Best Italian Restaurants and Stores in NY, CT, and MA. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best Italian Restaurants and Stores in NY, CT, and MA.

Reaction Score
Store: Liuzzi's in North Haven
Restaurant: Quattro Pazzi in Fairfield and Stamford; Goodfella's in New Haven; Bellini's in North Haven for the linguini, shrimp and broccoli.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Not sure why RI is omitted. I know the people who own and run this place. http://www.dpalmierisbakery.com/. Food is excellent and it’s also a store/deli of sorts.

In MA my favorite local Italian restaurants are Davio’s Patriots Place (better than the Boston location) and Alicante. Luciano’s on RT. 1 is good if you want standard red sauce style Italian food. I like the pizza at Tavolino’s and the sandwiches.

As others have said, it’s not like they are scarce.
I like the Davio’s in Patriot Place, it’s also my go-to steak restaurant. I enjoy Amelia’s in Stoughton - as a bonus one of the better outdoor ambiances (coronavirus un-friendly).

Reaction Score
The place that's in there now is better than Nulli's ever was. But they don't have BOGO coupons.
My parents don't live that far from there and they say the same. They used to go to Nulli's all the time but like Trattoria Toscana better. Although my mother complains about the prices because I think it's more expensive than Nulli's was. Do old people always complain about the cost of everything? I keep telling my mother it isn't the 1960's any more. Lol

Reaction Score
I like the Davio’s in Patriot Place, it’s also my go-to steak restaurant. I enjoy Amelia’s in Stoughton - as a bonus one of the better outdoor ambiances (coronavirus un-friendly).
Davios is a chain.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nonna Lucia in Watertown CT is good for anyone who gets lost in that area. We’ve come to like Brazis at Longwharf New Haven getting delivery during the pandemic. Looks upscale inside where we have gone before Longwharf theater. , but some reasonable prices for some different kinds of dishes. Ferraro’s market is a good small grocery and is going to relocate from New Haven to North Haven Universal Dr. So many good to very good Italian places in the New Haven area. People have their favorites.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Davios is a chain.

And it’s good. It wasn’t always a chain. It started as a single restaurant. DeFillippo was a young chef and bought it in 1985. He didn’t have a second location for 14 years.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There are at least a dozen excellent Italian delis in CT, but Sappori d‘Italia in Hamden is worth a trip for its eggplant pizzaiola alone. Everything else is great, but I‘ve never had or seen anything like that anywhere else.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's italian but Paul's Pasta in Groton is my favorite restaurant. The fettuccini alfredo is the best I've ever had.
I also like the Chicken Diablo and Spaghetti Pie at Paul's Pasta. Great Italian restaurant in the town of Groton that proudly supports our US Navy submarine force.

Reaction Score
There are at least a dozen excellent Italian delis in CT, but Sappori d‘Italia in Hamden is worth a trip for its eggplant pizzaiola alone. Everything else is great, but I‘ve never had or seen anything like that anywhere else.
They make a mean grandma’s pizza slice!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom