Best Dive Bars | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Best Dive Bars

Reaction Score
Yes, yes and yes. I'd add Moynihan's in Worcester (by Clark).
Hah! Spent many nights there as a Clark student. It closed recently and they're putting a new restaurant there.

The Blarney Stone on Park Ave. was a worse dive. A friend of mine worked there as a bartender and he saw some crazy stuff. Drug deals out in the open. Someone got shot right outside the door. I never noticed a thing except the $5.00 pitchers of beer!

Reaction Score
We used to hit Al's after the Pequot Thanksgiving AM race in Southport. Only bar open at 10AM on Thanksgiving day and if you stayed past noon they put out a weird buffet of sweaty cold cuts a thanksgiving substituted buffet dinner for the regulars, never touched that.
Does anyone remember a dive bar and dance place down on Fairfield Beach Rd? It was right in back of Penfield Pavilion, as a matter of fact the buildings footprint was right where the Penfield Beach back parking lots are now. It was closed and torn down in the 1970’s IIRC when the town decided to fix up the Penfield area. I’m not talking about the Nautilus, this was a different place, it was several hundred yards down from Reef Rd in back of the Pavilion. Can’t remember the name but it was wild. Memory isn’t so good nowadays.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember a dive bar and dance place down on Fairfield Beach Rd? It was right in back of Penfield Pavilion, as a matter of fact the buildings footprint was right where the Penfield Beach back parking lots are now. It was closed and torn down in the 1970’s IIRC when the town decided to fix up the Penfield area. I’m not talking about the Nautilus, this was a different place, it was several hundred yards down from Reef Rd in back of the Pavilion. Can’t remember the name but it was wild. Memory isn’t so good nowadays.
Surfside?

Reaction Score
Surfside?
No, Surfside was at the end of South Pine Creek Rd, remember it well, posted a picture of Surfside in another post. This place I’m thinking of was a college and teen hangout on Fairfield Beach Rd, right where the Penfield Beach grass parking lots used to be, though I think the grass was blacked topped a few years ago. As I recall this place had quite a wild reputation. I’m not referring to the Nautilus over on Reef Rd.

Reaction Score
No, Surfside was at the end of South Pine Creek Rd, remember it well, posted a picture of Surfside in another post. This place I’m thinking of was a college and teen hangout on Fairfield Beach Rd, right where the Penfield Beach grass parking lots used to be, though I think the grass was blacked topped a few years ago. As I recall this place had quite a wild reputation. I’m not referring to the Nautilus over on Reef Rd.
I know there was a bar with beach in the name, possibly Beachside? I think that was it, burned in the 70s.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom