Best Fried Chicken in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best Fried Chicken in CT

Reaction Score
Drumstick Barbecue on Main St. in Bridgeport has awesome fried chicken.
My grandfather owned both( was one on State street for years )Drumstik Bar B Q's for 30 something years before his death in 1999. His wife and children have run it since and before that all five of his children , along with my sister and father all worked there. I'm not sure about it's current reputation but back in the day it was the best. Fish , chicken, greens , egg potato salad, liver and gizzards , deviled eggs and German chocolate cake. Little of everything

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
My grandfather owned both( was one on State street for years )Drumstik Bar B Q's for 30 something years before his death in 1999. His wife and children have run it since and before that all five of his children , along with my sister and father all worked there. I'm not sure about it's current reputation but back in the day it was the best. Fish , chicken, greens , egg potato salad, liver and gizzards , deviled eggs and German chocolate cake. Little of everything
apparently, u guys bought the Chicken Roost.
The-Chicken-Roost.jpg

Reaction Score
Palmaci?

Reaction Score
I heard the was a change in management and the food went downhill. I ate there a couple of times in that period and they lost my business (better options). We recently have been back since new management and the quality has returned. Its been said the new owners have returned to the basics that made drumstick so popular.

When your family owned it, the ribs were outstanding along with the chicken. Devil eggs were a staple with all orders. Best to call and order your food in advance because the wait is long to receive your food.

Anyway the restaurant is booming again, and your family would be proud.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard the was a change in management and the food went downhill. I ate there a couple of times in that period and they lost my business (better options). We recently have been back since new management and the quality has returned. Its been said the new owners have returned to the basics that made drumstick so popular.

When your family owned it, the ribs were outstanding along with the chicken Devil eggs were a staple with all orders. Best to call and order your food in advance because the wait is long to receive your food.

Anyway the restaurant is booming again, and your family would be proud.
My father was the rib and rotisserie chicken man Thursday , Friday , Saturday and every other Sunday , while I breaded. My mother managed and made most of the salads and deviled eggs along with Rocco . Sister was a fry girl Friday night's were insane . I spent most of my childhood there or on a baseball field. Good times.

Reaction Score
In the mood for some good fried chicken this weekend while enjoying some college football. Anyone got any suggestions? Preferably near Fairfield County?
Garden Catering in Old Greenwich, CT.

For first timers, get a high school special: A 1/2 of breast nuggets with french fries dusted with their special seasoning.

Stop by after November 1st and Tods Point is open to the public. It's gorgeous there in the fall/winter and you'll have the place to yourself. Views of Manhattan.

Reaction Score
Garden Catering in Old Greenwich, CT.

For first timers, get a high school special: A 1/2 of breast nuggets with french fries dusted with their special seasoning.

Stop by after November 1st and Tods Point is open to the public. It's gorgeous there in the fall/winter and you'll have the place to yourself. Views of Manhattan.
Not fried chicken but their nuggets are the best

Reaction Score
apparently, u guys bought the Chicken Roost.
The-Chicken-Roost.jpg

I used to live on Lee Av across from old Bassick High School. Loved the fries at the Chicken Roost. Right across from the Mosque. Bridgeport at one time was the perfect melting pot. Rough but not crazy dangerous. Then drugs came in and it became lethal. Political graft was rampant and so you have what u have now.

Reaction Score
My father was the rib and rotisserie chicken man Thursday , Friday , Saturday and every other Sunday , while I breaded. My mother managed and made most of the salads and deviled eggs along with Rocco . Sister was a fry girl Friday night's were insane . I spent most of my childhood there or on a baseball field. Good times.
Which one was the original, State St. or Main St. (the remaining store)? I recall going to State St. in the 80s/90s a lot.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
It’s really good. I concur. I’d stop there before my FFD county gigs frequently. I’ve never had a problem there but I used to walk in and out of Father Panic village before it was razed.

I got to discuss this with a Detective from the Bridgeport PD who was stationed at my volunteer position at the Vibes a week later. Said he had never seen anything like it in his 30 years on the force. Over thirty rounds fired. Killed the target, shot the owner in the ass for employing him, and no collateral damage. A professional Jamaican hit...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does his second wife’s family run it or his first wife’s family? I still remember him cooking chickens !

Reaction Score
Does his second wife’s family run it or his first wife’s family? I still remember him cooking chickens !
His 2nd wife( Kathy) was running it at least until 2014 when I visited last . His 1st ( Marie)is living in Florida and doing well.

Reaction Score
Which one was the original, State St. or Main St. (the remaining store)? I recall going to State St. in the 80s/90s a lot.
I'm not sure , I texted my mom and asked her. State street was being robbed too often to stay open. He ended up being stabbed and nearly gutted in the main street store late one night. He managed to get to his office , grab his weapon and put a few rounds in one ( since most of the length of the front was all glass) .

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Yard Jerk in Bridgeport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member