Best Comedians You Have Watched | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best Comedians You Have Watched

Reaction Score
OMG so many Laurel and Hardy, Abbot and Costello, three stooges, Lucille Ball, Rodney Dangerfield, Robin Williams, Richard Pryor, Carol Burnett, Mary Tyler Moore, etc

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Jimmy Carr, Chris Rock, Jim Jeffries, Ron White, Louis CK (but I agree, he may be done). I liked Bill Burr, but not so much for his last couple of shows. Chappelle is good as long as he's taking his meds.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
if anyone can find it, the bit Norm does on Bob Saget's Comedy Central roast where he does all ridiculously low level, obvious old-timey jokes ... and people in the crowd can't decide whether to laugh or whether he's bombing ... it's one of the funniest things I've ever watched. Me and my buddies still use phrases from that roast, i.e. "no thoughts at all, just a hat."

I've ALWAYS loved Norm - great on Stern, great on SNL, he's just hysterical in that dry way.

Nevermind, I found it:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

This is the clip of the actual roast ... the first few minutes, everyone's completely confused and thinks he's bombing. So amazing!

Ladies and Gentlemen, this man is for the birds!

Reaction Score
Louis C.K. was on fire for a stretch.. I don't see what others see in Maniscalco, does nothing for me.
Same. Sebastian never wowed me in the least...I just like saying the name Sebastian.
I still say Louis CK is one of the funniest men alive. He needs to do another special, if they’ll let him.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't see what others see in Maniscalco, does nothing for me.

Glad you said it. All I get is The Fonz doing open mike night. I'm not on the Fluffy Iglesias train either. John Pinette (yet another who died too soon) did fat guy stuff much better, IMO.

Different strokes for different folks.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
In person, Ron White, Richard Jeni and Steven Wright.

I never saw Geraldo, but I still hear his act about soldiers' letters home then vs. now on TuneIn and I laugh out loud every time.

Forgot Steven Wright. He's a niche kind of comedian, but funny as hell.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Never saw him as a stand up comedian, but Adam Sandler has made some hilarious movies. Same for the Pet Detective guy, but I have to admit his stuff got old.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Apparently I'm the only one who never found Louis CK funny. Never got the appeal

His older stuff is better. He tried too hard too be offensive in his most recent bits.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The way Sebastian talks and his mannerisms are what makes him funny, to me ... he's just telling a story in a hilarious way. His jokes or the wittiness of them are good but that's not his main appeal.

Reaction Score
I’ll stick with current comedians. Chapelle is king right now. Jesselnik’s timing is amazing and I’m surprised no one mentioned Gilbert Gottfried

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
/endthread

Rickles is one of my idols.
Love rickles

For me this is easy.

I saw bill hicks twice. The 1st time he was the single funniest night of my life. The second time didn’t approach the first he was drunk off his Azzi Fudd, but was still the second funniest night of my life. The guy had it.

Reaction Score
Great topic. I checked out Patrice’s standup and he was awesome.
Norm Macdonald also is special.

Don’t underestimate the occasional 10 minute intro by Carson. When he was on it was memorable.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’ll stick with current comedians. Chapelle is king right now. Jesselnik’s timing is amazing and I’m surprised no one mentioned Gilbert Gottfried

Nobody tells "The Aristocrats" joke like Gilbert. Not even Saget.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Another guy I think is brilliant is Jerrod Carmichael. But it seems he's not doing standup much if at all these days. I though he had the chops and material to be huge. The limited standup shows he has on YT are original and hysterical. I guess he wants to concentrate more on TV production, but I wish he'd get out and do clubs.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My fave dinosaurs......Carlin, Rickles, Pryor, Robert Klein (I can't stop my leg!!) Steve Martin and Rappin' Rodney.

Then, Kinnison, Goldthwaite, Richard Lewis and David Brenner.

Then, Colin Quinn, Dennis Miller, Chris Rock

Now, when I listen to XM/Sirius, Anthony Jeselnik, Kirk Fox, Bill Burr and Mark Normand.

Late nighters....Conan and Colbert.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom