Best Italian Restaurants and Stores in NY, CT, and MA. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best Italian Restaurants and Stores in NY, CT, and MA.

Reaction Score
I enjoy a little Eataly trip more than I like to admit but also loved Ginos up near Arthur Avenue for Cannolis when I was in NYC.

Reaction Score
Cafe Silvium in Stamford. Old school, family owned...amazing food. Reasonable prices and the wine pour is massive. Very hard to get a table but always worth the wait.
Love this place (let's not tell too many people - it is already difficult to get a table on Friday and Saturday.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
When we visit CT, we have three favorites:
Della Francesca on Mill Plain Road in Danbury
Tambascio's on Rte 302 (Dodgingtown Rd) in Newtown
My Place on in Newtown.

BTW - My Place and Tambascio's are owned by the same family. Great people.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
When we visit CT, we have three favorites:
Della Francesca on Mill Plain Road in Danbury
Tambascio's on Rte 302 (Dodgingtown Rd) in Newtown
My Place on in Newtown.

BTW - My Place and Tambascio's are owned by the same family. Great people.
I used to be a regular at the tap room at My Place. Great little spot with a super beer selection.

Reaction Score
North End:
Euno - used to go there a lot with big groups b/c you'd almost always get their downstairs to yourself

Trasca - went there last year & had Raviolo Aragosta and will definitely go back and order the same thing again.

Mama Maria's good for old school more formal north end feel for out-of-town guests.
TerraMia - cute small date spot, not quite as good as it was 20yrs ago
Table - great new restaurant, family style (hopefully works again someday) and a very outspoken chef, have driven 1.5 round trip for takeout and worth it

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
They do those at Da Capo in Litchfield where Viron Rondo used to be, I get those and a salad when I'm back in CT.

Grew up eating at Anthony's once a week. The Venetian is a classic old world place that's incredibly hard to find in cities anymore. Sadly I heard nobody in Michael's family is interested in taking it over, it would be a real shame if it went out of business. Totally class place with the booths and beautiful murals, Michael welcoming you at the door in a suit, tableside Caesar salad and Dover sole. It's been there for an astonishing 100 years.
And I grew up eating at the Venetian. My parents would take us there once a month. My favorite Italian restaurant ever. I eat there whenever I'm in town. My favorite pizza place (Jimmy's) was two doors north of Anthony's. Ficca's on Franklin served some good Italian dishes. More importantly they served alcohol when we were underage so I guess I'll say that was my favorite restaurant.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Help me decide for tonight: Esca or Red Fox in Middletown or Max Oyster in West Hartford.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Help me decide for tonight: Esca or Red Fox in Middletown or Max Oyster in West Hartford.
I think Max is likely the safest bet among those three. And today feels like a good day for oysters, too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Red Fox is really good.
I went there based on your rec and I agree, but the menu is huge and they do some things much better than others imo.

In particular, my steak was very underwhelming; but our appetizers were great and lots of other menu items looked like they were, too. I wish they had the carbonara that night.

Reaction Score
La Tavola in Waterbury is great. Their gnocchi is amazing.
Speaking of gnocchi, I picked up some Nuovo gnocchi from Stewart's in New Canaan (of course, not an Italian market, but they do a great job stocking local brands as Nuovo is based our of Stratford).

We had some leftover summer salad from Sunday (grilled corn & asparagus, heirloom tomatoes and some crushed pistachio) so I started the meal lightly sautéing the salad to sweat it all out and then mixed that w/ the gnocchi along with some ricotta and pesto. Waited a few minutes to cool down to slightly above room temp.

Chef's kiss.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom