reaction Score
Yep. Pasinski's first year.

Rich is a good friend, golfing buddy. Played against his teams 75-77. Was Tony Rhylec a frosh with you?

Small world. Good friends a little older Salafia and Mercier.

arch

Reaction Score
Thanks. I was thinking of making it a combo with a visit to see my sister in Avon, so Canton probably works as well as Farmington for that.
I’d pick Matterhorn over Safari. Both fun for the kids.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Rich is a good friend, golfing buddy. Played against his teams 75-77. Was Tony Rhylec a frosh with you?

Small world. Good friends a little older Salafia and Mercier.
Year ahead of Tony, who as far as I'm concerned never got the credit for how good he was.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The one in Farmington has the added benefit of a great ice cream shop and the driving range next door.
I think the same family owned that as Fairway Miniigolf in South Windsor that also has batting cages, ice cream and other food. My son worked there years ago and we are friendly with the owner. He got screwed when Ellington Road was rerouted so traffic off Rt 5 misses him.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Olde Sawmill Grill and Miniature Golf in Oxford. Hit Rich's Ice Cream in Oxford afterwards.
I couldn't remember the name, but yes mini golf at Olde Sawmill and a quick ride up Rt 67 for some good ice cream on the farm.

Reaction Score
Hidden Valley in Southington has had a lot of recent work done and my 5 year old loves it... really nice little spot. He’d put it above Safari Golf.
I used to work the batting cages there, so I'm sour at the new owner for getting rid of them. He was planning to replace them with go-karts, which would have been cool, but he ultimately opted to use the space for... Wait for it... Parking! I shake my darn head.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Also, as an aside my personal favorite is the Pirate's Cove in Yarmouth on the Cape.

I was 2 off the course record with a 31, I was told by the attendant that Buster Posey of the SF Giants holds the course record with a 29, I assume when he played in the Cape Cod league in college.

I believe the owner is a UConn fan. I've gotten many of free game coins by wearing a UConn t-shirt.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I used to love going to safari golf on the berlin turnpike...but that was 20+ years ago so I'm guessing it's long gone
Safari is still alive and very well! My wife and I go at least once every summer, and it's the best mini-golf in CT in my opinion. Never been to a nicer/better one. We went about a month ago. They are constantly upgrading.

Reaction Score

Was just there a week ago. Definitely one of the best.

Reaction Score
I haven’t played in a few years. It always seems like someone in the group can’t even be moderately serious. Each game turns into a circus of kids blasting the ball into the parking lot or something. One person, typically my oldest daughter, will hit like 4 straight hole in ones to start, making the other kids upset. As we make our way through, I typically gain the lead for good and then even the oldest stops trying.

Don’t even get me started on playing with my friends in high school. That always turned into such an event that I was afraid we’d get arrested. Always one or two hyper kids hammering balls across the street or into the hut where you play to play. Even an occasional broken club.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hit the Matterhorn in Canton today. Thanks for the rec, @John , @Deepster and @arch . Fun, unique and challenging. And they are way into the theme, which is great.

I would definitely play some holes differently next time.

Great day and impressive little place. My sister says they’ve driven by hundreds of times since it’s been open and had no idea how nice it was. She and I ended up tied so we’ll have to have a rubber match there or in Farmington. I was well ahead of her and my daughter but on one hole towards the end my sister got a hole in one and I got my only six for the course, and that turned it.

Had lunch at Dish n Dat beforehand, which was a good choice. The new Wood n Tap where Apricots used to be would also be a good choice. Looks like they’ve got a really nice outdoor setup.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Btw, for @Deepster and the other local folk: I guess I hadn’t been there in a couple years and holy crap that new Mormon church threw me off.

My daughter said it looked like the White House from a distance and asked what it was. I was stumped but read enough words on the side while driving by to discern that it was a Christian church of some sort. But it looked like something so regal that it had been there for like 100 years or more.

I asked my sister and brother in law about it and they told me the deal. Good to know I wasn’t that clueless that I never noticed it before.

Reaction Score
Btw, for @Deepster and the other local folk: I guess I hadn’t been there in a couple years and holy crap that new Mormon church threw me off.

My daughter said it looked like the White House from a distance and asked what it was. I was stumped but read enough words on the side while driving by to discern that it was a Christian church of some sort. But it looked like something so regal that it had been there for like 100 years or more.

I asked my sister and brother in law about it and they told me the deal. Good to know I wasn’t that clueless that I never noticed it before.

Yeah, that's quite the building. It definitely looks odd plunked right down in that spot. That said, I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone who has actually gone there for a service. You figure, a building like that would be filling a need of many and I don't know that the Mormon population in the Farmington Valley is that big.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's quite the building. It definitely looks odd plunked right down in that spot. That said, I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone who has actually gone there for a service. You figure, a building like that would be filling a need of many and I don't know that the Mormon population in the Farmington Valley is that big.
They said the same thing. I think you have to be a member of the church to attend a service there, and membership is not a casual deal. For starters I think there is a mandatory 10% tithing deal.

I suppose you don’t need a ton of people to sustain it if you get enough big earners.

Reaction Score
They said the same thing. I think you have to be a member of the church to attend a service there, and membership is not a casual deal. For starters I think there is a mandatory 10% tithing deal.

I suppose you don’t need a ton of people to sustain it if you get enough big earners.

I just read its the second temple of its kind in the northeast. Other one is in Boston. Maybe people from farther away belong and contribute.

A mini golf thread turns into a Mormon church discussion. #offeasonYard

Reaction Score
I used to bring the kids mini golfing a lot but now realize that it's been several years since we've been, except for a cool indoor one in Brooklyn where I brought our middle daughter a couple years ago.

Our youngest daughter just went last week while she was on vacation on the Cape with a friend's family and really liked it. Our oldest daughter is now back away "at school" and our middle daughter heads out again at the end of the week, so I want to spend some time these next few weeks hitting a few different mini golf places with the youngest before her school starts up again.

I remember there used to be a decent one in Farmington and I believe they are still open. Anyone got any other recs for interesting/fun/different ones?
Was it the Cape Escape mini golf course in Orleans?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was it the Cape Escape mini golf course in Orleans?
I asked her what it was and she didn’t know. She said they passed several other ones on their way to the one they went to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom